MBBL challenge system.

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

King-Nerd
Experienced
Experienced

MBBL challenge system.

Post by King-Nerd »

How does the challenge systems in MBBL work? I can find little info on the MBBL site.

I play a game, move to "transitional" and get challenged. How do I ever get to challenge again? Is it because people want to milk this newb chump. I have completed 4 of my 5 first round matches and one oppo (from a first round match) keeps jumping on my teams as the go "transitional". I may well end up playing him 25 times this season if it goes on at this rate! LOL.

I know the real way to stop him is to kick his butt in the game. I may well have to do that or foul the living shit out of his teams to stop him wanting to play me! :lol:

Reason: ''
Wooden spooner - Carror Crunch 2007
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi King-Nerd.
You'll be happy to know that I've rewritten some of the league info, and it should be available shortly. This includes a little bit about the challenge system:

When you make an endgame report, you choose whether your team will become red or green once the game is over.
Green means that you can make a challenge is soon as both coaches have finished the endgame report.
Red means that you will have to turn your team to yellow yourself. You will then be yellow for 24 hours - meaning that you can be challenged, but can not make challenges yourself.

Hope that helps :)
Cheers
Martin

King-Nerd
Experienced
Experienced

Post by King-Nerd »

Thanks for your help.

The most helpful piece of advice I have received about MBBL yet!

Now I will always report my game in last, like my Oppo's have been doing. LOL :D

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

But that would be unsportsmanlike.
You should update when you can - and at that time send the final file to your opponent, who can then update.
AFAIK, if you have the first turn, then you also update last.

You can still make your team go instant green instead of red->yellow->green when you don't update last.

Just check your email. When you get your "game ended" mail, that means that your opponent has updated, and your team is ready to issue a challenge.

Cheers
Martin

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

King-Nerd wrote:Now I will always report my game in last, like my Oppo's have been doing. LOL :D
And if everyone did that, there'd be no games played.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
King-Nerd
Experienced
Experienced

Post by King-Nerd »

Guys, if I really played like that then I would never get a game. I am quite a nice bloke really.

The fact is that as a new player to MBBL, it is interested how people take advantage of that "Newness". When the light finally comes on over an issue, you go back and revisit things that seemed odd to you by for no definate reason.

I could not work out why I way always reporting first, now I know. I will still report first because I will play anyone, no matter how high the TR difference is, even Ogres Darkson.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

King-Nerd wrote:The fact is that as a new player to MBBL, it is interested how people take advantage of that "Newness".
I doubt it's taking advantage of "newness", more likely that there aren't that many teams available at any one time (I once had 3 teams avaiable, with no-one to challenge).

If we were talking about the old system (where you could go red or green at will), then I'd agree, but since the introdcutioon of yellow, I don't think so.
King-Nerd wrote:because I will play anyone, no matter how high the TR difference is, even Ogres Darkson.
I'll play (almost) anyone, and TV doesn't bother me (I've probably only got a 1 in 3 chance to win whatever the TV - I suck!:lol: ), but I'm not going to waste my time playing against a team I dislike, same as I won't play against coaches I dislike (there were a couple, thankfully not around atm).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi King-Nerd,
>I could not work out why I way always reporting first, now I know.

See, I didn't get this.
If you win the coin toss and chose to recieve, then it follows that you will also have the last turn and start postgame. He will then do 2nd postgame and first match report, meaning you will do last update - wrapping the game.

So, he who got first turn also wraps the game. Simple as that.
Cheers
Martin :D

King-Nerd
Experienced
Experienced

Post by King-Nerd »

No meaning to harp on about it, but....

It does not matter who starts / finishs the game first. What mattered was who reported the game to MBBL last. If I report last then I choose green and go select my next opponent. If I report first (and don't sit at a computer all day), the chances are that I will be challenged instead.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I see what you mean. If you wrap the game you usually report straight away, but if you would rather wait then you don't have to.

Plasmoid is assuming that as soon as you wrap, you report, which isn't always the case, and could be abused to never be challenged if people were that way inclined.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Just saying I've played 35 games in the MBBL and never had someone stall his report.
Cheers
Martin

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Me too! Same experience, as far as I know.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Me also.

And to be honest, unless you're in a position to challenge for the top (one I'm not, and not likely to be, what with my PBeM luck), if someone challenges you you don't want to play, just decline the challenge.
What have you got to lose?

Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

plasmoid wrote:Just saying I've played 35 games in the MBBL and never had someone stall his report.
Cheers
Martin
I don't think I could ever accuse anyone of purposefully stalling, but I do wish there was some sort of countdown that would light a fire under slow reporters. It's annoying to have your team tied up for a week while you wait for a disinterested coach to post his end of the match stats. :-?

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.