Fumbbl Downtime

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

How many times you try to open fumbbl.com, cause you hope Fumbbl is not down

Poll ended at Thu May 15, 2008 9:21 am

never i know the side is down
40%
1 time per day
30%
more than 10 times per day
4%
i always try to open fumbbl when i start my browser
16%
my browser is configured with fumbbl.com as main page
10%

Total votes: 50

Newbie511
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Newbie511 »

I'm tellin' ya, the kid comes through for me.

Even searching through old threads, it's usually his post that is the first one that actually gives me the information that I need in a concise, easy to understand sentence or two.

Reason: ''
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Each to their own!

Although 'concise' surely has to be a wind up. :D

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

SillySod does help people out a lot and gives good advice.
I think we can forgive him a little studenty nonsense. ;)

With Fumbbl down we can't see how many humiliating spankings (defeats) he has given Purp. :)

And yes, I'll get more Dodge. Mother ;)

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Newbie511 wrote:SillySod doesn't know this but he is actually the most useful resource I've ever found on Blood Bowl next to LRBs.

He's suprisingly on topic, relevant and coherent. It sort of sneaks up on you because he does it under this guise of being some overzealous spammer but if you actually look at what he writes, it's chock full of relevant and helpful information.
Will have to bio this one, its funny even if it might be true :D

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

koadah wrote:SillySod does help people out a lot and gives good advice.
I think we can forgive him a little studenty nonsense. ;)

With Fumbbl down we can't see how many humiliating spankings (defeats) he has given Purp. :)

And yes, I'll get more Dodge. Mother ;)
I forgive him too - he knows I'm not having a pop, more of a gentle rib. ;)

And I think we're yet to meet on the pitch. Personal records don't matter an awful lot anyway, a handful of games with one guy from a pool of hundreds isn't really a basis for bragging rights. My Vamps have a far better record than his, that'll do. :D

And back on topic... I checked the site this morning!

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

My Vamps have a far better record than his
Really? I havent checked your vamps out (well, I cant remember them) but have you seen the stats my team has? I think I hit -43 TS vs darkies :o Either way I hope you'll be bringing your vamps to the XFL :)

Wait, only one way this can be resolved..... take vampires to the GT!

Barney is a clever dog.
koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

Pgoo wrote: And I think we're yet to meet on the pitch. Personal records don't matter an awful lot anyway, a handful of games with one guy from a pool of hundreds isn't really a basis for bragging rights. My Vamps have a far better record than his, that'll do. :D
Head to head is what counts. If that game is a tournament final then all the better. :)

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

SillySod wrote:
My Vamps have a far better record than his
Really? I havent checked your vamps out (well, I cant remember them) but have you seen the stats my team has? I think I hit -43 TS vs darkies :o Either way I hope you'll be bringing your vamps to the XFL :)

Wait, only one way this can be resolved..... take vampires to the GT!
Well, that's all doubtful. I'd like to do OK, so I won't take them to the GT, XFL tournaments bore me (although, I'll admit Vamps is one of the better ones), and it's the build up exercise to be competitive that I don't like about [R] tournaments anyways. I'm not a tooting my own horn kind of guy, but my Vamps do nicely.

It was just a giggle anyway - did I hit a nerve? :P
koadah wrote:Head to head is what counts. If that game is a tournament final then all the better. :)
Depends on sample size. If you get 10 or more games played and they're all with even teams (you don't always get that, especially in [L] or tourneys), then you're probably right. But with it being a game of dice and all, and with most of us not having the patience to hunt the same guy down multiple times with super-even teams, your record over a larger number of games against a band of coaches all of the same (high) standard is probably a better indicator.

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

Pgoo wrote: Depends on sample size. If you get 10 or more games played and they're all with even teams (you don't always get that, especially in [L] or tourneys), then you're probably right. But with it being a game of dice and all, and with most of us not having the patience to hunt the same guy down multiple times with super-even teams, your record over a larger number of games against a band of coaches all of the same (high) standard is probably a better indicator.
Why would I care about results against other coaches?
that sounds like CR.

If you want bragging rights you gotta beat da guy.

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Dunno, if Goo wants to judge on a CR stlye system... oh look :D 8)

:lol:

PS perhaps I oughta verify claims before I make em

Barney is a clever dog.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Nope. CR is utterly worthless as it stands (and by that I mean the equation is great, but the system it is applied to is flawed). It's not even worth looking at (and I don't). I just don't think a small snatch of individual records mean a great deal with BB's random elements, but a wider pool of matches against a few coaches you've both played might well show some pointers.

Anyway - we're far, far, far off point. Who cares? Shurrup. ;)

Newbie511
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Newbie511 »

FUMBBL is currently down until May 16th.
I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

-- Christer
I guess this ends the poll on this thread. :)

Willi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Willi »

And although the poll has something to do with fumbbl the Macavity/Pie option is missing!!!

Rent me. I`m German.
koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

Pgoo wrote:Nope. CR is utterly worthless as it stands (and by that I mean the equation is great, but the system it is applied to is flawed). It's not even worth looking at (and I don't). I just don't think a small snatch of individual records mean a great deal with BB's random elements, but a wider pool of matches against a few coaches you've both played might well show some pointers.

Anyway - we're far, far, far off point. Who cares? Shurrup. ;)
Utterly worthless sounds a bit strong. CR 130 vs CR180 would surely give you some hints.

If the equation is great then surely CR wouldn't be useless. The equation should take into account blatant cherry picks better than it does now.

A good rivalry isn't about scientifically working out who is the greatest. It's about having a bit of fun.

I'm surprised that the original point didn't get the thread locked for Fumbbl silliness.;)

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Willi wrote:And although the poll has something to do with fumbbl the Macavity/Pie option is missing!!!
Our macavity vs pie poll got deleted :(

Barney is a clever dog.