New PBeM League...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

I´m in. I mail you soon.

Reason: ''
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Weird...

the address is correct. I will have to check it out at home tonight.
Home - tchatter@rochester.rr.com
Work - tim.chatterton@wegmans.com

Send to either one, but during the season I will only be using home for games. I haven't ever had a problem with it before. Guess I can complain to my ISP.

Vesticle - Yes Rochester is famous for it being about 32F outside in the AM and then about 80F in the afternoon. Gotta love it!

Scott - No none of the Divisions are ranked in comparison to the others. The only way they are compared to the other teams in the league are through the Power Rating (which is used to break W-L-T ties).
As far as a 're-alignment' my thinking right now is that the Top Team and the third ranked team will stay in the division they are in. The other two would be randomly placed in another division or conference. For fluff this would be because the fans killed the coach and owner of the team, the team changed owners or something. Not sure yet. It is something that I think will have to be a discussion by all coaches involved. As it will get boring to play the same coaches every year, twice a year. Another thought is to change the schedule (3 games in your division, 3 more in the other division.)

McDeth - got your roster and both emails. Maybe my ISP was just having issues :evil:

Tim

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Alright per the rules here is the current status:

No more Wood Elves. We already have 2 teams of elves.

(I am switching from Norse to Skaven, give something new a try...)

We also have an Orc, Chaos and an Amazon in the league.

Currently there are 8 coaches that I have gotten info on, 3 that I still need teams from.

So there are still 8 spots left in the league.

I tend to update the website every night at about 9-10PM EST. Big updates with the teams being loaded happening tonight...

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Only need 5 more coaches and then we can get started!!

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

How about a rule for any team that manages to drop below say the 95 team rating, or maybe 90, that they can start with a new 100 Roster of the same race, and carry points so far gained forward.

Otherwise a situation may develop whwre one team physically cant compete after a death in the first game, and find itself on an ever decreasing circle to put out a team.

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Two spots left...

Post by tchatter »

There are two spots left in the league, however, I am awaiting rosters and test games from a few others. If those don't pan out then there will be more openings.

McDeth - I have spent some time looking at other leagues and haven't found any that have a team sub-100TR. Except for the Pub League, which is understandable. I think that it would be difficult for a team to stay that low for an extended period. In the WBBL I had a Norse Catcher killed in my opponents first turn! No APO. At the end of the match I had enough gps to buy an APO, and my TR was at 103. After my 2nd game I am up at about 114TR I think.

I agree that it would suck to be crushed the first game and never be able to recover. But, you could always ask for a loan from another team :) I don't want to dismiss your concern, but I am thinking that I would like to play the first season and if it becomes a problem address it then. Unless everyone else feels strongly about this...

Also, at the end of the season a coach can retire his team and start a new one, although I think its best to stick with a team for a while, adds more interest to the league.

I am still toying with how to "shuffle" the divisions at the end of the season, so that we aren't playing against the same teams every year.

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

Tchatter wrote-I think that it would be difficult for a team to stay that low for an extended period.

It seems I am gonna test that teory since I am meeting Lizardmen, chaos and orcs in my 6 games with my wood elves.
I seriously doubt they will have much more than 100 TR after the season has ended.

Asmodan

Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

Depends on how well you're able to play them. If you're a decent coach you can do well, even with low numbers. I believe that part of balance for low AV teams is having more turnaround and injuries since they develop more quickly than other teams. If I could just keep bumping back up to TR100 if I lost a player, I'd probably always take a team like Wood Elves. Bad luck happens, and no one likes to get injured, but I think it's more of the coaches responsibility to be able to play a style that keeps the number of injuries down for an AV7 team, as well as being able to use their superior skill to make up for their lack of numbers.

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

I will have the same problem playing with Skaven... but... I think that the game has been balanced in such a way... that I should be able to afford replacements and keep my team at least above 95.

I don't know, we'll see how it plays out... should be a lot of fun watching my rats get squished... :D

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL