MBBL Season 2 starting

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

Darkson wrote:
DaFoola wrote:which reminds me - what are the rules about starting teams over in the MBBL, if any? it shouldn't be THAT bad at the end of the match, but i'm not looking forward to the prospect of fielding 8 players, including only one black orc, for my next game. of course, it would be an interesting challenge . . .
You honestly think I'll get rid of 3 Orcs. You haven't seen me play yet :o . End of the 1st half vs. Galak and I haven't broken his 'flings AV once. Still no score though (yahoo).
LOL. i Hope your skaven won't manage to take out as many orcs as i've lost in this game. you never know, however - i did have a game where i suffered 5 casualties to my human team while playing against wood elves.

Reason: ''
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Game Report:
Drunken Masters vs. Doomville Dephilers

Pouring Rain, Drunks win the toss and elect to recieve.
The Dephilers start off the game with a stunning blitz that KO'd a lineman and set the tone for the rest of the game.
The Deph's crazed Beastman, Jeckle, was spotted fouling a Drunk early in the game and sent off but by the end of the first quarter 2 more Drunken Masters were knocked out and receiving treatment in the dug out.
In the 2nd quarter the Drunken Masters draw first blood by fracturing the skull of Pug the Marauder and badly hurting Krustee Vomitteef. Unfortunately they are still unable to pick up the ball and hurting the dephiler's players seems to have enraged the rest of the team as from this point the Drunken Masters have trouble stanying upright. Starting with the death of their Blitzer, Surprise. One can only wonder how different the game might have been if the promising young Blitzer, Evasion, hadn't been spotted fouling the Dephiler's Marauder, Mug.
Down 2 Blitzers and desperately, out manned in the 2nd half things just seemed to from bad to worse for the Drunken Masters. Their Ogre, Skull Basher, was laid to rest by the violent Marauder, Bug.
By the start of the 4th quarter the Drunken Masters were down to 3 players on the field and things looked grim. Suddenly a ray of hope named, Ambush, lept to feet, narrowly evaded the clutches of the Dephiler's Ogre, Grog Tuffnutz, and blitzed the Gutter Runner who was seconds away from scoring. The Runner, Clyde, was knocked out of bounds and into the Drunken Master's sideline. The crowd, trying to help their desperate team, threw the ball in towards the master's endzone! The Marauder, Bug, scooped up the loose ball and carried back the other way. Living up to his name, Ambush, turned and flew at Bug and knocked him out as well. Again the ball is loose and slippery hands grab at it right and left! Nobody can get a grip when suddenly Ambush once again comes through! He scoops up the ball and heads for the hills! Nearing the endzone the Marauder, Dug, tries to stop Ambush but ends up flat on his ass as Ambush refuses to be contained! Ambush breaks free and slips easily past Krustee Vomitteef, who has been contemplating his boogers for the entire half. Ambush grabs the game's only score in the final few seconds of an exciting and brutal match up!
The Dephilers coach, Lord Humungus, was unavailable for comment as he was hauled off by Imperial guards for killing the stadium owner in a dispute over the winnings. Apparently, the Dephilers were asked to pay for damages to the locker room toilets.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Halftime report for French Woodies (woodelves boo hiss) vs THE AWESOME AND MIGHTY FAMOUSLY UNDEAD (necromantic *evil hissing*). Well as u can imagine with 2 wights, 2 flesh golems, and a werewolf for blitzing things were definately good for the French Woodies. In fact the FU would have scored in the mid 1st half if they hadnt tried a 2 square quick pass between the 2 Ghouls, the fumble caused a 2 complete turn ball dropping exhibition. Yes the elf rolled a 1 followed by the ghoul rolling a 2. The elves actually never tried to get the ball the 2nd time because they decided to fail a gfi and ko himself (had nothing to do with the ankle bone on the field, i swear :wink: ). Being on the 8th turn for the FU and having no better option to score they blocked the elves away dodged to get the ball pass to the other ghould and score. Also during the drive the Necro's decided to badly hurt one of the elves and ko 3 others (for a total of 4).

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

First time tried PBeM, playing Vamps vs. DD's Khemri. It's just the 3rd turn and he's already killed 2 thralls! Luckily it's just a practice game.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

After reviewing my game I have decided that next time I should try to pick up the ball and score.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Pariah wrote:After reviewing my game I have decided that next time I should try to pick up the ball and score.
An advanced strategy, but one that is well worth perfecting. :wink:

Cheers,
Martyn

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Scramble

Post by mrinprophet »

Doh!!!!!!!!!

I reread Galak's message on the Scamble results and see that I am in the running for the "Bottom of the Barrel" award. The shame of it. :oops: Thanks Martyn! :)

I have to find a cave.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

HT. Acerak's Exiles and DW's Heirs are tied at 1-1. Heirs to recieve, but down to 10. Interesting.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Scramble

Post by GalakStarscraper »

mrinprophet wrote:Doh!!!!!!!!!

I reread Galak's message on the Scamble results and see that I am in the running for the "Bottom of the Barrel" award. The shame of it. :oops: Thanks Martyn! :)

I have to find a cave.
Lucky for you 2 teams did even worse than you in the scramble or you'd have to have rather public humliation.

As Martyn said ... scoring TDs is advanced BB strategy but one that is highly recommended.

Galak

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Yeah but did anyone score more casualties than me? I think I reaped 5 in that game. lol
If I would have went for the kick (ahem...as was my original intention) I would have won.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

Huh? What bottom of the barrel award? :?:

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Mrin posted an MBBL2 comment on this MBBL thread ... trust me the MBBL has no last place award. The MBBL2 however has 2 last place awards.

Galak

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

GalakStarscraper wrote:trust me the MBBL has no last place award.

Galak
That's too bad, I could have won that one! :P

GO STAMPEDERS!
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

SHOCK NEWS:
The Damned Generation are leading the Ironhill Mouthsmashers by 2 touchdowns to 1. The tactic of kicking deep worked against the dwarves and I was able to sack the ball off the runner who had it before the cage could form. Bob tried to knockover the dark elf blitzer who had the ball, but got Pow/Skull with his only dwarf without Block. My blitzer was able to blitz his way out of the scrum and run in to score.

Unfortunately, the dwarves have successfully caged on the next (and probably final) drive of normal time. With 2 turns to go, the ball carrying runner needs to travel 11 squares to score. With two decent turns, Bob could well even the scoreline.

Cheers,
Martyn

Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

Going into the third quarter of Terrornaki Destroyers (lustria united) and Massacre United (chaos pact) and it's almost anyone's game. MU led at the break 6-3, but in the third quarter the lustrians made an xcellent comeback attempt. Their skink after receiving the ball in the first pass of thegame ran almost the full distance to score a TD, only to stumble and fall on the end zone. He's lieing there stunned, and only 2 players are within pickup range of the ball. Death or glory!

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?