Annoying Bug in PC Game

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shortarse
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Annoying Bug in PC Game

Post by Shortarse »

Hi
I tried to go online for a game of BB but keep getting told my version is not supported. Anyone else having problems? Is there a patch I need to upload to my PC?
Any ideas welcome....

Reason: ''
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Shortarse wrote:Hi
I tried to go online for a game of BB but keep getting told my version is not supported. Anyone else having problems? Is there a patch I need to upload to my PC?
Any ideas welcome....
You need to get the updates. Go to the web-site and download them.

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pagan »

* Team Play ~ 4 Successful passes in a Match
* Solid-gold Thrower ~ 4 Successful passes in a Match with the same player
* Anyone for Six? ~ Score 6 Touchdowns in a match
* A Star is born ~ Score 3 touchdowns in a match with the same player
* Hero of the supporters ~ Score 5 touchdowns in a match with the same player
* Team Development ~ Gain at least 25 SPPs for the team in one match
* Explosive Advancement ~ Gain at least 40 SPPs for the team in one match
* Veni, Vidi, Vici! ~ Cause at least 15 opposition casualties (through death or Injury) in a match
* Survival of the fittest ~ Cause at least 4 opposition deaths in a match
* Cracked Skull ~ Cause at least 12 opposition KOs in a match

All I got. Few interesting others.

21 Passes in 1 match. Dark Elf Dump Off players kept standing near opponents to get Blocked to see how many I could get, and would pass to others who could be Blocked.
20 Casualties in 1 match. Against Goblins, Trolls regenerated several times and kept coming back for more punishment. Claw, MB, Piling On with 4 Chaos Warriors, Minotaur, 3 Beastmen, several 4 STR Beastmen. Since the computer is so bad I have to give those skills and Frenzy unless I roll doubles to everyone, always have to try to pickup the ball even if it requires 5 Dodge rolls and can't throw to anyone but the farthest receiver. I'm still 39-1-1. One draw was a mistake thinking it was a playoff game and I had extra turns, Loss was a bug described below.
Grim Ironjaw has died in the last 4-5 matches he’s showed up to.

PC version:
-Horns not working on Blitzes is annoying. Yes using LRB5 Horns, still when I move and throw the Block sometimes it doesn't happen, has causes turnovers several times.
-I setup a nice chain push that caused the game to hang. Blocked a Troll, pushing him bacvk and knocking down. He got pushed into another Goblin who went into the crowd. Troll died and got Apothecary'ed, stood up and ran off the field like usual. Goblin sat on the sideline waiting for the crowd to come beat him up. Game sat there for 10 minutes until I conceded the match. Had to since I hadn't saved in awhile.

Xbox version:
-Haven't tried since I fortunately do not have an xbox, but was told it yesterday. Give the Deathroller the ball on a kick that goes out of bounds. He drops it and it causes a turnover immediately even though your turn hasn't started.