Annoying Bug in PC Game

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Annoying Bug in PC Game

Post by voyagers_uk »

Ok, so once would have been enough, but it seems to happen everytime.

no sooner do I finish a campaign than the AI steals all my cash reserves

as a dwarf team I am happy to build up my cash reserves but this is getting to me.

so far it has pinched about 300K

I guess I have to use my cash for inducements in the playoff final if I want to see any benefit however I seem to be the over dog by 200-300k anyway

hmmm

anyone else have this issue?

Reason: ''
Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

another 100k pinched yesterday.

however it doesn't seem to affect NPC teams in the same division/draw

the Gouged Eye had 930k in their treasury when I last looked.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

I don't really understand how the other teams get so much in inducements. There's no total TV shown for the opposition until after the inducements are worked out - but after a few games all the other teams seem to be able to induce stars aplenty. Still, I've killed Grim Ironjaw about three times now which is all good fun :)

Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Spiralling expenses?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

they definitely apply to my team.

TV 2130 now and I give up regularly about 400k a match now

but as previously noted it brings back old memories where I kill Griff or Varag every other match

:smoking:

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

My winnings are adjusted down 20-30k per match depending on my TV going along (injuries to my Deathroller occasionally help me to bring SE down)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Got to kill Sillibilli last game :)

Still not killed Griff :(

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

I've killed Grim more than any other star player so far. I think it's around four times now :) I managed to kill Headsplitter yesterday which caused me to cackle out loud. My wife looked at me even more strangely than she usually does after that...

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

had an interesting campaign wrinkle last night...

kick off to an Elf team and they take the ball on their dump off thrower to the right side.

a mistake on a dodge means I can Blitz! once I block a line elf out of the way. The Line elf is stunned and I Blitz! the thrower. he has an open receiver for the dump off but instead seemed to throw it to the stunned line elf and it bounces out of bounds....... the clock stops and the cropwd refuse to throw the ball back in.

I waited 10 minutes and then decided to abandon the match and restart without saving.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Try typing in "please", or, "please, with beer on top"....

I salute you guys... you've certainly got fortitude and patience to accept and play Cyanide's "capsule"....

TT for me....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Annoying Bug in PC Game

Post by duckwing »

voyagers_uk wrote:Ok, so once would have been enough, but it seems to happen everytime.

no sooner do I finish a campaign than the AI steals all my cash reserves

as a dwarf team I am happy to build up my cash reserves but this is getting to me.

so far it has pinched about 300K

I guess I have to use my cash for inducements in the playoff final if I want to see any benefit however I seem to be the over dog by 200-300k anyway

hmmm

anyone else have this issue?
The manual says that in a blitz mode campaign you pay salary to your players at the end of each season. Might that have somehting to do with it?

Praise Nuffle!
Ryan01
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Ryan01 »

I feel for you guys

I've got a Dwarf team currently being used in the 1 Player mode and I've already played 6 games were I gave over 1 mil in enducements against everyone but Wood Elfs now at least the game doesn't have all the Stars in it or I may very well have to end up playing the Altdorf All Stars (Would be one hell of a match though)

Apocrypha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Apocrypha »

Took about 54 games before all of my original starting lineup retired due to ageing. When I started the next tournament I could have hired some back but all seemed to be suffering from at least one negative stat increase beyond - 1 to AV. Even for nostalgia I passed on re-hiring the retirees and just replaced each player outright and started again from scratch.

dwarfrunner
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dwarfrunner »

My TV is pretty ridiculous right now as well (playing dwarves). My inducements against are insane. I just assume every team will get their Star Player and an additional re-roll. I played goblins, and they acutally had 11 re-rolls with inducements, which would only be useful if the computer got three blitzes in a game. I have yet the finish the first season or however they divide it up, but I have started another one since my it has become a joke with my dwarves. I just keep setting up milestones for the team to reach. I am currently trying to score 7 TD's in a game or cause 12 CAS in a game.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I reached my first goal of "phase ridiculous" a few days ago with my first pitch clearance...bearing in mind the AI tends to run away downfield with a couple of guys whether there is a thrower to get them the ball or not this is an achievment.

Just got my biggest BB victory EVER as well - I've never managed to get Dwarfs to win 5-0 before. Admittedly I was playing against Goblins (including Ripper of course) and got a couple of handy breaks - a failed throw of a ball carrying Goblin for one, a blitz that let me get my MA7 Sprint Runner under the ball for the other - but 5-0 with Dwarfs against ANYONE is a pretty big thing.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.