PC Game - Spiralling Expenses

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

PC Game - Spiralling Expenses

Post by voyagers_uk »

I want to see what the highest TV you can get to in the new Cyanide PC game and with what race.

I am 23 games in with Dwaves and am at 2,130,000 (22-0-1 on hard setting) I see no reason to let up and am happy to give 400-700k away in inducements so I will keep it going to see how high I an take it.

Please let me know where you are with your races/teams.

I think things would be difficult with 2 Star Players or a wider range of potential inducements. But that is for future patches (I hope)

Reason: ''
Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

think some guy said he had a team at 3000k

believe that was single player though, I imagine vs human players the player turnover and SPP generation wouldn't be as good

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

versus Human players would mean I would have to be an early adopter of the multiplayer option.... I will still wait for that to even itself out first although I did get a pm about a small league... just waiting to see if that develops....

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

My dwarves that I got won the Blood Bowl tourney with are sitting at 2850 TV, with 740k in the bank..and I was giving up 900k-1100k in inducements each game.

Helps alot that I had to replace all of 2 players thru out my 60 game campaign, so once I got to my full roster (of 13 players), I didn't have to spend anything for the last 44 games (unless I wanted some inducements, which I occasinally did).

my record was 57w-1d-2l on hard..tho there is some talk that Medium might be a better challenge. (a couple of times vs agile teams, I had horrible luck ;)

-Xeterog
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Played Gobbos last night and managed to squeak a 3-2 in O/T finally obtaining 20/20 in rating

the game was proper end to end stuff with the Gobbo's starting with 17 players and finishing with 5.

the chainsaw knocked a player down and then got KO'd off. The Fanatic got KO'd and the Pogoer GFI'd and died....

they scored first and had me on the ropes early on.... Attrition won the day.

DarkOrk20
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DarkOrk20 »

I have an orc team with a TV 2980. I give up between 900- 1800k in inducements and my treasury seems to dwindle. I am not sure how many games I have played but I have 1 draw and 2 losses. I am playing on hard and I have played all but 2 of tournaments. I am having a difficult time getting my FF above 15 though. No doubt when I do then I'll tie or lose.

Almost all of the inducements are the same, Star Player, Bribe the Ref, and an extra re-roll to go with the 10 they already have. I think they are only getting 1 Bribe the Ref though.

I haven't lost any players on the team. I did not use an apothecary on my level 3 troll so he would die. Damn regen. He can't make a really stupid roll half the time but can make a 4+ regen roll.

Thanks for listening.

If all else fails, read the fracking instructions.
Remember, no good deed goes unpunished, trust me!
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

I had just finished my 7th trophy in the Blitz Campaign mode and another strange thing had happened a few of my rostered players disappeared...

so I looked at the manual only to see a section called Aging

Apparently the game makes a random decision on the "age" and effectiveness of your players and when they are past their best it removes them.. it doesn't matter if you do not have the money to replace them or how many skills they have or how vital to your game plan they are....

I will henceforth only play in Classic mode unless someone knows how I can turn this off.......

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

voyagers_uk wrote: Apparently the game makes a random decision on the "age" and effectiveness of your players and when they are past their best it removes them.. it doesn't matter if you do not have the money to replace them or how many skills they have or how vital to your game plan they are....
Sounds like a wonderfully thought through game.

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
inoculator
Experienced
Experienced

Post by inoculator »

voyagers_uk wrote:I had just finished my 7th trophy in the Blitz Campaign mode and another strange thing had happened a few of my rostered players disappeared...

so I looked at the manual only to see a section called Aging

Apparently the game makes a random decision on the "age" and effectiveness of your players and when they are past their best it removes them.. it doesn't matter if you do not have the money to replace them or how many skills they have or how vital to your game plan they are....

I will henceforth only play in Classic mode unless someone knows how I can turn this off.......
Pretty sure they also age quicker if they take a beating, not sure if it's only for serious injury or KO counts too. Think they also age quicker if you drug them up.

I though in blitz you could pretty much choose which rules to switch on/off.

May be worth setting up a new league & check which options are optional. I thought you could turn ageng off.

In defence of the players leaving,I don't think it should matter if you don't have the cash or it's inconvenient. If the guy's too old & knackered then he can't play and so retires. It encourages you to cycle in new players & I find it fun trying to build up rookies in an experienced team.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

My Dwarfs just pinged 2000TV after the third tourney. Had a bunch of cash in the bank, but I had to replace a blocker with two skills.

Regularly facing Griff and Varag now.

Am admittedly playing on medium at the moment, which isn't really a challenge. I was going to can the campaign after the first cup (I wanted to be able to concentrate on learning how the interface worked to start with) but I got an AG4 runner early on and don't have the heart to kill the team. Said Runner now also has Blodge and Fend. The campaign has become my personal quest to make the most OTT Dwarf team ever.

Once I'm done with that I'll start something that might provide a modicum of a challenge.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
inoculator
Experienced
Experienced

Post by inoculator »

Thadrin wrote:Once I'm done with that I'll start something that might provide a modicum of a challenge.
Yeah

Get yerself online & play me.

Although in saying that I'm not sure how much of a challenge that will be :)

katadder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by katadder »

my lizards are at 3,270,000 in value
they have 1 level 6 krox, 6 saurus (5 lvl 6, 1 lvl 4), 6 skinks (2 lvl 7, 4 lvl 6)
FF18, 8 RR, 10 cheerleaders.

they have played 61 games, won them all (including the BB and chaos cup)
have scored 205TDs, had 19 scored against them.
have caused 282 cas of which 49 were kills.

they get something like -90k per game gold so only have money after winning a trophy.

[quote="Panda"]I blame katadder for my inevitable downfall :wink:[/quote]
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

inoculator wrote:
Thadrin wrote:Once I'm done with that I'll start something that might provide a modicum of a challenge.
Yeah

Get yerself online & play me.

Although in saying that I'm not sure how much of a challenge that will be :)
I'll try and get on tonight. Not sure how you see who's on (because I haven't really looked yet). I saw that there was some sort of buddy system, so give me a nudge through that if you can. Nick = Thadrin.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

My Chaos are floating around TR 2500, I keep sacking players to keep it around 2200-2500 if they don't get the skill rolls I need. No idea how many games they've played but I'm on medium setting and have only 1 draw against me. Think I've attained 6 trophies in classic campaign, however far in that is.

I can see them getting a higher TR but at 2200-2500 I still get inducments of 1'000'000 against me. Still seeing rookie teams from previous games coming through to the later on games.

Asariel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Asariel »

Current Chaos side are undefeated sitting at about 2800 with 6 RRs and about 300k banked. Only just after the point of moving from 12 players (all level 3-6) with 3 RRs and hitting the choke point in spiraling expenses where my money neither grew nor shrank. Expanded the squad out to 16 and bought three more RRs. Probably going to get the full 8 and some cheerleaders (just because I can) and then set about getting a full level 7 Squad if I can avoid any Cas. (haven't lost a player or had a SI in about 10 games).

Long since become a joke, but it's a bit of a laugh making such an utterly ridiculous team. Shame they've only had a few stats increases (two MV+ and two AG+)