What a good way to start a day

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grogmir
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Grogmir »

I too am lovin' having BB at my finger tips night and day.

And since the patches the AI seems to be getting a little better - although it can only score with Skaven or Woodies (Having said that a Dwarf team scored against me yesterday)

Think I must have played over 100 games now. So far i've drawn 1 and lost 1.
The lose was skaven Vs Skaven only second game and I only had 4 players left by the end - everything went wrong! LOL....

Can even create a 'Killer' team against the AI - as don't feel so guility! :P

Reason: ''
Spike Cup Reading 07 -- Runner Up, DE's. Damn you Lycos!
Conflict south 07 - Winner, Dark Elves.
Brighton BB league runner up 07 - DE's.
Brighton BB league runner up 06 - Dwarves
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I was aplaying a game with my Chaos team earlier. The dumb Ai, playing Wood Elves, gave up an almost certain TD to hit a guy with 1 die...

I'd been pushing to go 2-0 up at the end of the first half, and the AI got a couple of lucky rolls which resulted in the ball bouncing to an Elf, with a WD free downfield...a couple of 2+s and it was 1-1 (turn 8)...but it decided it didn't want to do that for some reason...

Ended up winning 2-0. I couldn't believe my eyes though.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

ok, so I played the last two games of the season...

semi-final versus Wood Elves - Friends of Wood

they score in turn 2 despite a fairly well tackle zoned set-up on my part.

I win 2-1 and 10-1 on casualties (3 dead, 6 MNG, 1 BH)

Final versus Humans - The Bright Crusaders

I win 2-0 and 5-0 in casualties (4 dead & 1 MNG)

so 7 dead and 7 Serious Injuries in 2 games....

This team will go into storage for now.

Next Up the lizard team, the Seattle Seasnakes

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

wow, I'm glad you took that out on a machine.
Tonight I finally get to play! On the DS though.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

change of plan, went Lizards and played 2 games 1 tie , 1 loss. I skilled up 2 saurii. but I don't like them...

maybe it is the scales, maybe it is the balance... maybe they are just not Brettonians :roll:

So I went with a Human team instead - "The Power". I have actually never played Humans for a season before so this could be fun.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

I just scored 15 KO's against a Chaos team.... only 1 casualty though

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Re: What a good way to start a day

Post by voyagers_uk »

had a few games at the weekend with my Chaos team.

against a TV1.97M orc team with Varag and a TV2.34M Lizardman team with Slibili

managed to win both by a combined 7-0 scoreline and a 16-1 Casualty line. I killed both Stars.

then I played against a TV2.4M Chaos team with Grashnak and despite winning 2-0 I lost the casualty battle 5-2 when one of my star CW's was cas'd in the first block, I knew I was in for a tough time. So I apo'd him to keep the line strong, next Block another CW is SI'd.... it went from there...

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I damn nearly lost with my Dark Elves against Skaven yesterday...Gutter Runner tricks put the AI up 2-1 turn 4-ish second half. Unable to hurt the rats I went hell for leather for an equaliser, which I made quite easily...and then I got a Blitz and got a Runner under the ball deep in the Rat's half, dumped off to a nearby Blitzer when he got hit and scored for the win.

I'm still not sure DEs fit me very well - not until they're better equipped for bashing anyway - but they can pull off some ridiculous stuff, without feeling so horribly broken as Wood Elves do (suffered badly at the hands of a Wood Elf team in the last game of one of my leagues. Were I to play the team again I'd be starting at TV 860. When even Wood Elves kick the snot out of your team it's time to give up. My Humans may as well not have been wearing armour the last three games, and twice I've missed key 1-in-9s for scores which have been turned around into opposing scores.)

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

you're probably not Twisted enough for the Dark Brethren

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I prefer less subtlety in my bloodshed.

More of a Battleaxe/warhammer/chainsaw man than rapiers and all that nonsense.

The team is looking pretty good though...three Blodging Blitzers (the other got Tackle straight off), a Lino with +MA AND +AG, both Runners have NoS and I think I gave one catch, and I have a lino with Guard. Saving up for the first Witch now.

lanky316
Experienced
Experienced

Post by lanky316 »

Had my first foray online today. Humans Vs a Lizard team and lost 2 -0 due to a mix of poor decisions, such as thinking I'd blocked with a lineman so settling for pushed back rather than both down, as I clicked noticed it was a blitzer. Then the dice rolls were worse then my decisions. Kick off went out so handed to Saurus, he then slowly drove down field. Killing a blitzer on the way. Every effort to break the cage seemed to end with "attacker down" and attacking skinks hardly a defender down result. 1-0 half time.

Second half made room wide but my thrower failed pick ups 3 turns in a row, by the time he held it he was swamped, shortly after mashed and skink nips in 2-0 with four turns left. He forms deep and tight so I decide to cut my losses and try boosting SPPs for next time, thrower fails pick up, next turn, catcher fails to catch, third turn thrower makes good pass caught, next turn fumble. So as well as losing comfortably I only get 1SPP for the game (MVP to a catcher) and a dead blitzer... Ouch

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

it's ok I got your revenge for you

My Chaos versus Lizards

6 KO's
9 Casualties
2 Dead

3 TDs to 0

was nasty

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

so finished season 4.

10 matches

avg KO.s per match 5.6
avg casualties per match 6.1

still no piling-on on players that will be Skill 6 for the CW's

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

over the 4 seasons so far, that average falls to approx 4.8 per match, which is still 240 casualties and 240 KO's in 50 games

I wish I chosen Chaos in my current on-line league

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

My Chaos team grows ever more revolting...up to a TV of around 2400. Have two +ST Beasts, one of whom also has +MA. My star player is my Quarterbeast...Sure Hands, Extra Arm, Kick Off Return, +1MA, Pass. Just played against a Wood Elf team...cleared the pitch twice and ended up with ten casualties :)

I don't even have full positionals...I've not bothered with the 4th Warrior because I've so many Beastmen that are doing very nicely and my 3 Warriors have only got 6 skills between them, not to mention that it's the Warriors I've had die on me.