What a good way to start a day

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

ravyn
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What a good way to start a day

Post by ravyn »

maybe i should play bashy then. My orcs are doing alright after 4 seasons learning the intricasies of the game. I started a WE team and my 4 ag players seem to roll more 1's than anything else. anyone else having the same problem?

Reason: ''
ImageApprentice Blasphemer - Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I started a wood elf team, my first two turns were ended by 1 reroll 1 and a double skulls that killed a WD.... needless to say I decided to take an immediate break from Woodies

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

That ridiculous Orc team?
Just played a game with them. a 3-0 win over a Goblin team.
Why is this noteworthy?
I got 17 casualties.
One of them doesn't really count, because it was a foul towards the end (I needed to remove a Troll to complete the pitch clearance, but one of the two trolls had already regenerated.), but the others were all blocks.

Not every day that happens.

Oh yeah, and I was rewarded for the feat by my last remaining level 2 player (a lineorc with Block) got his second skill...and rolled boxcars. Nice. I now have two ST+ players, 3 AG+ and 1 MA+. I had a second MA+ but the Troll ate him.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

...knowing that I did not have a league game tonight which I might need my luck on....

I played 5 games with my Dark Elves yesterday

Combined Touchdown score 20-0
Combined Casualty score 10-3

happiest moment as follows.

Set the scene: There are 4 turns to go, I am 3-0 up against a TV 2m Chaos team (who actually have killers and Foul appearance ball carriers - so no wasted skill picks except maybe Strong Arm on one of the CW's). They have the ball caged just on their side of the LOS with the FA ball carrier protected by 4 team mates who are aligned in a (sort-of) reverse Capital L with the ball carrier in the shelter of the point.

I have people on the points of the L but he has Guard Beastmen so it is not helping me.

I also have a few free Players who are not in a position to get assists in.

My Star Witch Elf (MA8 Block, Mighty Blow, Side Step, Fend) is on her backside marked by a prehensile tail tackle CW and Grashnak.

She Declares the Blitz!, Jumps up and dodges out with the help of her reroll. moves 2 squares and Blitzes the FA Ball carrier, lucks out with a POW and pushes the Ball Carrier into the apex of the L. and he drops the ball back into the square he just left. The Witch has to follow up, so is picking the ball up in 4 tackle zones.... she manages it with the team reroll... Then she dodges away and takes up position 4 sqaures away. The free players manage to create a fence between her and the Chaos players. it is easily breached by a blitz from Grashnak but she is able to dodge away and score with a single GFI 4-0 and only 2 turns left to go.

the Ball was kicked deep and the Chaos team fumbled the pickup twice, so game over....

Only downside of the 5 game run was A ST4, dodge, sidestep Blitzer who was named after my Son got killed and then killed by the Apo... I have not has the heart to tell him yet.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

voyagers_uk wrote:...knowing that I did not have a league game tonight which I might need my luck on....
I now have a Strength 5 Orc Blitzer (also has Mighty Blow and Guard) and a St3 Block Goblin.
I'm happy.

Haven't allowed a TD in six or seven games. Always scoring at least three.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

:D

good to hear it Thads. it is a shame we cannot take these teams and use them against each other.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

What I dont like is the fact that you cant see what the stats of a player are, when he's on his back and you are asked to apo this player or not.

It just cost me a str 4 DE lino. :-?

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

My Troll is a b----rd. He ate that Goblin, and last game refused to be handed the ball so I could score with the only player on the team without a TD. On the plus side a doubles on skill 3 got him Pass.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

So... my latest Campaign is 21 games in

I am playing Dark Elves and have so far won out and have a TV over 2,250,000 and in my current Cup I face the Marauders, the Lowdown Rats, the Grudge Bearers and the Chaos All-Stars...

I cannot get past a slight feeling of "wow" that I am playing against incarnations of these famous and infamous teams. (and beating them)

The AI teams have improved their skill choices a lot and The All-Stars for instance have multiple tentacles, prehensile tails and disturbing presence to throw off my passing game. and their ball carrier is AG4, Two heads and Sure hands, the Mino has Guard and they are an actual challenge.

I am sure that I will suffer more in this format that in recent challenges, but I am still enjoying it.

the All Stars put up a decent fight until I cas'd 4 of them including Grashnak in 2 turns. after that they couldn't stop my pass rush from isolating the ball carrier

finished 4-0 (and 5-1 to me in casualties)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Please be upstanding to show respect for a fine killing machine of the Blood Bowl Pitch:
Bull Roarer, Minotaur on my Chaos "vs the AI" team - the Dalash Goatboys - today passed away, after over 40 matches of carnage.
He had: Juggernaut, Block, Claws, Break tackle and Stand Firm.
He died throwing a block at Griff Oberwald (it HAD to be Griff didn't it?) - double skulls, reroll failed due to loner, dead-apo-dead.
He has been replaced by Beefy Kong, in the middle of the team's Chaos Cup campaign. Beefy BHd a skink in his first game, but getting him to the same level as Roarer is going to be tricky. He Wild Animaled out several times and missed a GFI into the endzone when I was going to hand him the ball...this did at least mean that one of my Warriors pinged level 6 (Block, Mighty Blow, Claws, Tentacles and now ARM 10).

This may be the first team I play through winning the Blood Bowl (which seeing as I'm playing against the AI and can't remember the last time I conceeded and have an record only marred by 2 draws early in the team's existenceI take for granted), just to get Beefy up to a respectable level.

I really want my dedicated fouler to get Sneaky Git too. This is the team where I have a Beastman that is 7/4/4/8 Block, Catch.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

[we're not worthy]

R.E.S.P.E.C.T....

[/we're not worthy]

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Game 2: First kick off. Touchback. Give the ball to Beefy. He ploughs ahead and stuns a Blitzer.
He then BHs a Goblin before I waste a blitz on getting him into the Endzone. 7SPP thank you very much.
He gets BHd later in the game himself, but he's got the skill roll - double 3s. That will be Block then. Sorted.

Next game: Goblins. Hopefully Beefy will be able to have some fun there.

Edit: Beefy had fun. 2 cas including his first kill, and another TD. That puts him on 14 SPP going into his fourth game...against Goblins who have a 16 player roster, most of which strangely has Leap, so they can't induce players and who only have 1 Troll :) This could be interesting. Beefy should be in full killer mode by the time I start the Blood Bowl tournament :). This is of course assuming he survives.

In other Goatboys news, my cursed Beatman got killed AGAIN, this time on a failed GFI, though the apo saved him. Again.

Edit the 2nd: Wiped the second lot of Goblins off the field. 5 more SPP for Beefy, with a cas (the Chainsaw) and another Touchback TD. That's 3 TDs for the big cow...already two more than Roarer ever got. Two Skills after four games. Not bad. Chaos in the CC semis next.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

think I am ready for the LE now, my Dark Elf team have gone 83-1-1 now and have scored 239 TD's whilst only conceding 17.

I have conceded a few casualties but only 3-4 deaths throughout

yes I know this is against the AI. but still.

bring on a different bashy team in the LE

not sure what team though

I have had a crack with all the teams in the current ed. and had exceedingly successful runs with Chaos, D.E. Dwarves, Humans and more than a few games with Skaven, Lizards and Goblins... only a couple with woodies. but I have never gotten along with them.

Obviously I'd like to play Norse as they were my last tabletop team (fond memories)

Chaos Dwarves didn't make the cut. So I cannot choose them

I guess I am considering Ogres / Necro / Halflings (to play the Inducements) or Undead (back to my 3ed. roots)

any suggestions.

Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

voyagers_uk wrote:Halflings (to play the Inducements)
Pffft. Go Hardcore Halfling and only arrange to be able to take the chef to begin with. Dare ya.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)