New League anyone interested?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

the necro team as of BB4 mag.

The nuns are an experimental team but they seem balanced. They ahve their own weaknesses which is always a good sign of a balanced team.

Should be able to see the team i mean later today on the website

Reason: ''
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

I'm looking forward to getting relegated every season,I havent used orcs for years, so it seemed like a good time to try them out again. :D

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

Ok I am going to talk to Vorner.... I cant wait any longer. He said we now have enough for two leagues with the third filling up. I will try and press him to get those two leagues to kick off, their season and as soon as the third is full they can start. Besides if we dont get things moving we will lose people. I am going to do an update on the site tonight. We will also look at adding a password protected area in so that private information can be published such as email address, icq numbers and msn stuff.

I want to get Vorner to talk to the NAF as well, see if we can get this event sanctioned so that all your results can be sent in and count towards your NAF ranking.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

About the NAF seeing as the program doens't work exactly like the game, I don't want the results to be NAF sanctioned. Some of the skills aren't implemented, there are still bugs in the software and you can't reverse things like misclicking so you can end up dodging with mummies when you didn't mean to.

I still can't decide on a race to take either :/

Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

Ok fair enough on the NAF we can talk about that at the end of the season see if its more realistic then.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

vorner23 wrote:the necro team as of BB4 mag.

The nuns are an experimental team but they seem balanced. They ahve their own weaknesses which is always a good sign of a balanced team.

Should be able to see the team i mean later today on the website
I'd be interested in what you are using for this Nun team, I look at the site and couldn't find a page any where which listed the teams and stats available for play in the league. Is the this the only "un"-official team you are allowing in the league or are their others?

Galak

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

Right to take each question at a time.

First we do need to do some updates to the site. The fortunecity server was by no means ideal, but we just wanted to get the site active. Now that is is we'll try and move it to a more user friendly destination.

The suggestion about NAF rankings is a good one, but I can't see GW ever agreeing to it! Its just not in their business interest... and GW is all about business these days.

As per teams, they should really just be the official teams to compete. The coach who chose Nuns is really a one off team. The coach himself is brand new to the game and had his heart set on that particular team. The team list itself is balanced as any other so it was discussed and accepted.

So to answer Galak's question: It is really only the official teams that are allowed. Plus the new experimental teams from the BB3 and 4. These are untested in the wide sense, but they looked fairly balanced on paper. Its all a case of approving each team on its merits.

If a coach really must must play as martians or something! then the team will have to be fair as decided by the league officials. There are enough teams to compare costs against and its fairly obvious if a team is beardy or not. So unless there are very special circumstances then the teams must be official.

Hope that clears up a few things.

Lastly, the site will be updated tonight with the new teams entered and the draw done for the 1st round. Plantagenet has had a word, and I agree. We have enough for the 2 divisions, so we can draw the qualifying round and get started! This will hopefully be updated tonight.... I can't guarntee this as I get out of work at 10pm. But I might be able to leave early and get to work.

Soooooo start your engines!!! The league will be underway tonight!
(To all those coaches left to submit, you'd better get those teams in or its 3rd Div starts for you!!!)

cheers,
Peter/vorner23

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

vorner23 wrote: The suggestion about NAF rankings is a good one, but I can't see GW ever agreeing to it! Its just not in their business interest... and GW is all about business these days.
Just a FYI: The NAF is supported by GW but is independent. None of the NAF staff are GW employees. It's wholly run by coaches for coaches.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Wow.. You're allowing Khemri teams? I might reconsider and join up if there's space left.. :)

I have a thing for Khemri you know.. Err.. The theme that is! :)

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

Christer you can send your team to me and I will get it up on the site as quickly as possible.

If you want your team to go up on the site quickly you can cut out the middle man a send it directly to reiksguard@hotmail.com.

I have made a few minor changes on the site tonight

The YellowHeads have now got the correct Race type by there team, and there team list is now up.

The Patriots team has also been published.

I have fixed the broken image on the League Rules Page.

Plus added the little bit that vorner has posted above on what teams area allowed.

If you notice anything is missing broken let me know I will investigate it, and fix it. Try to get your teams in as quickly as possible we hope to get the first fixtures up this week. I need to do a bit of reading in order to learn how to add a few things to the site. But as Vorner said we plan on bringing many improvements over the next couple of days.

For those who cant be bothered to search the site link is :
http://members.fortunecity.com/bloodbowl01/

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

Yeah I suppose I should've delagated the job of putting up teams to the web administrator. And kept the important stuff for the actual web designer!!

:D

First draw should be tonight... if NTL goes down in my house once more I will track the employees of NTL and kill each of their first born.... drastic maybe but you tell me 4-5 hours per month on the phone to customer services is acceptable. Its the only thing they understand.....

Anyway, draw tonight, if I can't connect I will find a way. Oh yes....

Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

If I get christers Khemri I'll sue :D
Looking forward to it, C ya on the field :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

er wheres my team list ?
Vorner I sent a html one, did you get it ok?
if not let me know please.

Novice Heretic
Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

OK Teams have been updated and the first matches for the League playoffs have been posted on the fixtures list. Remember this will be a two game playoff the results determining which League you are in. If we have finished all the games before the League is completely full all new teams will automatically be entered into division three. We still have 7 positions open, we have had a few coaches express interest but they have yet to get there team lists to us. So we are still working on a first come first served policy.

Remember to increse the speed of things send your teams to me reiksguard@hotmail.com. Also if you spot any errors or have a better history that you want posted send it to the same place. Any sound files are icon that you want on your page can also be sent to the same place. Pure Evil is the only team yet to have been assigned a game the next team in will play the Dark Elves.

Getting the teams up took longer than expected as half the coaches had not sent us there info in HTML format. So we were unfortunately unable to get the password protected area up. Hopefully we will get this done over the next couple of days, so that we can get that confidential data up.

On a side note I have drawn the Dawn Creepers for my first game ... Lizardmen Gulp!... so if you mail me Davin we can arrange to play the game asap.

Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

Just for those who are interested the teams were all drwn from a Hat. Trust me I would not have picked Lizardmen as my first team.

The Necromancer team just happens to face the Khemri team, so it should ba an interesting one.

Sylvanian Deathheads (Old Style Undead) V The Ambushian Amazons (Amazons)

Parravon Patriots (Humans) VERSUS The Dawn Creepers (Lizardmen)

Yellowheads (Humans) VERSUS Nuns of Sigmar (Nuns)

Graveyard Gang (Necromancer) VERSUS Cult Of Ashur (Khemri)

Marianis Bluebloods (High Elves) VERSUS The New Orc Giants (Dark Elves)

Pure Evil (Dark Elves) VERSUS TBA