New League anyone interested?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

Few things to add:

Firstly can everyone set up an msn messenger account, will be invaluable for talking during matches and setting up games.

Don't forget the forum on the site is available for arranging fixtures too.

Lastly looks like Pure Evil will be facing Skaven the first round, sorting out the update now.

Cheers,
Peter/vorner23

Reason: ''
Dinaturz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Dinaturz »

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what about injuries or dead players?

If i have to arrive first [joking] as I am used to be... [/joking] :lol: :o , but with half team... well I prefer to arrive last and beat opponents during the regular season!!! :wink:

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

I'm not sure I understand the second part.... :o

As for deaths and casualties they stand after each match. It would be a good idea to hire an Apothcary as soon as you can. We're seeing how each team reacts over a protracted season. Don't forget that match winnings every game will allow you to build the squad.

The first two qualifying matches will also contribute to the SPP and winnings. So at the start of the division season each team will have played 2 matches.

If anyone hasn't gathered already the first two matches will create ranking for the teams. They are then sorted into divisions depending on their points for these first two matches. (Seemed fairer than just plonking people into divisions.)

So fixtures are up, oh and I've added my msn to my profile as well. Will also be doing a members page soon, with further content and contact email etc for the league entrants.

cheers,
Peter/vorner23

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

My first match - Looking for Parravon Patriots

Post by BigD »

Hi, I'm ready to play anytime you like. Just PM me or mail me at davin@gadgetfreaks.net and away we go. Let me know what time suits you.

Vorner23 - Just a thought. Do you want to email those of in the league with the contact details for each person? I'm keen to play and looking forward to this. I've also emailed you the updated team with the correct skills. Sorry bout that

BigD

Dinaturz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Dinaturz »

me too...

I am the coach of "The Yellowheads".

You can see the portrait of one of my blitzers as my new avatar... :)

Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

Will try to get Vorner to email the contact details of the drawn fixtures

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

I suggest you choose an IRC channel too. With FUMBBL, I've found the IRC to be invaluable for setting up matches.

I have an IRC server running which I use for FUMMBL. If you want, you can use it as the World of Pain irc chat server as well (ofcourse, choosing another channel to keep the leagues apart).

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

Ok good suggestion Christer wil try to organise it.

Played my first playoff game today. I ve already had a player killed ... GULP!!!!!

Get your teams in We only have 6 unconfirmed places left.

Some great teams in the League and if there all as good to play against as Davin I can assure this will be a really good fun league.

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

The opening game...

Post by BigD »

Well the Lizardmen blew it. We went down 4 - 1 as we got cocky. Had the chance to make it 2 - 2 at one stage but went for the foul with 7 assists and got caught. Argued the ref and got sent off as well. Aaaaahhhhhhhhh

Having only the one RR is my problem but the 9 FF made up a bit for it and we did make 50K out of it and we didn't lose anybody.

My opponent was glad of the apoth :-) It saved him a death in turn 8 of the first half. Unfortunately though we opened well in the 2nd with a death of one player and niggled another. Great start but the followup not so good.

So the lizzies go down with the excuse we're still getting used to Sunlight. We're waiting out next game. If anybody wants a practice let us know. We just want to play

Oh yeah, gotta say though. I'm rolling back to 4.2 of the tool as the tool wouldn't let me do 4 GFIs which were needed to take down a few players. A tad annoying but its only a game.

BigD

woodmeister
Experienced
Experienced

Re: The opening game...

Post by woodmeister »

BigD wrote:Well the Lizardmen blew it. We went down 4 - 1 as we got cocky. Had the chance to make it 2 - 2 at one stage but went for the foul with 7 assists and got caught. Argued the ref and got sent off as well. Aaaaahhhhhhhhh

Having only the one RR is my problem but the 9 FF made up a bit for it and we did make 50K out of it and we didn't lose anybody.

My opponent was glad of the apoth :-) It saved him a death in turn 8 of the first half. Unfortunately though we opened well in the 2nd with a death of one player and niggled another. Great start but the followup not so good.

So the lizzies go down with the excuse we're still getting used to Sunlight. We're waiting out next game. If anybody wants a practice let us know. We just want to play

Oh yeah, gotta say though. I'm rolling back to 4.2 of the tool as the tool wouldn't let me do 4 GFIs which were needed to take down a few players. A tad annoying but its only a game.

BigD
As a member of the huge crowd for last nights game I think it was fair to say that the dice were not kind to the scaly ones. The Krox seemed to spend most of the time unaware he was playing BB and when he did remember all he could do was slap people with his handbag.

On balance fate favoured the Patriots but they took their chances when they came. Good game chaps and if this is a foretaste of the what to expect this is going to be a very exciting league.

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

The Opening Game...

Post by BigD »

Oh its going to be an interesting one alright. Still sitting here thinking why I was stupid and didn't take the TD but we won't go there. Have a game lined up tonight to play Spyke come 10pm as well and otherwise I'm free to play pretty much everynight come 10pm if people are keen. I need the practice and my team "The Dawn Creepers" definitely need it!

Still have a bit of an adreleine hit from last nights game but rolling back to 4.2 of the tool. Was going to say as a league we should standardise on this version as well. Having missed 4 GFIs last night hurts and I've had a bit of a play this morning with it and found no problems. Also went back and tested 4.3 again and most of the time okay but not always. I guess I was unlucky on that last night.

But some fun plays as well so I'm hooked again. Now just a case of who can I play next? And does anybody not have a life planned for Friday and Saturday night yet? If anybody keen for a game either really late like 10pm onwards GMT or from 5am onwards if you're keen. I don't mind either as I'm frequently up at these hours. I suspect though we might have an open league as well just so those of us junkies can get a regular fix LOL Any takers?

BigD

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Hi guys just wanted to say skijunkie knows about the gfi problem in 4.3 so yes use 4.2 atm. 4.4 should be out soon fixing some other bugs that have been found and changing ofab and things. If you do find any bugs or experience anything strange just put a note of it in the thread for javabowl so skijunkie can try and sort it out. Also its helpful for him to give as much info on what happened as poss and how often you have noticed it happening. I believe the thread is called "network blood bowl" or something similar.

BigD I may be about for a praccie match late tonight (depends on the gf) but your best bet is to get on irc connect to fumbbl.no-ip.org on port 6660 and then go to channel #fumbbl and ask ppl from the fumbbl league for a friendly match, there is useually someone about who may be free to give you a match.

Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

Yep it was a good game. Must admit Im definetly rolling back to 6.2. What with BigDs GFI problem and myself not being able to move a player at a crucial point as it said I had already moved him. They were definetly annoying glitches

Anyone else played there game yet or do they need contact details or other info. Remember you can use this board to help arrange your game. My Modified team list has been posted

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

I want a rematch LOL Just kidding. Definitely sticking with 4.2 after my GFI problems (those ballcarriers got lucky, my Saurus got tunnel vision lining up the target and completely forgot what he was doing in the first place. 4 times!) DOH!

Well we've learnt from this alright. 4.2 for all! I'll bring up IRC later, give me a change to use TrillianPro with it and see how it copes I guess. Should prove interesting.

If anybody is up to a slow game throughout the day let me know as well. I can connect out from work but not open up anything into hear. Might take the same length as a normal NFL game but I'm always keen.

BigD

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

Well what a game the first match of the season was!!

The crowd was baying for blood. Well the league spectators were anyway. Anything for an easier game next round!
It was a fair match despite the score. Could have easily been a 2-2 had Davin managed to break off his fouling frenzy!! The crowd went silent when he moved in for a foul.... 2 paces from the touchline!

Still Big D doesn't want me bringing that up.... oops.
Talked to a few of you about the 4.3 patch. I've no problem coaches using the 4.2. I still am. And won't update now until patch 4.4 Ski Junkie will probably have it sorted by the weekend. I have faith.