Log matches not going to plan.

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Log matches not going to plan.

Post by Darkson »

I really do need help. I am rolling some really crappy dice in these 2 games. :roll:

In a full 16 turns (in both games combined) I think I've broken AV twice (both for KO's) whilst against Galak I've got 3 or 4 BH, 3 KO's and a DEAD, and against DaFoola I've got a KO in MY 2nd turn. :cry:

When the dice are against you, they sure are against you.

By the way, my Dead was the result of a failed GFI :roll: .

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Could it also be you're playing against decent coaches ... :lol:

And in my defense almost all my casualties have come from 3 dice blocks or crowd pushes. Keep away from sidelines and my Trees and you'd have a healthier team.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Oh and Darkson when you get a chance would you go on the forum at www.bloodbowl.com and tell the folks that are saying that the Halfling team should be removed from the LRB because they can NEVER compete .... could you let them know about our game .... thanks ...

BEWARE THE 'FLINGS .... MUH HA HA HA HA!

Galak

Actually all joking aside ... Darkson is doing a great job at learning the PBeM program.

DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

I'd agree - doing a good job with both coaching and the program.

I mean sure, KO'ing one of your own players on a Skull then Skull block is a tough luck roll, but that KO of my player was a black orc, and I've only managed 2 KO's in 3 turns despite using a team that has 5 players at ST4+ and having gotten a pair of 3-die blocks. So you're right in there. Now, if the casualties started piling up or you lost those GR's . . .

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Wot, like I'm doing now :lol: .

That was a total rookie mistake that I can't even blame on learning the PBeM program. That'll teach me to play to fast.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

OK, that's more like it. Pulled one back in the 7th turn :D so it's one a-piece vs.Galak, and with only 1 turn left he's gonna ave to go for the throw to win. Unfortunately I've only 6 players on the field :o so the deep cover gonna suffer.

Still, it's the 1st time I've played rats and the 1st time I've played against 'Flings, so I'm reasonably happy with my performance :) .

Now, just need to get some better dice :roll: .

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Update. Galak rolled Perfect defense on the kick off table so my LOS guys moved away from the treemen. Could be very interesting.

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Careful, one of those 'flings killed a Black Orc Blocker! They's dangerous, Darksonny Boy!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

With only 6 players on the field I think I've learnt that the hard way :o.

Never, ever want to play against 'Flings again.

Now coach them, that's a different matter :D

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Darkson wrote:With only 6 players on the field I think I've learnt that the hard way :o.

Never, ever want to play against 'Flings again.

Now coach them, that's a different matter :D
Game over. My PBeM training match against Darkson was a TR 100 Fling team against a TR 100 Skaven team.

Final score Halflings 2 - Skaven 1.
Casualties inflicted Halflings 3 - Skaven 0

Final team status:
Halflings 11 on pitch/1 KO/1 Sent Off/1 Badly Hurt
Skaven 6 on pitch/1 KO/1 Sent Off/3 Badly Hurt/1 Dead

Thanks for a Great game Darkson. I'm saving this game for the next time someone tells me that halfings suck and cannot be competitive (which happens on bloodbowl.com once a week).

Galak

Now if I could just get my trees in my game against Neo to hit as hard as they did in our match, I'd be in good shape.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Thanks for the game Galak, just need to find out why i can't see the ball on he ground.

At the beginning of the game you said this was a trial for your "perfect 'Fling team". What will you do, as in this game, when you don't earn enough money to freeboot Deeproot?

Lastly, thank Nuffle it's not a league match.

I'll get you next time.....probably :-?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

With the 60k I'd freeboot 2 Halflings for 30k and have 30k in the bank. At the end of game 2, I'd have enough for an Apothecary.

Going into game 2, I'll be TR 96 which will get me an additional +1 to my gold roll and a possible handicap roll if my next opponent is TR 107 which is very possible after his first game.

So game 2 for this team would have:

9 Halflings
2 Freebooted Halflings
2 Treeman
5 Rerolls / 9 FF
30k in the bank
TR 96 (even though I won my first game and had no deaths) yielding an extra +1 to the 2nd game gold and very likely a 2nd game handicap roll.

So my plan was not to freeboot Deeproot every game ... just the first to ensure that the halflings have a strong first game which sets them up for continued success.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well that's all right then - as long as I don't play you 1st (or 2nd or 3rd......) :lol:

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Galak,

All I can say is bring on the Flings! with or without DeepRoot. Have you ever seen a Piling On Mummy squash a Tree? As for the Flings... nothing a bit of Tackle won't handle (and just imagine the mess if a Mummy squashes them)! :P

Oh and who says that Khemri have to play a slow grinding 2-1 TD win.... just ask SBG! (sorry Fred but couldn't resist.... must admit those Kick Offs have been on my side big time!). With 2 turns of the match to go, the Khemri are up 15-0 and 5-0 in cas. With 1 CD sent off and a couple in the KO box there are 4 quivering lumps of Chaos Dwarves wondering whether they should take to the field or retire!

Dave

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

Halflings Rubbish???? Heresy!!!!

They are the best BB team there is!

Well alright not the best.....but they can compete.

One of the few teams that can do 1 turn TD without gaining any skills. Plus they are allowed 2 big guys... which can be helpful when your team is made up of players most 8 year olds would tower over.

Ok so when halflings get beat up... they can really take a pasting but in the hands of a good coach.... like Galak presumably, they are can be a real surprise.

I took halfies in the Spike Tournament in Reading and and won 3 games out of 6. Not bad considering there were some excellent coaches there. Finished 16th I think out of 38 or so coaches!

Halfling hit squads rule!