Cyanide Goblins

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Raziel_Spry
Rookie
Rookie

Cyanide Goblins

Post by Raziel_Spry »

I've been playing a gobbo team online with Cyanide's PC game, using matchmaking (which I'm loving).
"The Nervous Gigglers" have a record of 7-2-2, of which I'm very proud :orc:

Thought I'd share my pride in their success before the inevitable fall...
Anyone else having much luck with Goblins in the public league?

Reason: ''
lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cyanide Goblins

Post by lucasluckydelux »

I had a 4/1/1 on public league avoiding dwarfs :D

Now I have started new team using matchmaking and I am still at 2/0/0 because I don't want to play with them very often...

On the second match I left Dark Elves team with two players on the field...

Flix
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Flix »

11/2/0 :roll:

[url=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1859]German Online Blood Bowl League[/url]

(Matchseeding round 1 Bembelbowl) at table 17: Flix - Planlos (planless)... hereupon Culle: we know
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

1/0/1 in matchmaking, because both times my opponent disconnected, and the 2nd time (my loss) my computer stood idle for 1/2 hr before I got bored and quit the match.

I don't think I'm going to bother with MM again until they fix it - crappy system. :pissed:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Porkus_Maximus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Porkus_Maximus »

I've tried to play goblins in MM but they're just a horribly, horribly flawed team at equal TVs. Without the chance to buy bribe inducements, your secret weapons often get totally wasted. Typical MM scenario with goblins;

Opponent chooses to receive, secret weapons are put in reserve. Opponent injures a handful of goblins and scores, forcing secret weapons to be deployed. Worst case scenario is they only get used for a single turn, turn 8. Half time; Secret weapons get sent off and now you've got about 7-8 players for the second half. A ditch 1TTD with TTM is really all you can hope for at this point.

IMO goblins are only worth playing in an environment where you can challenge higher TV teams and get lots of inducements to cause all kinds of shenanigans. Even then, Cyanide's BB is missing so many low cost inducements that it's not always worth it.

yumi_cheeseman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by yumi_cheeseman »

I have a well developed gob team in MM about 10 - 4- 6

They were originally 7 - 3 - 0, so it shows how bad my run has been lately :P

They are starting to get a TV higher than I'd like (so I'm facing too much block), unfortunatly goblins can only survive in the lower TV area.

I do have a block pro troll, and a +MA sprint sure feet goblin. Otherwise I typically fire anyone who lvls up, and I don't carry an apoth (in order to keep my TV so low!)

I also have a goblin team in an online league going 2 - 0 - 2, however one of those losses should of been much better (god damn rookie chaos team made 12 dodges in a row over 3 turns without even the need of RR!), goblins loooove rookie chaos!

Da Shin Kikas
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Da Shin Kikas »

Da Shin Kikas have an online life.

7 7 30somethingorother.

Extremely entertaining upsetting elves with my block/jump up/pile on legend and everyone else with a st 6 blocking troll.Oh and a guarding,blocking, mighty blowing fanatic.

Agree broadly with the "typical gobbo game" senario.
Have had to start dodging dwarf teams religiously as the 11 players with block and most with tackle is absolutely no fun when you're a gobbo.

There also seems to be a tendencey with cyanide players to hold off the touchdown even when they're 2 nil up, which gets rather tedious

Am also deeply agrevied at paying full bloody price for bribes.

hancock.tom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hancock.tom »

A great addition to Cyanide's matchmaker software would be to allow coaches of certain teams (I would limit it to halflings and goblins) to be able to find MM opponents of either equal TV or $100,000 above them. Just as the goblins have trouble without at least one induced bribe, halflings are exponentially more difficult to play without the master chef. Letting these teams achieve $100,000 underdog status to get inducements the blood bowl rules committee envisioned would be common would be a great addition to MM.

just1234person
Rookie
Rookie

Post by just1234person »

My Goblin team started off it's first game with 2 deaths, and it's second game with my Fanatic dying on a GFI and another death.

So, now I'm playing with 4 journeymen and no secret weapons (I assumed they counted towards whether or not I got journeymen, so I canned the two I had left).

They've gone 0 wins, 1 loss, 2 ties. So far, I've had a blast with teaching people the wonders of a proper defense by stalling bashy teams scoring in both those ties, in one case with only about 6 Gobbos left. :lol: