Cyanide hates me

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Cyanide hates me

Post by duckwing »

I was just having the most amazing match with a gobbo team in match making. They were breaking through armour and causing casualties left and right. My chainsaw dude killed his best chaos warrior and sent two others too the dead and injured box. My troll killed one guy and one guy was killed by the crowd. The rest of his team was slowly wittled away in a combination of fouls and very lucky blocks. By turn 13 I finally cleared the pitch as his last beastman was knocked out. I made my touch down, bringing the score to 2-0... and then the network failed. My team was disqualified. My glorious victory and all my SPP was stolen by Cyanides evil server.

:(

Reason: ''
Praise Nuffle!
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Cyanide hates me

Post by Magictobe »

Sounds like a halfling bribe. :smoking:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

duckwing wrote:and then the network failed. My team was disqualified. My glorious victory and all my SPP was stolen by Cyanides evil server.
Your network or his? If it's his, I'd be dubious...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

Darkson wrote:
duckwing wrote:and then the network failed. My team was disqualified. My glorious victory and all my SPP was stolen by Cyanides evil server.
Your network or his? If it's his, I'd be dubious...
If it was his I would have got the win. Nothing in his acting before or after the failure made me suspicious though. If he could and would hack the game he would have done it much sooner.

Praise Nuffle!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

duckwing wrote:If it was his I would have got the win.
Unfortunately not true - there is a known exploit which allows you to quit the game without taking the loss (sometimes even gives your opponent the loss :evil: ). Even in the case of genuine disconnections, the game doesn't always assign the loss correctly (or at all). :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

I've played 4 games online on the Cyanide game and all 4 have failed to be completed because of network error or a concession, so I've just stopped playing and gone back to FumBBL.

Mr 1-in-20
besters

Post by besters »

That does happen, but you can get some very good games on Cyanide, if you are prepared to accept this happens and don't worry too much about rankings.

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Come back to fummbl, the new client is great. (and getting better all the time...)

Dessad
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dessad »

I've had a handful of good games using Cyanide's software, but it's a 'hit or miss' kind of thing--and not always in the coach's control. Sure, sometimes you play against someone who uses the exploit to DC, but other times the network failure is completely arbitrary, leaving nothing but Cyanide's bad net code and/or server to blame. I wouldn't 'touch' Cyanide's public league with a ten foot pole; the game/coaches are just too unreliable.

Porkus_Maximus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Porkus_Maximus »

I've not usually had much problem with Cyanide's game in terms of stability but this week all hell has broken loose. I've not made ANY changes or updates to my system but this week out of 6 games, 3 have ended abruptly with "blood bowl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error messages.

Thankfully I've only had crashes on my MM team, if my league teams crashed mid-game my league standing would be screwed.

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

I suspect a good chunk of the new stability issues are related to their new use of DFA.DLL - other games have reported a large range of issues with it, from crashes to antivirus software throwing a fit about it. It's part of SecuROM that they now use to "protect" their models.

Porkus_Maximus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Porkus_Maximus »

Interesting. Since I made my last post, I suffered a string of crashes with my league team(s) which meant I had to forfeit all my leagues effectively making BB1 completely unplayable. It was uninstalled shortly thereafter.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

whereas it loves me...

My Norse have played 7-8 games and I have 4 ST upgrades and 3 doubles ( as well as 3 normal skills and enough money to fill out my roster...)

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Insane_Prophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Insane_Prophet »

My Undead team has (without suffering any deaths) rolled a +2 STR Ghoul, a +STR Ghoul, a +STR Wight and every single Zombie has rolled doubles (Guard) for their first skill.

Why isn't this my tabletop team? *sobs*

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just wait until the "farmed" complaints start piling in (assuming this is a online team).