Another Java BloodBowl League - Ladder Style - Any Interest?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

After getting hooked last night while getting my butt well and truely kicked I'm thinking about setting up a Ladder Style League if there is enough interest.

I'm thinking the usual 1000K to start and scoring as follows. 4 points for a win, 2 for a draw and 1 for a loss. 1 point per casualty (max of 3) and 1 point per touchdown (max of 3). Everybody in the league will start equal on zero then move up depending how they play.

Initially I'm thinking of 5 or 6 leagues depending on your timezone or region. This would just make it easier to arrange games. The proposed leagues are 'Western USA', 'Eastern USA', 'United Kingdom', 'European and 'Australasian'. Alternatively we can cut it back to 3 leagues with 'European', 'Australasian' and 'United States'. This would be easier from my point of view but timezones might cause problems or slow it up. Whats everybody's opinion on this?

Finally there would be two other leagues run seperately from the 'regionalised' leagues. These would be the 'International' and 'Open'. The International would need to be between players from different leagues to make it interesting and keep it global. There is no point in having two European players competing in an International League just to raise their rating in that. You would use your team from your present regional league and challenge a player in a foreign league. The team ratings would need to be similar so we don't get a 100point team being challenged by a 150+ so the team rating would need to be within 25tr to make it interesting. The challengee of course doesn't have to accept the challenge. This league would operate independant of the region leagues and no SPPs would be added to the team but the winner receiving financial gain only at a set amount. It could be something like 75K for the winner and 25K for the loser which is then applied to the team before the next region game. Of course you could lose a player completely in this as well so you would need to be careful. The points would work the same way as the region with 4 for a win, 2 for a draw and 1 for a loss. You might do lousey in your regular league but have the opportunity to challenge somebody else in a foreign league but both make some money to help your present streak.

The open league woud pretty much be a free for all also using your present 'region' team. The idea of this is to get some practice, have some fun and just enjoy yourself. You can challenge any and everybody in this and basically consider these charity matches. Its just basically a free for all. If you want to play your 100 point verses the oppositions 300 then go for it. No money will flow back into your regular team but then again no deaths or injuries either. Fun is the aim of this league. You would gain points within the league as per the rest but they only count in the league.

With having this many leagues of course its not going to be a walk in the part setting up etc but if you're keen PM or email me. If you email me using a subject of 'BloodBowlers.com League' so I don't miss them. There will of course only be a maximum number of players per league but I'm thinking 25 as a good number. The Open and International Leagues will have no limit of teams bar the maximum number of players in the league.

Almost forgot. To progress in your 'regionalised' league you can challenge within 8 points of your score within the league, not your team rating. So if I have a team with 27 points I can challenge anybody who has a maximum of 35 points and a minimum of 19. This should keep the challenges relatively even. Of course if one person is ripping ahead and not within the 'regular' range then we'll sort something out. There will also be a maximum number of games in the league but this will depend on the number of players participating. Finally, you can only have one game in progress at any time and that will need to be resolved completely before any new challenges can be accepted and you can't play the same person more than 2 games in a row. The second game could be considered a grudge match but anymore than that won't be accepted by the league commissioner.

What do people think of this? Is it too much? Too complicated? What would be better?

BigD

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

What I would like or well prefer is a standard league scoring like in the football, i think points for cas and td are finr for tournys but they suck in league, the team who suffered the cas will already maybe have some deaths and mng to contend with and the team that inflicted them and scored the tds would have got a spp advantage allready.

Or a proper ladder whre you challenge someone further up the ladder, within a certain range of tr and then play. If the higher player wins positions stay the same, the lower player wins he moves half way up the ladder positions between the 2 teams, ie top team was at 10 bottom at 20 and the 20 team wins he moves up to 15th place. Also to stop people just not playing certain races, if you don't accept the challenge then you just swap ladder positions. Having challenges in a certain tr range will stop mismatched team challenges. Also to stop people from getting a high position and then not playing any more, maybe for every week without a game, they go down a rung, though this may take some bookkeeping.

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

I'd thought about this myself basing it on TR as opposed to Points but wanted to see what people think. I don't mind either way, just wanting opinions before I get it up and running

BigD