Blood Bowl Legendary Edition

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Krulfang
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Blood Bowl Legendary Edition

Post by Krulfang »

Dear Lord... I just discovered the edit team option. You can basically make the perfect team for exhibition matches.

So what did I make? Why, a team of 16 Level 7 Snotlings - The Stalwart Snotrags! S3 AV 7 Block/Guard line with, my personal favorite, an M6 AG5 Leaping Snotling with nerves of steel and catch making touchdowns when he catches the ball from my AG 5 Snotling with Pass, Accurate, Safe Throw, and Strong Arm!

I laughed through the entire game. Their team value is around 4700 because of all the double skills and stat boosts I gave them, so the computer brought Griff Oberwald (who my snotlings killed!) and every other inducement in the book! Hilarious match. Take that, Reikland Reavers!

Reason: ''
Keepin' it Green.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

wow I haven't done that yet, I am too busy enjoying my Norse... racking up at least 8 casualties per game and having an average Death per match (i.e. I kill at least) 1.5 opponents

it is fun.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

2.0.0.6 released.
BLOOD BOWL - LEGENDARY EDITION - 2.0.0.6 UPDATE (41 MB) FOR THE DVD/DIGITAL VERSIONS EXCEPT THE STEAM VERSION.
STEAM USERS: PLEASE RUN STEAM IN ORDER TO UPDATE AUTOMATICALLY THE GAME.

1. Click http://www.focus-files.com/patchs/bb/bb ... -0-0-6.exe
2. Save bble-update-2-0-0-6.exe application file on the hard disk.
3. Once download done, run bble-update-2-0-0-6.exe and follow the instructions.

If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 and you cannot install the update:
- Right mouse click bble-update-2-0-0-6.exe application file and click Run as administrator.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PATCH NOTES 2.0.0.6:

- Fixed an issue with Blood Lust: there is now a Turnover when a Vampire uses Piling On or Wrestle under the effect of Blood Lust.
- Fixed an issue with Hypnotic Gaze: now works correctly on a 6.
- Addressed performance issues.

Also, all rankings should now have been wiped from the server (except for those gained since the server came back up).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

Darkson wrote: Also, all rankings should now have been wiped from the server (except for those gained since the server came back up).
But they are back today. Do tou know why???

Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

txapo wrote:
Darkson wrote: Also, all rankings should now have been wiped from the server (except for those gained since the server came back up).
But they are back today. Do tou know why???
Word is the Top 10 before the patch essentially all got there via cheating, so they must have been re-calculating rankings.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Ulthuan_Express wrote:Word is the Top 10 before the patch essentially all got there via cheating, so they must have been re-calculating rankings.
This isn't the same "Word" that brought us important information like 2.0.0.4's performance issues were related to a memory leak, is it? "The word" in the community is a notoriously crappy source when it comes to anything approaching factual accuracy.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

#1 and #2 in the old Top Ten were both known cheats. Rankings were wpied, and once the servers came back online, games played after that gave you a new ranking.

At least one menu exploit is still in use, zzzpinkzzz has found it already. :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

But why auld world leagye wasn't cleared up???

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Darkson wrote:At least one menu exploit is still in use, zzzpinkzzz has found it already.
There are a pantload of really cheap and dirty cheats still in the game - ones that require very little effort. Very few of them are easily detected by cyanide, either - its not like replay files show menu spam, nor can the server tell which side is "cheating" if the disconnection is only between the two players, not the disconnecting player and the server, etc.
txapo wrote:But why auld world leagye wasn't cleared up???
I believe this is one they actually DID give an official answer on:
VinceFromFocus wrote:As you certainly have seen the reset of the rankings is done (except for auld World, as this league is build more for players to have fun than to seek performance).
They didn't think there was any point in resetting a non-competitive ladder. Of course, there's not much point in displaying rankings if it's non-competitive, either.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

FocusTechSupport wrote:Dear Blood Bowl Coaches,

The Blood Bowl servers will be stopped in order to make an update:

On Friday, November 19 from 4:00 PM (16:00) to 8:30 PM (20:30) Brussels, Copenhagen, Paris, Madrid time.
To get the corresponding time for your country, please click here.
The estimated maintenance duration is four and half hours (4h30).

This update will improve the Blood Bowl servers performance and the gameplay conditions.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

The Blood Bowl team.
Like the fact there's plenty of notice given (posted at 10.43am) - lucky my league game was scheduled for last night, and not tonight as originally planned). :roll:

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

2.0.0.6 has caused mine to stop working now, I try to load a campaign match and it fails to load the stadium.

although it is Norse versus Elves which was also the last campaign match to fail for me. albeit the first match of the campaign versus this time which is the 36/7th

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

I must say, I do appreciate the fact that Cyanide has been wrecking their own game for the last three versions. It has given me a nice break to work on some of the other projects on my rather extensive to-do list.
voyagers_uk wrote:2.0.0.6 has caused mine to stop working now, I try to load a campaign match and it fails to load the stadium.
You might want to use one of those clunky batch files they have circulating in order to randomize the stadium files and see if it's just a matter of that particular stadium being an issue. Of course, if that does work for you, then you'll still have to puzzle out which stadium is being an issue and probably replace it with something else permanently - or at least until cyanide solves the problem (see if you can read that while keeping a straight face).

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Thanks VM...... :roll:

I would not trust the batch files that float out there, I am not that programmer savvy

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Probably a daft question - what anti-virus are you using?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

AVG version 9.0.869 (paid version - not free)