Old World Football League

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Old World Football League

Post by Skarsnikk »

The Old World Football League (OFL) is gearing up for its 4th season and is inviting coaches of all experience levels to join the community. We will be running Legendary Edition and kicking off this 2nd Era with all fresh teams. There's never been a better time to join!

The OFL Features

* A full 16 week schedule with games played weekly.
* Persistent stat tracking and replay hosting. Know exactly how your team and individual players rank and stand among the big boys of the OFL.
* Easy-to-use online reporting application.
* A postseason playoff patterned after the NFL.
* Injury list for tracking opponents.
* Racial limits to provide a variety of play opportunities (without forcing people to play goblins).
* Team accolades for accomplishments (least touchdowns conceded, conference rank, etc.).
* The Blood Blotter, a monthly newsletter with stories from around the league.

The OFL Community
The OFL community has two separate leagues for its members to enjoy. Whether you simply want to join for casual pick-up games or participate in a competitive league, the OFL community offers leagues to satisfy both play styles.

The Old World Football League (OFL)
The OFL is the Warhammer world's equivalent to the NFL. Games and schedules are modeled after the NFL.
This is the big league. Conferences will be added regularly to accommodate expanding interest in the OFL.

The Old World Tournament League (OFTL)
The OFTL is a competitive side-league designed around one-off matches and mini-tournaments. The OFTL is home to retired OFL teams, fresh teams, and everything in between. New coaches start in the OFTL and when an opening in the OFL occurs, teams are drawn from the OFTL to complete the league. Full OFTL rules are posted on the forums.

Join Today!
There's plenty of time to join the community and participate in OFTL matches and tourneys before the OFL kicks off its next season.

* Visit our website at: http://www.oldworldfootball.com
* Register on our forums.
* Read the Tournament League Primer: Getting Started in the OFTL
* Create your team and challenge the OFL community!

Hope to see you on the pitch!

Reason: ''
For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Old World Football League

Post by Piousman »

My key question is: is this a predominantly European or US (or other) league? For purposes of scheduling games, the time difference is important for me.

Cheers,

Piousman

Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

It's predominately a US league, there are a couple of us in Europe and one currently serving in Afghanistan, though the majority of games scheduled will be against US opponents.

For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
CopiousDude
Experienced
Experienced

Post by CopiousDude »

The OFL portion of the league has already started, but the OFTL is always looking for members! Joined this league about a month ago and all the coaches are really friendly and fun to play with. Who knows, if we get enough players we may even be able to convince the admins to upgrading to a 64 team league for next season! =) (Currently a 48 team league with 5-10 coaches on a waiting list to fill any drops)