Cyanide Dice Hacks

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Cyanide Dice Hacks

Post by SillySod »

If you dont know about this already then you should visit the cyanide forums. Even if you just fancy a laugh :)

Or you could read about the dice hack here.

[Edit - link removed - Darkson]

Reason: ''
Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: Cyanide Dice Hacks

Post by Joemanji »

Bad news for those chaps. I have a free copy of LE coming as a Eurobowl prize, so I guess I won't be playing that after all. :-?

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Insane_Prophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Insane_Prophet »

As usual, everything's a mess.

Honestly it just reinforces my opinion that you can only safely play a fair game with a community of people and players you can trust. Particularly online.

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Insane_Prophet wrote:As usual, everything's a mess.

Honestly it just reinforces my opinion that you can only safely play a fair game with a community of people and players you can trust. Particularly online.
Well, it turns out that fumbbls new FFB client is pretty much foolproof in this regard. All rolls are handled by the server.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Insane_Prophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Insane_Prophet »

SillySod wrote:Well, it turns out that fumbbls new FFB client is pretty much foolproof in this regard. All rolls are handled by the server.
But wouldn't you say that the majority of fumbblers are trustworthy anyway? Being a self formed community around the game?

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

morgnth.org --> simply brilliant name for a BB-site.

If I ever play LE online, I have no doubt it will be with people I know, either IRL or though this or some other forum.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

*sigh* And here we were trying not to advertise it...

Hopefully, this particular exploit will be fixed soon - though that doesn't mean VM won't expose another. :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Insane_Prophet wrote:But wouldn't you say that the majority of fumbblers are trustworthy anyway? Being a self formed community around the game?
A majority isn't enough if there were a way to cheat on FUMBBL. Especially in a open-to-all community. Thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Joemanji wrote:Bad news for those chaps. I have a free copy of LE coming as a Eurobowl prize, so I guess I won't be playing that after all. :-?
Well - don't be too hasty.

I think this is sad news for the Cyanide chaps - another knock to their product and their company, so long as the BB game goes. However, I thought accepted logic was that you played Cyanide in a closed league amongst friends anyway, and as such you avoid all of the silly online exploits / lameness that plagues the product.

I tried the first game and found it horridly bad, but when LE comes through the post, I'd certainly be open to us setting up a small internal league and giving it a fair crack (not that I expect it to be any good, mind). So long as you can guarantee the guys you're playing with won't cheat, it could still be an entertaining aside? I can’t imagine the eight of us plus selected others would lower ourselves to resorting to a hack.

Before the hack, the advice seemed to be don't play online open league games on Cyanide. I'm not sure this changes much in that regard. If you want good, open, secure online play, you go elsewhere.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Pgoo wrote:Before the hack, the advice seemed to be don't play online open league games on Cyanide. I'm not sure this changes much in that regard. If you want good, open, secure online play, you go elsewhere.
+1 - as I said elsewhere:
Darkson wrote:Auld World is for any team, including teams transfered from the BB1 game, including those that have only played in private leagues (as one of mine is) - teams can join at any time, so can be farmed etc. Avoid unless you just want a game you don't really care about.

The other 3 are for new teams only - a team can only join before it's played a game. Play 1 game with a new team, and it has to join the Auld World. Also, they're (iirc) all MM-only, so you can't challenge a friend (or 2nd account) to farm teams. They should all be better for playing ranked games (but with all the exploits still in there, not that much better). The only difference between them is the SE points.

All that said, you're still better off playing "properly" by joining a Private league - still to much cheating in MM.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ok, didn't realise it was openly being discussed on the Cyanide forum. :roll:

Put the link back up if you want then.

[Edit - actually, don't. There may be a case of you (or the site) getting sued for "distributing" the hack, according to posts on the forum.]

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Darkson wrote:Ok, didn't realise it was openly being discussed on the Cyanide forum. :roll:

Put the link back up if you want then.

[Edit - actually, don't. There may be a case of you (or the site) getting sued for "distributing" the hack, according to posts on the forum.]
Even I can't be sued for that sort of thing, Darkson. You need to start taking what random forum ranters say with a much larger grain of salt - and that goes double for the rantings of a certain community icon's lapdog.

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

I hate to admit it, but I'm a big fan of VoodooMike. He's a tit, but I can't stop loving the guy.
He reminds me of Tony Soprano - just smarter and maybe more arrogant.

Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

I'd rather he kept himself to the cyanide BB forums and not spread his 'content' here.

For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

I agree voodo mike makes me laught as well. And cyanide's problem had been foretold as the dice rolls are aprantly done by your computer and not their server's,...