What would you change about legendary edition?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Re: What would you change about legendary edition?

Post by Podfrey »

Going to be a bit controversial, but generally I like it :-S

Definitely fix the RNG
Definitely add the missing Stars

Would be nice to have more info/better messages/options at times, but this is liveable with

Have found a bug where sometimes a player on the team can't blitz (but I can use a different one). Usually happens with the highest spp'er (Str 5, Block, Tackle, MB so understandable why the PC wouldnt want him near their Str 2 Catchers!! ;-)

Reason: ''
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

Yep I actually like it too.

the matchmanker is great for finding a game without hours of cherrypicking / being picked.

full list of stars would be good

Word to Your Mother.
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Can i be more contraversial and say ban the french :wink:, suffered a few results of late where opponet has disconnected when things have gone agains them only for the result to go down as 0-0 and mutual disconnection, all opponent have been from across the channel.

One thing i find really frustrating is using matchmaker to play game with gobbo's or halfling as your obvioulsy being matched against people with similar tv so dont get any inducements to buy a chef or bribes which are kind off essential for their use. Having said that my gobbos still have an embarrsingly good record.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

I'd also fix the extra bounce on weather (should only happen if result is Nice, but also incorrectly happens on Very Sunny, etc)

Oh, and I have "ask me" on for wrestle, but am getting narked at it asking me when results are things like Pow and Push. Should only ask me if the result selected is Both Down! :-S

Basic summary: decent overall, but could be glorious with some minor and quick changes :-)

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

I starting to get annoyed that it doesn't show me all my block dice results, sometimes it just says 'select push destination' so I assume I got a double push so why when I get any other double no-reroll does it show me? The amount of times it feels like its just teasing me making me pick that skull out of the double *graaaghhh*

I also think the game goes out its way to mock me. Gutter runner 2+ dodge ->fail->reroll->fail-> turn over. Then the game dodges with its mummy (no its just a normal mummy no +AG or breack tackle) and makes a pick up.
Same thing has happened with saurus. The mummy dodge has happened a couple times.
I also receive dodging penaltys from stuntys, which is annoying because the halflings keep moving in a 6 man cage and with no tackle they just bounce about. They dont score they just bounce.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Podfre.y wrote:I'd also fix the extra bounce on weather (should only happen if result is Nice, but also incorrectly happens on Very Sunny, etc)

Oh, and I have "ask me" on for wrestle, but am getting narked at it asking me when results are things like Pow and Push. Should only ask me if the result selected is Both Down! :-S

Basic summary: decent overall, but could be glorious with some minor and quick changes :-)
Geoff sums up my thoughts.

What would I fix:
The Kick-off bug
The Preset defense bug
Get in CDs and the 3 new teams (which the GW rep already posted they were open to allowing for an expansion)
Get in the missing Star Players (or at a minimum get in all the Star Players costing 200k or less)
Change the AI to always try to score a TD if one is possible and it is their turn 8 of a half and I don't have a turn left.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Change the AI to always try to score a TD if one is possible and it is their turn 8 of a half and I don't have a turn left.

Tom
I agree with everything you have said but the end bit especially, its so irritating that the game doesn't act like a human player in that respect.
I have seen so many touchdowns only a pass or a handoff away but they almost always run back into there own half and cage up.
If that was a human player you would have to check their medication.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I still have the "old" version, but am looking forward (or, were...?) to get the LE.
However all these comments put me off a bit.

Do or dont ? I get a bit tired of not being able to play the teams I want (necros or undead for example, or high elves, norse, ...). Except of course CDs. :-?

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Looking around you can get it for as low as £10, which is worth it. Wouldn't spend more than £20 on it.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

One thing I discovered this morning...allow you to alter a skill choice before you play another game.

I played with my Ogres against Halflings in Campaign mode (wiped the Iron Chefs off the pitch. Sorry Tom ;) ) and got skills on four of my Ogres...got them mixed up and gave my +Ag, BT, Sure Hands Ogre Guard by mistake. I wish I could change that to Juggernaut.
Ah well. Only one of my other Ogres doesn't have Guard, and he's getting it next skill. Having a team of 6 Ogres with BT and Guard isn't a bad thing.

Not tried matchmaking yet, because I hate people.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Podfrey wrote:I'd also fix the extra bounce on weather (should only happen if result is Nice, but also incorrectly happens on Very Sunny, etc)
???? That should have been fixed in the latest patch (2.0.1.0 or something...) - it seems to e fixed on mine after the update at least. ????

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Darkson wrote:[quote=""Bum Monkey""]I'd also fix the extra bounce on weather (should only happen if result is Nice, but also incorrectly happens on Very Sunny, etc)
???? That should have been fixed in the latest patch (2.0.1.0 or something...) - it seems to e fixed on mine after the update at least. ????[/quote]

Not a mistake. The rules say changing weather = extra bounce, nowhere does it say ONLY if the weather don't change. This surprised me too when it was pointed out.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

Heff wrote:
Darkson wrote:[quote=""Bum Monkey""]I'd also fix the extra bounce on weather (should only happen if result is Nice, but also incorrectly happens on Very Sunny, etc)
???? That should have been fixed in the latest patch (2.0.1.0 or something...) - it seems to e fixed on mine after the update at least. ????
Not a mistake. The rules say changing weather = extra bounce, nowhere does it say ONLY if the weather don't change. This surprised me too when it was pointed out.[/quote]
In my rulebook the extra bounce only happens when changing to / staying nice.
CRP page 19 (Kick-off table) wrote:Changing Weather: Make a new roll on the
Weather table (see page 20). Apply the new
Weather roll. If the new Weather roll was a ‘Nice’
result, then a gentle gust of wind makes the ball
scatter one extra square in a random direction
before landing.

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Ah so the guy who pointed out I was wrong was wrong.
See what I did there?
But if it changes to, or stays nice then it bounces?

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

If you go from anything to nice you get an extra bounce.