What would you change about legendary edition?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Re: What would you change about legendary edition?

Post by Greyhound »

I'd want the game to work, and not crash.

Kick to be optional

No bug.

Nothing else.

Reason: ''
Coach
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach »

WhatBall wrote:Sounds like a lot of work to be able to sort of play the game. :wink:
If you call saving a roster off a website and putting in an ip address into the game client a lot of work then yes. Note this is how fumbbl used to work...

Getting the grid up requires pressing "G" once, again I think that is within the remit of effort from most players.

I believe funnyfingers is working on automating more of it as well.

Regarding the star player situation, GW tied their hands of officially using proxy models for the missing stars, though there is nothing stopping the fans doing it themselves.

Krulfang
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Krulfang »

Greyhound wrote: Kick to be optional.
Go to settings. You can make it optional if you go to the skill settings section (not remembering the exact name of it, you'll find it if you look around!). For that matter, that's how you also make things like piling on/grab optional as well.

Also, with how crazy mod communities have been in the past with other games, I'm surprised there isn't more hubbub of fans adding in the unofficial-official three teams.

Keepin' it Green.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Kick isn't selectable as optional ,same with a couple of other skills (Break Tackle for one).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Krulfang
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Krulfang »

Really? Huh. I never noticed that. I guess I always use it! :P

Keepin' it Green.
Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

I'd make Legendary Edition something I owned now, rather than waiting til December 25th for ;)

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

I wish I could fix the dice roller 12 failed 3+ dodges in a row, almost lost to frackin flings >:(

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Think I found a bug.
Wouldn't let me bring an eleventh player on to the pitch when I used a preset formation but was down to ten and one reserve (playing Norse against Nurgle).
Player 11 was dropped right at the back of my half when I hit "accept".

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Thadrin wrote:Think I found a bug.
Wouldn't let me bring an eleventh player on to the pitch when I used a preset formation but was down to ten and one reserve (playing Norse against Nurgle).
Player 11 was dropped right at the back of my half when I hit "accept".
That's a common and really annoying issue.

It is worse if you use your own presets and I'm told that sometimes using some of their (mostly awful) formations will fix it.

Is a huge pain as setting up takes forever as you can only swap players and can't put more than 2 in the sidelines even temporarily so have to swap them over.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Thadrin wrote:Think I found a bug.
You have - congratulations, and expect your prize in the post.
Known about since the LE beta unfortunately.

Quick fix is just don't use any presets (game set or user), but people have reported having the problem without ever using presets (I must say that I've never used them, and have bnever had this problem).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I only use my own presets, because I get tired of hunting down the players I need in each position ("Where's my St+ Blitzer? why is my kicker on the line?" etc).

Also really annoying how it will for some reason leave my best players on the sideline and thinks I want to use unskilled linemen in their place...two or three substitutions pre every drive, what fun.

Cyanide really are a bunch of clowns...at least it's still basicly BB. I'm even quite enjoying the story mode so far...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

First off: Chaos Dwarves!!! I don't care if the bull centaurs become miniature cows with Japanese hats.

Second: I want apoths to work properly, in the current version I only get one go at healing an injury, even if I've maxed out on wandering Apoths. I think I noticed the same on bribes, but that might have been the previous version.

Nuffle Sucks!
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Duke Jan wrote:First off: Chaos Dwarves!!! I don't care if the bull centaurs become miniature cows with Japanese hats.

Second: I want apoths to work properly, in the current version I only get one go at healing an injury, even if I've maxed out on wandering Apoths. I think I noticed the same on bribes, but that might have been the previous version.
I don't care if bull centaurs look like magical pixies as long as they work the same!

Though I havnt had the same bribe/apothecary problem. Though my apothecary does seem to have his head in the clouds because he only seems to cause more deaths.
'....the red things connected to my wrist watch uh oh'

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'd like them to make the messages that you get when you can't connect bloody useful - the generic "port error" message is bollox, especially when you know the f'ing port is open. :evil:

And I think Jan means that if you (on-roster) Apo fails to heal, the wandering doesn't get a go (which is correct).

Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pagan »

Switch back to the old system of players being in the endzone if they are not selected for a drive. Never had a problem getting 11 players on the field with that system. This new one screws up every time.

Fix the ball scattering two times on every kickoff. Thought the last patch notes said they fixed it but now it's still happening on over half the kickoffs.

Found a new bug(for me) yesterday that helped contribute to me losing a game in the second half. Orcs score 1-0 on turn 7 and kick to me. One of my Secret Weapons was KO, so I Bribe to keep him in the game and he recovers, and the Bombardier who was also on the field is tossed from the game. The Bribe works to I get to keep the chainsaw and I have two Secret Weapons left and 1 more Bribe, so I should be able to start the second half with both on the field if I sit one of them for the last two turns.

Game then forced me to have 12 guys on the field including both Secret Weapons. Couldn't get any of them off the field since the wonderful menu system on the right was empty.(Downed goblin due to Blitz on Kick Off)

http://www.obtenebration.org/stuff/goblins.jpg