Patching Steam version of LE without waiting

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

CopiousDude
Experienced
Experienced

Patching Steam version of LE without waiting

Post by CopiousDude »

Just to let you guys know, it's very easy to patch the Steam version using the Cyanide patch. No need to wait for Steam to update. It's a little late now I think, but this method may come in handy for the next patch. I know I can't be the only one who thinks it's dumb to wait a day or three to be able to play online again.

All credit goes to Terry (tlsjr117) for figuring this out. This is a direct copy paste of his instructions from the OFL forums.
Ok The update patch defaults its output to the file locations that Cynide has set up for blood bowl

location some thing like this

C:\Program Files\Cyanide\Blood Bowl Legendary Edition

But Steam creates another copy of the file here

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\blood bowl legendary edition

the trick is to run the update. this will create the folder and files in the first path above. once the patch is complete just browse out to the location copy all the file ( no folders just files) and then browse to the steam location for the game copy the files in.

when propted just replace any files with the new ones.

Waaa LAA good to go.
The terrible thing about this is that the people at Cyanide were either too stupid or too lazy to mention that there was a way to patch your Steam version manually so you could actually play the game you paid for.

I'd suggest backing up your Legendary Edition folder just in case something weird happens when Steam releases their patch, but Terry and I both used this fix on our versions last night with no problem.

Reason: ''