When you cant get a run of luck on easy mode you have probs

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

When you cant get a run of luck on easy mode you have probs

Post by Oly1987 »

just playing BB on the xbox and using my humans in campaign. Ive got the TV to 2360 and just started another cup and played woodelves who in spite of having 1mil for inducements i shouldve beat. I managed to make 1 pass out of 6 (rerolls on every one of them failed except the last one) and ended up losing 3-1. Next game is against chaos and i was kicking. my turn and the dice in 2 blocks go: Double Skull, Double skull (Defender Down, Defender Down RR) with my first player, second player Double Skull, Double Skull...... seriously -_-

oh and if the title didnt hint this is local games against CPU

Reason: ''
4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
Krulfang
Experienced
Experienced

Re: When you cant get a run of luck on easy mode you have pr

Post by Krulfang »

Well, you're always going to have that game. You are also playing a tough team to master, and 6 passes in one game is extreme in any circumstance! Against wood elves I'd recommend you run a bit more against agility based teams.

However, I BBLE medium is widely considered the best difficulty to play. Not much difference in actual difficulty, but it's slightly more like playing against a human, at least on average.

Keepin' it Green.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Re: When you cant get a run of luck on easy mode you have pr

Post by Thadrin »

Sometimes Wood elves just Win.
I recently suffered my first loss to the AI against them.
The computer teams are more sensibly constructed (the team that beat me had either blodge or wrodge on nearly every player...and I was playing Ogres.) and the AI is better, though still very predictable for the most part.
One thing I've noticed is that opposing teams are usually just given skills and the appropriate SPPs on all players, where in the old game you saw teams develop alongside yours, so you grew to hate certain players just like in a real league. It was very satisfying killing a certain ST4 blitzer once.
At least I'm not giving up a million In inducements now and seeing stars every game, but tge AI teams lack personality.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.