Skaven progresion questions and some annoying bugs. (BBLE)

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Skaven progresion questions and some annoying bugs. (BBLE)

Post by inkpwn »

Right, I need some help with my skaven team, I have played about about 26 games of skaven and about 6 with this team and I am still not sure what to do progression wise. But before we get onto my team I want to bring up some infuriating bugs I have found.
1. I am still receiving additional dodge penaltys from stuntys.
2. My apothecary just doesn't work, recent example: gutter runner suffered a smashed ankle, apothecary, badly hurt. But when I go to my team roster the injury is still there!

Apart from that I have been fairly succesfull with this team (the previous teams were on easy to get the hang of them , takes me a while to get to grips with anything).

Three blind dice:

1.gutter runner 27 s.p.p +block +sure hands
2.gutter runner 14 s.p.p +big hand
3.gutter runner 14 s.p.p + two heads -MV
4.gutter runner 08 s.p.p +wrestle
6.storm vermin 11 s.p.p +guard
7.thrower. 20 s.p.p +AG +MV
8.thrower. 04 s.p.p
9.linerat. 10 s.p.p +wrestle
10.linerat. 10 s.p.p +wrestle
5.storm vermin. 13 s.p.p +AG
12.rat ogre. 05 s.p.p- (yea I know, I hate him. Mostly spends time warming the bench with his chunky butt)

I have 3 re-roll and an apothecary as well + 160,000 in the bank.

Any ideas this is the first time I have tried skaven seriously and I'm a little at a loss.

Reason: ''
CopiousDude
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Skaven progresion questions and some annoying bugs. (BBL

Post by CopiousDude »

I had the same problem with the apothecary until one day I realized that you have to actually select which injury result you want. There is a little circle to the left of each option, and you need to select one or it goes with the original injury.

I'd probably fire the -MV Gutter Runner, even though he got a mutation. Gutter Runners are all about speed, and he's a liability at MV8.

The thrower shouldn't have taken the +MV, and should have taken Accurate or Safe Throw instead. If it was a double five, Strong Arm. The +AG is a godsend for a Skaven Thrower, and you are kind of wasting it with the +MV. Accurate would have been the same as being able to move 2 or 3 more squares, and cost you less TV. As a general rule, +MV is really only something that goes on Gutter Runners and maybe Storm Vermin.

The +AG Storm Vermin can go a few different ways depending on his next roll. The +AG makes him very mobile, and pairs well with Strip Ball or Tackle to make him a ball hunter. You could also go with Leap or Dodge on a double to make it easier to get to the ball. (I'd say Dodge because it will come in handy more often)

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Thanks for the apothecary advise :)

*scratches head* I kinda like my +MV thrower. He's acting as a back up runner when the others get tied up he's been very usefull, and that additional square has really helped him escape the tackle zones to get that penalty off the throw, but I do see what you mean. Probably train the other into a throw-bot. But we will see how it goes, if this run continues I may train the thrower into a all purpose runner/thrower/blitzer, but he's probably going to die, 2+ skills means he's going to be nuffled to death.
I will fire that gutter runner (which is a pain because he should be fine).

I will also go the ball hunter root you suggested for the storm vermin, that was also the I was going to go down with the wrestle gutter runner.

Oh and were the designers just lazy with the skaven? Because they all have the same crane kick touchdown animation and big hand just looks like he's wearing a glue coloured glove.

CopiousDude
Experienced
Experienced

Post by CopiousDude »

Well, you can keep the gutter runner if you want to. I'm just a big believer in firing any injuries that take away from what a player is supposed to do, and gutter runners are supposed to be the fastest base player in the game. If you don't have enough gold to replace him, then don't worry about it till you do. However, if he gets a level and a +MV or +ST, you're gonna be kicking yourself.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Yup nuffled to death....by a dwarf lineman.

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

inkpwn wrote:Right, I need some help with my skaven team, I have played about about 26 games of skaven and about 6 with this team and I am still not sure what to do progression wise. But before we get onto my team I want to bring up some infuriating bugs I have found.
1. I am still receiving additional dodge penaltys from stuntys.
You get additional dodge penalties for stunty. It is the titchy skill of snotlings that do not give additional dodge penalties.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Really :oops: well don't I feel like a goose. My halfling team could have been way more effective.

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

For what it's worth I found my Skaven to be most successful using the following roster

Gutter 1 - Ball Hawk - Wrestle,Dauntless,Tackle,Strip Ball
Gutter 2 - Ball Hawk - Wrestle,Dauntless,Strip Ball,Tackle
Gutter 3 - General Pest - Block, Side Step, DT
Gutter 4 - General Pest - Block, Side Step, Tackle, Shadowing

SV 1 - Assist Piece - Guard (then he'll die)
SV 2 - Assist Piece - Guard (then he'll die)

Rat Ogre - Crowd Pusher Extraordinaire - Juggernaught, Standfirm

Line Rat 1 - MVP - Kick
Line Rat 2 - 1 step up from cannon fodder - Wrestle
Line Rat 3 - 1 step up from cannon fodder - Wrestle
Line Rat 4 - cannon fodder - No skills
Line Rat 5 - cannon fodder - No skills
Line Rat 6 - cannon fodder - No skills

I don't much like Skaven throwers, preferring to use on of my pest Gutter runners to carry the ball.
If your league is bashy, skip the Rat Ogre and pick up a spare line rat. If your league is agile, the Rat Ogre is a wonderful addition.

Your apothecary is there to protect your gutters, and your gutters only. And I can't stress enough that kick on your first line rat to skill up will be the best skill pick you take.