Fumbbl's blackbox division moved to the newest rules

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Fumbbl's blackbox division moved to the newest rules

Post by stashman »

Carnis (its me Jonny73 on fumbbl) what skills aren't working on the new blackbox?

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Can you play Slann (ie did you make it the BBRC LRB 6.0 rules?)

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Can you play Slann (ie did you make it the BBRC LRB 6.0 rules?)

Tom
garion wrote:Also all the races are included. Even Chaos Dwarves, Pact, Slann and Underworld

Ullis

Post by Ullis »

Matt, please tell us your nick over on Fumbbl. Or at least PM it to me! I couldn't find you or maybe the account just hasn't been activated yet. And since I'm asking myself mine's Ullakkomorko.

The RNG over on Fumbbl is set up so that Slann leaps always fail and they always get matched against dwarves. :pissed:

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

Ullis wrote:The RNG over on Fumbbl is set up so that Slann leaps always fail and they always get matched against dwarves. :lol:
Fixed... :wink:

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

stashman wrote:Carnis (its me Jonny73 on fumbbl) what skills aren't working on the new blackbox?
Version 0.6.1 Release notes wrote:Skills still missing: (5 of 75 total)

- BALL AND CHAIN
- BOMBARDIER
- FAN FAVOURITE
- HAIL MARY PASS
- PASS BLOCK
No Wizards or cards yet either. I imagine we can't be far away from the skills or the Wizard, but the cards I expect would be a nightmare if they decided to do them. I guess there is no issue with the skills really unless you like Goblins (and if they aren't your bag, you won't miss any of those), and the box schedules currently within 15% TV of the lower rated team, so 150 of inducements are pretty rare to want a Wizard. Again, I imagine by the time the client is rolled out over [R], it'll be there.

Oddly, they don't mention the Slann thing. ;)

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Can you play Slann (ie did you make it the BBRC LRB 6.0 rules?)

Tom
Slann are in Galak, with the other two new teams. I am currently trying to finish off SnakeSanders' (I think he is someone else here?) Slann icons right now so we have a nice shiny new set for the client.

I have also been asked to make icons for Lightning Bolt and Fireball, no idea what that means though...

The new version of FFB (0.7.0) seems to be working very well, and most of the game-breaking bugs are gone. On occasion there are still a few freezes, but usually quiting and rejoining will fix the issue.

For small screen users whose chat input box gets cut off at the bottom, you can click in the area where the conversation appears and hit TAB to select the input box. That way you can at least communicate in game with your opponent.

Looking forward to meeting some off you on the pitch!

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

One other cool feature is annotations. You can add 'virtual Skill rings' to players and the field if you want. Check out PGoo's Blog for details:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog ... ts&id=8811

Great for easily identifying players with skills and keeping track of who to lay the boot too.

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Aliboon wrote:Does the Fummbl client work on Apples, or is it PC only?
Should work just fine, as long as you have Java installed. Enjoy.

Overhamsteren
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Overhamsteren »

Can I play a Stand Alone(hotseat) game with the blackbox interface and rules?

there is Nuffle, always in my lawn
peering through my keyhole
wanting to touch my low hanging fruit
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Overhamsteren wrote:Can I play a Stand Alone(hotseat) game with the blackbox interface and rules?
Not with the Box, it is a scheduler.

The FFB beta division, though the teams may be frozen at some point, allows you to play in hotseat mode, though these results won't be uploaded. You need to start the game name with test: for this to work. It will have two windows up instead of 1 though which is a bit odd for playing yourself, but not unmanageable.

All the release notes are here, including on running test mode:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphp ... ic&t=17982

Flix
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Flix »

The FFB Blackbox release is incredible cool, anyone who loves Blood Bowl shall have tryed that.

[url=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1859]German Online Blood Bowl League[/url]

(Matchseeding round 1 Bembelbowl) at table 17: Flix - Planlos (planless)... hereupon Culle: we know
Ullis

Post by Ullis »

And they've fixed the Random number generator too. My slann got matched against dwarves again but this time leaping worked!

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Just a quick FYI. FUMBBL's Ranked division has now moved to the new rules. In Ranked you can choose your opponent, instead of having the scheduler do it in the Box. The Academy division should not be far behind.

Then hopefully Leagues will move over soon.

See you on the pitch. :D

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Ullis wrote:Matt, please tell us your nick over on Fumbbl. Or at least PM it to me! I couldn't find you or maybe the account just hasn't been activated yet. And since I'm asking myself mine's Ullakkomorko.
JackassRampant. Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.