Week 1 TFF League fixture thread

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Glowworm

Re: Week 1 TFF League fixture thread

Post by Glowworm »

Hudson wrote:Glow, out tonight. Will be around tomorrow and sat night.

Can do 1900 on 28th

or

1900 on 29th

Pm me or text (you have my mobile number i assume, i have yours)

Reason: ''
VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Dihenydd wrote:Its a city of great people and potential, most of it unrealized as yet. Youngest city by population in Canada, Muslim Mayor, Big Oil money, and plenty of partying hard. The more elegant sides are still.... in development shall we say. For that, you want Montreal or Vancouver. If you want outdoors fun, (mountains etc) its a not bad base to explore.
Just a pet peeve - Nenshi being muslim wasn't even brought up until after he was elected, and was brought up by his detractors and by the central/eastern canadian media (globe and mail) - you know, the part of the country that likes to refer to Alberta as cows and rednecks. He was elected because his supporters mobilized the younger (read: under 40, more or less) demographic that so often doesn't bother to vote - nenshi himself is in that demographic.

As far as I'm aware, he's muslin in the same way I'm catholic - he was raised in a muslim family, but is not a practicing anything - and yet calgarians have taken to patting themselves on the back for being progressive when doing so occurred without being aware of that fact when it "mattered".

Having lived in Montreal in the past, I'd probably advise against tourism there, or anywhere in Quebec, unless you're willing to deal with the french. The quebecois french are not nearly as polite and helpful as the french in France ;)

Dihenydd
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Dihenydd »

VoodooMike wrote:
Dihenydd wrote:Its a city of great people and potential, most of it unrealized as yet. Youngest city by population in Canada, Muslim Mayor, Big Oil money, and plenty of partying hard. The more elegant sides are still.... in development shall we say. For that, you want Montreal or Vancouver. If you want outdoors fun, (mountains etc) its a not bad base to explore.
Just a pet peeve - Nenshi being muslim wasn't even brought up until after he was elected, and was brought up by his detractors and by the central/eastern canadian media (globe and mail) - you know, the part of the country that likes to refer to Alberta as cows and rednecks. He was elected because his supporters mobilized the younger (read: under 40, more or less) demographic that so often doesn't bother to vote - nenshi himself is in that demographic.

As far as I'm aware, he's muslin in the same way I'm catholic - he was raised in a muslim family, but is not a practicing anything - and yet calgarians have taken to patting themselves on the back for being progressive when doing so occurred without being aware of that fact when it "mattered".

Having lived in Montreal in the past, I'd probably advise against tourism there, or anywhere in Quebec, unless you're willing to deal with the french. The quebecois french are not nearly as polite and helpful as the french in France ;)

Probably off topic, but my wife and I were aware of his Muslim background. We voted more for his work in the Not-for-profit as well as his vision of determining consensus and "Politics in Full Sentences". Everyone I met who cared about the election knew his muslim roots, however it wasn't an issue for or against, it was his platform and approach we discussed.

So I think it does say a bit, I believe most knew, but didn't care about his religion. THAT I think speaks lots towards the attitude of many in the city. The fact it wasn't an issue one way or another for a lot of people.

My Mother is from Pointe Claire, and I've visited many times. Can't say I've ever had a bad experience and I'm as Anglo as it comes. I've met hundreds of very nice very friendly people in Montreal and Q.city. Plus there's 1000x more to do and see, hence my recommendation.

On topic. Good luck in first round. Room is reserved in the bottom of the pool for those who want to join me! I'm not hopeful of doing well in this league!

A victory is twice won when the general brings home full numbers.

Much ado About Nothing.
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

When's good for you Gerrard?

Word to Your Mother.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Public apology to Hudson for the cheesy play, pouring rain didnt help him any either.

1 Cas (BH)
7 K.O's against me

I think i managed 1 K.O.

mate you did everything you could, I had some lucky 1 dice blocks and thats what made the difference!!

Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

glowworm wrote:Public apology to Hudson for the cheesy play, pouring rain didnt help him any either.

1 Cas (BH)
7 K.O's against me

I think i managed 1 K.O.

mate you did everything you could, I had some lucky 1 dice blocks and thats what made the difference!!
Dont forget that long pass ( i think it was) from a tackle zone to a tackle zone.

Good game.

Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 09 with 24
Most Casualties @ PK&Q 09 with 21
Most Casualties @ GT 09 with 28
Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 11 with 28
Most Casualties @ ARRBL 13 with 30
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Hudson wrote: Dont forget that long pass ( i think it was) from a tackle zone to a tackle zone.

Good game.
like i said......Cheese.

However, I will happily throw out to an Elf in 1 Tz, its still only a 3 to catch which is as good as it gets for Humans / Orcs ect, i see to many elf coaches not bother if its worse than a 2+. just because you can do things on a 2 doesnt mean if its -1 dont bother, dont know the maths but 3+ with a R/R is pretty much do-able.

Thats my entire game plan given away, anywho think Ive got nurgle next so no passing!!

Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

I guess you can't update your team until all games have been resolved.

BTW..my dwarves choked against Firebreather's Skaven...I couldn't hold on to a 2-0 halftime lead and ended up with a 2-2 tie. had 4 turns to score against 6 skaven (I did only have 8 dwarves)..and couldn't do it...(made a mistake and did not mark his prone rat ogre..who knocked down my only guy that could have scored).

-Xeterog
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Xeterog wrote:I guess you can't update your team until all games have been resolved.

BTW..my dwarves choked against Firebreather's Skaven...I couldn't hold on to a 2-0 halftime lead and ended up with a 2-2 tie. had 4 turns to score against 6 skaven (I did only have 8 dwarves)..and couldn't do it...(made a mistake and did not mark his prone rat ogre..who knocked down my only guy that could have scored).
yes your right about the team updates, was an odd game thought it was all over at half time, then i got lucky injuring 2 longbeards in 2 blocks, plus a g.runner surviving a nos of hits to keep hold of the ball for the equaliser, to be honest you were robbed.
on a sidenote i've now got a ST 1 gutter runner :lol:

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Week 1 is now complete so teams can be updated, ill open another thread for the week 2 fixture this evening

Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

stick_with_poo_on_the_end wrote:When's good for you Gerrard?
Hell, I didn't even see this thread! :oops: Anyway, we got there in the end, with only a broken Jawed Flesh Golem to show for my trouble too.

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

wow..1 win, 1 loss and 8 draws...pretty evenly matched 1st round..:)

-Xeterog