Online dwarf coaches!!! Pfff

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Online dwarf coaches!!! Pfff

Post by Darkson »

Gerard wrote:What's the point of that? Does it not at least make it less likely to meet them in MM?
Not much, and no.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Played On-line for the first time today....x2 Norse, Amazon, Dwarf and Wood elf.......most said I needed to keep under 700TV with Halflings...........when I told them that was shameful and not in the spirit of the game.....they stopped chatting.....shame really when a beat up their Norse team with 1070 Tv Flings :orc:
You can definately tell PC gamers from real world BB players on there :wink: ....anyway, first day on.....back later....more morons to find!... :smoking:

"In Dodge We Trust"
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Pug wrote:Played On-line for the first time today....x2 Norse, Amazon, Dwarf and Wood elf.......most said I needed to keep under 700TV with Halflings...........when I told them that was shameful and not in the spirit of the game.....they stopped chatting.....shame really when a beat up their Norse team with 1070 Tv Flings :orc:
You can definately tell PC gamers from real world BB players on there :wink: ....anyway, first day on.....back later....more morons to find!... :smoking:
If they complain about claw..they are online players

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Mango
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mango »

Gerard wrote:What's the point of that? Does it not at least make it less likely to meet them in MM?

if blacklisting someone made it les likely to meet them an unscupulous person could blacklist all the good players and make his games potentially easier :)

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Mango wrote:

if blacklisting someone made it les likely to meet them an unscupulous person could blacklist all the good players and make his games potentially easier :)
Which is fine by me. I hate playing tossers and make it a point of pride to finish all my games.

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Heff wrote:Which is fine by me. I hate playing tossers and make it a point of pride to finish all my games.
But the players that play properly aren't the problem with the Black List, it's the tossers that will use any and all exploits to raise in the rankings, such as zzzpinkzzz. They could just blacklist people such as RandomOracle and play games against the n00bs (for example).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Who is zzzpinkzzz and what do they do to abuse the system?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Let's not go into that here - if you really want t know, there's plenty of threads about him on the English part of the Cyanide forum.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

This is the reason I avoid online play like the plague unless it's a private league.

Incidentally: Was the OTS a specificly skilled up player with Sprint, +MA etc or did you need to do chain pushes? The former is dirty, the latter is skill and he should damn well know well enough to defend against the possibility. It's not hard to do.

Come to think of it, it's an excellent reason for a Dwarf player to take a couple of Blockers with Stand Firm instead of going 100% killer (which is pretty damned boring anyway...and this is me, the arch Dwarf fanatic. I'd like to think I don't play them that way, though it's been a fair while since I broke them out now...Pearlies two years ago iirc.)

Surfing a MB/Claw guy and going after SPP are always fine. Don't let anyone say otherwise. Random fouling out of spite is just petty.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

Thadrin wrote:Random fouling out of spite is just tactical.
Fixed for you. ;)

- Piousman
P.S. yes, I know how you really feel about fouling...

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

Thadrin wrote:This is the reason I avoid online play like the plague unless it's a private league.

Incidentally: Was the OTS a specificly skilled up player with Sprint, +MA etc or did you need to do chain pushes? The former is dirty, the latter is skill and he should damn well know well enough to defend against the possibility. It's not hard to do.

Come to think of it, it's an excellent reason for a Dwarf player to take a couple of Blockers with Stand Firm instead of going 100% killer (which is pretty damned boring anyway...and this is me, the arch Dwarf fanatic. I'd like to think I don't play them that way, though it's been a fair while since I broke them out now...Pearlies two years ago iirc.)

Surfing a MB/Claw guy and going after SPP are always fine. Don't let anyone say otherwise. Random fouling out of spite is just petty.
The OTS. It was a pro elf blitzer with a +MA. I had to push him twice (I think) to go forward.

Giving the stand firm. That are tactics that are way too high for the average online dwarf coach. They only see MB and guard en nothing beyond. When you use elf tactics you play dirty but they hit every turn with MB on armour 7 and everything is fine. When they have only 11 players (like 70% of the online coach to get team value down) and you hit one casualty then you are EXTREMELY lucky and you get a rant.

This is why I like the online private league between table top players I have organised in Belgium. They know what Bloodbowl is and can appriciate good play.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

yes many ol players are numpties who are there for me to practice on. Even if they beat me