Online dwarf coaches!!! Pfff

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Online dwarf coaches!!! Pfff

Post by Magictobe »

Just played two games with pro elves against two different dwarves coaches.

The first game.
Opponent has lots of MB and guard. Second half. Score is 1 - 1 and he is complaining that all armour breaks are KO's. He was hoping for more SPP's. Nuffle punished him. Turn 15 I hit his blodge ball carrier down with one dice and no RR. Last turn his AG4 runner fails to pick up the ball.

Second game.
All things start friendly till I score a one turner in turn 8. He calls it dirty, foul tactics. I explain him that I think that a one-turner is a thing of beauty. In turn 16, he has one runner in scoring position. I hit him down and get called unsporstmen and user of bad tactics. He disconnect and reconnect just to put the disconnection clock back to 5 min. What a bad loser.

So, what is your oppinion?

One-turner : A thing of beauty or unsportmen tactics?

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Online dwarf coaches!!! Pfff

Post by inkpwn »

The guy sounds like a jerk. Disconnecting is a cowards tactic.
All power to you magictobe.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Agreed. Was this in Nagg?

Insane_Prophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Insane_Prophet »

Magictobe wrote:He disconnect and reconnect just to put the disconnection clock back to 5 min. What a bad loser.
Unacceptable. Obviously. You can't call someone unsporting over something disputable, and then do something so obviously unacceptable.

As for one turn scoring - it's possible and legal under the rules. The LRB process meant there were plenty of popularities to make it impossible, that didn't happen, so it's obviously part of the game.

A good player knows when his opponent can score a 1 turner and tries to stop him. If he didn't like it (for his own reasons) he's free to never play with you again, but he should accept it and see the game through. You didn't cheat, exploit a bug, or abuse the spirit of the rules. No did you damage his team in any way (like a turn 16 foul might), so really, what does he have to complain about?

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

We're obviously only getting your side of events but it sounds like you didnt do anything wrong.

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

He's right. Very bad sportsmanship on your part! Horrible Man!!

Word to Your Mother.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Magictobe wrote:So, what is your oppinion?

One-turner : A thing of beauty or unsportmen tactics?
when you do it... thing of beauty

when your opponent does it......Actually still a thing of beauty

As Nazgob wouls say, he needs to "man up" Sounds like he was outplayed and needs to blame someone

I'd compliment anyone who managed to one turn (without throw team mate) against me !!

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

purdindas wrote:We're obviously only getting your side of events but it sounds like you didnt do anything wrong.
Well, I was really surprised by his reaction. Everything was OK till I scored that one turner. It was my first one turner online so I thought he would compliment me but no, I received a rant that this was dirty tactics.

My reaction was "When I may not one-turn (the tactics of an elf team) , you may not use mighty blow or guard (tactics of a dwarf coach).

When I knocked down his only player in scoring position, I received another rant. I asked him "What do I need to do? Dodge away and let you score?" Then he disconnected.

One thing what was important. He played with 11 dwarves. With 200k banked. So he kept his teamvalue down with a lot of skills on field. When I hit one of his dwarves down, cas and his apo failed, He was soooooo dissapointed. That is the risk of playing with 11 players.

Dwarf coaches. They expect everything to go well and when something goes wrong, you will have heard it.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Magictobe wrote:Some online coaches. They expect everything to go well and when something goes wrong, you will have heard it.
Corrected for you. Although I'm not a fan of the dwarf team, I've found this is an issue with other races as well. I've also played dwarf coaches that play the game as intended.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

Darkson wrote:
Magictobe wrote:Some online coaches. They expect everything to go well and when something goes wrong, you will have heard it.
Corrected for you. Although I'm not a fan of the dwarf team, I've found this is an issue with other races as well. I've also played dwarf coaches that play the game as intended.
The reason why I reacted was because I had two dwarf coaches in a row that reacted this way. But I stand corrected!! :wink:

Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

When i first read this i thought, wow i've never played anyone like that. Had people quit on me but never go on a rant.
Till now. My dwarfs v a rotter team with a higher TV, just enough to get me a babe. I might of been out of line.
After being on the end of almost a foul a turn, mainly against my slayers. (He did have 1 sent off but carried on), 1 cas caused by me blocking and a
0-0 1st half. i get the ball off him, make a break and hurt (not kill) 1 more of his team through a block, i surf his star pestigor, (block, claw, mighty blow ) and then do a random block for the hope of a cas for some extra spp's. He has moan, says i shouldnt block players who are not a threat to me scoring and then quits.

I was stunned, partly by the moan but by the hipocrisy of it. After fouling my stunned slayer 3 turns in a row i couldnt belive his nerve.

Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 09 with 24
Most Casualties @ PK&Q 09 with 21
Most Casualties @ GT 09 with 28
Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 11 with 28
Most Casualties @ ARRBL 13 with 30
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Rather be on the end of a one turner than a guy who has total control of the game and has injured 4 of my 12 players and then stalls out for 6 turns when already 1-0 up just so I have no chance to score at all. THAT is unsporting. particularly as he was a pointless foul merchant. That was chaos (me) v delves.

That being said I (Particularly) hate dwarves who are optimised to kill not win. You did nothing wrong your opponents were clueless losers, do what I do and blacklist em.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

Heff wrote:That being said I (Particularly) hate dwarves who are optimised to kill not win. You did nothing wrong your opponents were clueless losers, do what I do and blacklist em.
About the blacklisting. I have heard that it only stops you from reading their rant on the chat, it does not stop you from getting match ups against them.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Correct

Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

What's the point of that? Does it not at least make it less likely to meet them in MM?

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton