Glitch in Blood Bowl DE Cyanide

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

wikiro
Rookie
Rookie

Glitch in Blood Bowl DE Cyanide

Post by wikiro »

I was playing as humans and I got this beautiful set up. I had just blitzed the ball into my throwers hands, off an Orc and then ran to an open lineman handed him the ball and sent him down the open right side with no one in touching distance. Since he has the ball I was sending a catcher to guard him just in case a black orc wanted to try his final go for it.

I click Next Turn

MOTHER OF PEARL MY THROWER STILL HAS THE BALL AND HES SURROUNDED BY ORCS!!!!!!!!!

WHY CYANIDE WHY?!!!!!

I manage a dodge and throw for the final touchdown, but why did my lineman have the ball one round then in the next my thrower? Or does the glow mean hes happy to be playing?!

To be clearer my lineman was glowing and when I did the hand off the ref said something like "...and there is the pass off". I ran him down the side. Clicked next turn. Now my thrower has the ball for the next round for some reason.

Anyone else encounter this?

-wikiro
Anger is one of the most reliable things in life.

Reason: ''
Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Glitch in Blood Bowl DE Cyanide

Post by Hudson »

Ive had a couple of games when ive been kicking off and the ball has gone off the pitch my oppo has given the ball to a player and its then ended up on someone else. i knew something was up when one of them left his human ubber skilled catcher next to my mighty blow snow troll 2 square from the side line with the ball.

Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 09 with 24
Most Casualties @ PK&Q 09 with 21
Most Casualties @ GT 09 with 28
Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 11 with 28
Most Casualties @ ARRBL 13 with 30
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

It is sometimes hard to see. When a player with the ball is walking toward the other player, then you select the other player, you have to be carefull not to hand off to the new player.

Make sure when you have walked with the ball carrier to click something else like the pitch, and then click the new player you want to play.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

That's funny. I can think of one way it might have happened, if the lineman failed the catch and it went back to the thrower who caught it. No turnover so you've have been able to continue to move.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

does your thrower have safe throw?

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
wikiro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wikiro »

It was my humans second game with LRB 5 rules. My thrower made no mistake in passing the ball off. My lineman was glowing even on the right side of the pitch. He had the ball because when I clicked on him it said he had the ball. I was watching every step of the way. I'm going to watch the replay Thursday after my Physics exam, but I dont know what it will show. If it shows the mistake Ill see if I can youtube the video. It is hysterical, but I was angry at the time. Haha imagine your all amped for a wait and goal. Then SUDDENLY your player having a higher probability of looking like a Picasso painting and an Orc goal in 2 turns that you can't stop.

-wikiro

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I've had similar happen against me, once. I think. Sometimes it's hard to keep up when there are big scrums.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cyanide Blood Bowl.
Of course, if you ask Cyanide/Focus, there are no problems, only "features".

Sometimes I'm quite pleased I can't play atm...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
wikiro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wikiro »

Also I skimmed the season modes team games and one said that one team had 2 passes 2 catches and the other team had 1 pass, 1 catch and 1 interception. I'm thinking about it, but is that possible because that would mean its almost pointless to count catches if the pass numbers the same. Why not just say complete passes?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Iirc it counts any catch, and don't forget if you catch an inaccurate pass, that's not a completion.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
wikiro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wikiro »

I think my PC might be bugging out actually because the game skipped my turn, moved the wrong players at random times, and is running infinitely slow even on lower settings. There are just to many bugs right now I feel its more my PC rather than the game.