Online BB World Cup

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shortarse
Experienced
Experienced

Online BB World Cup

Post by Shortarse »

Is anyone starting a league for the online world cup?

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Online BB World Cup

Post by dode74 »

Forum Open League is participating, so feel free to join. We're a big league with lots of players, so we're likely to get quite a few slots.

No passwords or anything, just apply with a new team and we'll accept. We boot out persistent disconnecters, cheaters and abusive players ;)

Shortarse
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Shortarse »

dode74 wrote:Forum Open League is participating, so feel free to join. We're a big league with lots of players, so we're likely to get quite a few slots.

No passwords or anything, just apply with a new team and we'll accept. We boot out persistent disconnecters, cheaters and abusive players ;)
Cool save me scrolling through do you have the league name or is it just TFF league?

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

"Forum Open League" IS the name of the league. I am there with a wood elves team but have yet to play a match with them.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Shortarse wrote:Cool save me scrolling through do you have the league name or is it just TFF league?
Forum Open League is the name, but if you use the league finder we're 5th on there after 4 of the Cyanide leagues. 1900+ teams (550+ coaches at the last count) atm, so the biggest managed MM league. We get at least 70 games a day played, so it's busy :)

Sales pitch work? ;)

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

So what’s the split between private leagues (both scheduled and MM) and Cyanide’s own MM league?

I’m not sure if I have the time to take part in a scheduled league and I guess I’d have to work my way up as well unless they start over or have some sort of cup. However I suspect that Naggaroth still has some shady happenings with some of the top teams having 17-0-0 records or similar.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

4 tournaments of 32 will be held, with Nagg getting 3 places in each tournament. 12 teams of 128.

It is possible to get that high a record. Last season FOL was won by a lizard team run by cokane (not a pun) who came in at 15-0-0. He's been knocked out of the Open Leagues Championship though, so I guess it's partly to do with your opposition. When we ran the results through an Elo scoring system (unofficially) cokane came 2nd or 3rd.

Gimli
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gimli »

dode74 wrote:Forum Open League is participating, so feel free to join. We're a big league with lots of players, so we're likely to get quite a few slots.

I'm a member of the Forum Open Leauge, although I just have an Amazon team I hardly play. Can I have another team join the League? Are all teams in the League in the online BB Cup? Will you wipe all the current standings and then let players play from there? That is, their performance after the standings are reset will determine if they advance?

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

You can have as many teams as you like in the league. The league itself will be given a number of tickets to distribute among league members (I suspect we will get a fair number), and the exact distribution of those tickets is yet to be decided, although it is certainly going to be split between those doing well in the standings and those who do well in a fresh-teams tournament (perhaps more than one) - details of the tournament(s) will appear on the Cyanide boards once we know how many tickets we have.