Which team are you running in MBBL2 Season 3?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Which team are you running in MBBL2 Season 3?

Post by martynq »

Since Galak has just announced that there will be only one division in Season 3 of the MBBL2, I'm faced with the difficult decision of which team to retire.

(1) My high elves... potentially getting to a point where they might do really well, but I seem to find elves difficult to play. When it all goes right this team is really fun, but when the dice go against me... :o An additional problem is that they've been a little hurt by failed aging rolls, but I have spent two seasons developing them so it seems a waste to stop now.

(2) My undead team... definitely a potent force who have done pretty well over the previous two seasons and since my AG+1 wight also gained ST+1 in the last match he's really quite nasty. The MBBL2 does seem to be rather bash heavy, so this team might last longer.

Anybody got any suggestions?

What thoughts do you have for your teams?

Cheers,
Martyn

Reason: ''
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I would go with the Elves (ick poo), its more challenging. I dont have that problem i was going to voluntarily drop a team and only run a new one. My teams name is Demonspawn, if u want an idea of whats in it, look for a poll lower down in this forum.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Gotta confess I'm absolutely gutted by this. :(
The beauty of the MBBL2 is the chance to run 'unofficial' teams. I have a Khorne Daemon team in Div A. Took me a lot of sacrifice to get up to the point where I could have some fun with a Bloodthirster. I think I'll have to stick with them.
My other team is Clan Moulder from the 'Clan Bowl' article. Now it was always obvious that this team was going to take a while to get going (2 Rat Ogres, 2 Throwers and linerats with access to mutations on a normal roll). A Skaven team with 2 WA, no Gutter Runners and no Storm Vermin (so not one player that starts with Block) is bound to struggle early. After 5 games they're just starting to get competitive, and I'd really like to see this team develop. Definately a middle to long term roster that's just about on the cusp of short/middle term.
Plus of course it's the only Clan Moulder team in the League. It's a crying shame that it ain't gonna be able to develop, although I can see that the demands on Tom's time have gotta be excessive.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

I've not applied...

Think I might ;)

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Just to let everyone know ... I work with another league so that Deathwing and Martyn could continue to play both their team in serious leagues.

Galak

DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

Hey Tom, are you still going to have an opening in MBBL2 for me to play a half-orc team?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Yes

Galak

DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

i guess i'll be playing half-orcs then. only thing left for the team is to finish naming players and send the html.

so when do we start (roughly)?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

roughly 2 to 3 weeks.

Galak