Cyanide Legendary Edition on netbook?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dboeren
Rookie
Rookie

Cyanide Legendary Edition on netbook?

Post by dboeren »

Question for you guys, will the Cyanide Legendary Edition run OK on a netbook?

I looked at the system requirements and I think it may fall a bit short but on a turn based game it seems silly that it shouldn't be able to run in some sense. I don't really care if the animations don't have as fluid a framerate or whatever.

So, has anyone tried it?

Alternately, has anyone been able to run it on a mac through some sort of emulator? I have the XBox version and it's fine as far as it goes but I'd really like to be able to play the other 15 teams.

Thanks!

Reason: ''
Pug
Legend
Legend

Re: Cyanide Legendary Edition on netbook?

Post by Pug »

If you can get to set the graphics level "REALLY" low" you make get away with it a bit, unfortunately it does run through a 3d engine so some grunt of the graphics side is really needed......netbook, 2d graphics..BB LE, 3d grphics

"In Dodge We Trust"
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Disappointingly, that's my take on it as well. However, I should soon have a new netbook, and will try to report back. If your netbook has a decent screen res, you could always try out fumbbl.

juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

yes fumbbl is a safe choice. I think i tried the old version on a rubbish machine and it worked with everything turned down or off. Might be worth on cyanide site and see if that gets any answers

...the pope said to his aid...
dboeren
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dboeren »

I took a look on the cyanide forums and the consensus there is that it will not work on a netbook.

I've got three systems available to me:
XBox 360: Works fine, but that version only has 9 teams so it's missing a ton of stuff
Mac laptop: Has enough power to run stuff, but there is no mac version
PC netbook: lacks the grunt to run 3D stuff

So, looks like I'm sticking with the XBox and FUMBBL which will run fine on anything. Thanks anyway :)

Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pagan »

Netbook I picked up for cheap to enter our league games into OBBLM at the store:

Intel N270
1 Gig ram
Intel GMA945 chipset
1024x600 resolution.

It loads the game and even will run the game on the field. It is so choppy that even getting it to register clicks can be annoying. Yes it will load and run the game but not in any enjoyable fashion.

I may try forcing the game into 800x600 or even seeing if I can reduce the textures but not much in the way available using the default drivers and no support from Rivatuner on Intel graphics.

If you got one of the newer netbooks or even the AMD Fusion chips it may run rather decently.

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

I am pretty certain it will run well on a netbook with the ION chipset. It is bearable with my Atom D510 with Intel GMA 3150 graphics and the ION blows that graphics chip away.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)