To buy or not to buy

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Re: To buy or not to buy

Post by WhatBall »

Joemanji wrote:Just play FUMBBL. Cynaide looks prettier but the functionality is piss poor so you'll soon get bored of it.
Hey, I'm trying my best to make it better with only 30x30 sprites! :D (Hopefully one day a large pitch version will be available with larger sprites.)

Small and pixelated or not, I prefer the tabletop style of the 2D sprites over the 3D graphics. I found it very hard to to know what was what on the Cyanide version.

Joe is correct though. There are better options for online play and leagues.

Reason: ''
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Joemanji wrote:Just play FUMBBL. Cynaide looks prettier but the functionality is piss poor so you'll soon get bored of it.

Listen to Joemanji. He speaks the truth. It looks prettier but it is worse in everyother respect and even the animations get quite triesome after a while. Fumbbl is faster and has a more complete ruleset. The cyanide game is missing 4 teams for starters and it is also missing a lot of star players.

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Yeah, I know about FUMBBL, I also play in the MBBL. I haven't tried the "new" FUMBBL, but what I read yesterday seemed like a lot of the skills aren't implemented? I could be wrong.

FUMBBL may work for me now (it didn't mesh with my RL back in the day) so I may give it a go again. PBEM has always worked for me since it takes about 5 - 10 minutes to play a turn and I can play at work. 8)

As mentioned above, the Cyanide game I did find hard to look at, not quite sure how to explain it. I found myself zooming all the way out to get a top view of the game. I also had to turn off the auto-camera during my opponents turn because that was just confusing and hard to follow what was going on. I guess I am used to the colored squares of the PBEM client.

Dunno, since I live virtually in the middle of nowhere, I am exploring all the ways to get my "fix". :D

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

FUMBBL now requires no downloads and the client is all but complete. There are 70/75 skills implimented at the moment. The missing ones are...

Skills still missing: (5 of 75 total)

- BALL AND CHAIN
- BOMBARDIER
- FAN FAVOURITE
- HAIL MARY PASS
- PASS BLOCK

Obviously Fan Favourite doesn't even come into it, so really its the goblin team and some stars that are affected (Ball and Chain and Bombadier), and some Elf skills that no one wants anyway! ;)

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

tchatter wrote: As mentioned above, the Cyanide game I did find hard to look at, not quite sure how to explain it. I found myself zooming all the way out to get a top view of the game. I also had to turn off the auto-camera during my opponents turn because that was just confusing and hard to follow what was going on. I guess I am used to the colored squares of the PBEM client.
A few other things help, turning off the auto camera is good, but also if you tap the "N" key twice, it will display the player positions above them. You can tap "G" to display the grid. Both are useful until you get more used to the game, I rarely do either now.

The biggest knock on the Cyanide game at the moment is the missing Stars and the 4 teams. As far as the functionality goes, the game plays fine, it's not perfect, but it's not as bad as several people (most of which who have not even played it) are making it out to be.

The implementation of the Private Open leagues has really cleaned up the MM environment a lot. Good luck with wherever you wind up finding your eBlood Bowl fix :)

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Don__Vito wrote:FUMBBL now requires no downloads and the client is all but complete. There are 70/75 skills implimented at the moment. The missing ones are...

Skills still missing: (5 of 75 total)

- BALL AND CHAIN
- BOMBARDIER
- FAN FAVOURITE
- HAIL MARY PASS
- PASS BLOCK

Obviously Fan Favourite doesn't even come into it, so really its the goblin team and some stars that are affected (Ball and Chain and Bombadier), and some Elf skills that no one wants anyway! ;)
Thanks, I did find this today at the end of the thread (I hadn't read all the way to the end). So how are people handling the missing Goblin skills? Is there a way to do them manually in FBB?

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL