Update about the WoP league.

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Update about the WoP league.

Post by vorner23 »

Hello all.

Right to all those in the World of Pain series. Here's a few announcements:

Having recently returned from the land of beautiful blonde women, I am raring to get the league truely going. We've done most of the round 1 matches with only a few to play. As soon as these are completed we'll be ready for the next. The first round has been artifically slow due to filling the last few places, and then three coaches withdrawing... but then thats fine. Better to have people who'll want to stick with the season.

The next round I'm sure will be much faster. There is only a single place to fill. Which has been promised to a newbie coach weeks ago who was struggling with his pc. HD formatted he's up and running and just needs to submit his team. Then we have a full 3 divisions... which will be ranked according to the qualifying matches.

Just to explain to anyone who might be bewildered as to why 2 teams have full points, which appears to be calculated wrong. This is due to coaches pulling out mid game. Not nice for the opposing coach, as it cheapens the feeling of victory for them. However, it wasn't fair to punish the 'withdrawed on' team just because their oppo couldn't last the distance. That would deny them valuable points when they had done nothing wrong after all!

Right what other news?

Anyone who hasn't submitted a history yet, get your thinking caps on and chuck something in a txt doc. It is not the end of the world if you don't but it would be nice to make the other coaches laugh!

Contacts have been a problem since we started. What I will be doing is creating a password protected area on the site that coaches can enter and get the details of their opponent. i.e. addresses for MSN and email etc etc.

Everyone has alot of different names: Real/TBB/MSN/Email/Team name. So its all getting confusing really! So if you get an email asking for all your details don't be surprised. I know some people were reluctant to post on the site forum with contact details. So the password area, created over the next few days should make the privacy issue go away.

Thats about it for now. The site will be updated in about 3 hours with the latest teams and a few other bits and pieces!

Anything else I'll no doubt tag on the end of this.

Cheers all,
Peter/Vorner23

Reason: ''
Severoth

Post by Severoth »

The Black Horns are ready for more violence Vorn, thanks for the help with giving them first blood with your gobbos today :p

*Severoth cackles evilly and prepares for the violence to come in the league season eagerly*

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

Hello guys.

So excellent; only 2 games left till the close of round 1.

Then the teams will play the team ranked next to them in pairs. For round 2. This will split up the winners, from the last round. And give losing coaches a good chance. After these rankings the teams are placed in divisions! Cool.

Christer has allowed us to use his chat room. Some people would like to see a separate WoP league chat room. But as the league is only small we might find that the room is empty alot of the time!

As long as Christer is happy with us being there, (we all play in the Fumbbl anyway too :D ) and we behave ourselves, i think it would be more social to share the room. It seems needless to be signed into two rooms afterall!

If Christer decides he'd rather not have us there, or if people really don't want to use this room then we'll change... but everyone is really nice in the Fumbbl room... well mostly. :lol:

cheers,
Peter/vorner23