Norse or Dark Elves in new Private Cyanide/LE League

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Norse or Dark Elves in new Private Cyanide/LE League

Post by The Dazzler II »

Hi. I've never played either team and was leaning towards Norse.

However, the more i read up on them the more i like DEs. I enjoy Defence (more than offence bizarrely) and this could be the team for me.

Any thoughts on which is the most fun to use?

The only trouble i'm finding with Cyanide is putting enough teams down to get a game (in the Open leagues) but i prefer trying to run with just one team for a season or two to develop a style with them.

Looking forward to the Private Leagues to start for that reason

Reason: ''
Carpe Nasem
EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Norse or Dark Elves in new Private Cyanide/LE League

Post by EastCoast »

Out of the box, their both pretty good defensive teams, although dark elves become exceptional over time. If you like bashing up your opponents, take the norse. If you like to play a positioning game with the ability to pounce on the ball if it hit the ground, dark elves.

I'm playing a true AG 4 team for the first time, and I'm really digging it, so I would say Dark Elves.

Based on what you've said, I think a private league is for you, check out the league recruitment forums on the cyanide boards, there are always tournaments going on, and most of the larger leagues will let you transfer sanctioned tournament teams to their primary league. I'm a huge fan of league play, I think it captures the true spirit of the game. No matter what you choose, welcome to Blood Bowl!

The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Norse or Dark Elves in new Private Cyanide/LE League

Post by The Dazzler II »

Thanks EC

Well, who doesn't like Bashing. However, i think i'll give the DE a whirl with the 4 Blitzers, 1 Runner & 2RR set (i wanted to put the Witch in there but perhaps after i get the Apoth)

Carpe Nasem