Help, how do i get out of this rut?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Help, how do i get out of this rut?

Post by spubbbba »

A bad run of dice has turned me into one of “those online coaches”. :puke:

Over the weekend I went 7 straight games without a win using Nurgle, Undead and Orcs teams on Cyanide’s MM. None of my opponents played particularly well but all seemed to manage to either outcas me, pull off some wonder move to score a late equaliser/winner or my team would spectacularly fail.
Of course as my frustration grew, my level of coaching deteriorated and I made more mistakes or missclicks which further compounded things. :pissed:

I’ve always prided myself on FUMBBL of taking bad dice in my stride and not taking it out on my opponent and have on more than 1 occasion managed a result by battling away when many coaches would give up. But over that weekend I managed to moan, whine and be more of a general offensive douche than I have in the previous 5 years of playing on online BB.

So how do I turn things around and start enjoying myself win or lose?

I was considering playing a stunty team like goblins but my run of bad results ended with a 3-0 gubbing of a goblin team that had their turn to be hit with the nuffle stick. I know from experience that the dice going against the stunty teams can be some of the least fun games you can have, especially in a bash heavy environment where the other team will clear the pitch and you’ll be unlikely to even hurt anything back.

Maybe try a more agile team? That way I’d expect to get beaten up and most of the teams seem to be prepared to only handle other bashers. I could even go the whole hog and keep a deliberately low TV zon team but then again that would be even worse turning into a cheesy zon min/maxer.

Or something more radical? Say deleting Cyanide’s mediocre effort and sticking to FUMBBL’s client which is a lot more user friendly and has a higher quality of opposition, losing isn’t so bad if the other coach plays well and capitalises on the dice or your mistakes.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Barnacles
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Help, how do i get out of this rut?

Post by Barnacles »

Don't kick yourself over it - Nurgle are really Tier 3 so you expect to be beaten. Even the stuntys can outrun you so there are no easy wins.

Cyanides effort seems pretty good and adjusting to the high camera angle view gives a clearer pitch overview to make decisions easier.

The Omega
WHERE WA GOIN' NOW!
Barnacles
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Barnacles »

Just a thought.....there are some good private leagues on cyanide if you want to play fumbbl quality opposition if you dont want to revert to fumbbl basic GUI

The Omega
WHERE WA GOIN' NOW!
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Use Ogres, it's kill or cure. Or Slann where it's always crazy but can go very very wrong.