Addicted to Cyanide Bloodbowl single player mode

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: Addicted to Cyanide Bloodbowl single player mode

Post by mattgslater »

I saw that game.

That was a bummer. I'd given you about a 40% chance to pull out a W from where you were.

One guy conceded on me, then cited RL issues. I know that's not the proper thing to do, but he didn't consult me. I think he really conceded because I outmaneuvered him royally and was in the early stages of a potential dismantling, but didn't want to admit that because it was still premature. I had another guy concede because he was obviously going to lose and was going to retire the team anyway. But that's almost 50 games in.

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

mattgslater wrote:I saw that game.

That was a bummer. I'd given you about a 40% chance to pull out a W from where you were.

One guy conceded on me, then cited RL issues. I know that's not the proper thing to do, but he didn't consult me. I think he really conceded because I outmaneuvered him royally and was in the early stages of a potential dismantling, but didn't want to admit that because it was still premature. I had another guy concede because he was obviously going to lose and was going to retire the team anyway. But that's almost 50 games in.
The opponent is unavailable today and today is the deadline so if it wasn't a tournament game we could have got it completed.

Though the computer falling over every 15 minutes didn't help my will to continue. ;)

RandomOracle
Experienced
Experienced

Post by RandomOracle »

dode74 wrote:I'd be interested to see a FUMBBL comparison. The ability to reconnect would make a huge difference.
Looking at my own FUMBBL games this year, I see three concessions. No games were abandoned, although I did have wait for about a week to finish one game (my opponent went on vacation and admin concessions were bugged at the time). This is in about 165 games or so.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

koadah wrote:Though the computer falling over every 15 minutes didn't help my will to continue. ;)
That's a wicked, wicked Lizardman team.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Yeah, I figured FUMBBL would be better. Cyanide is more of an easy "fix" of BB though, and that ease makes it more attractive to casual gamers.

That said, I do think the 51SPP rule and the ability to reconnect would make a difference.

RandomOracle
Experienced
Experienced

Post by RandomOracle »

dode74 wrote: That said, I do think the 51SPP rule and the ability to reconnect would make a difference.
I agree, yeah. Has there been any indication that Cyanide would implement these?

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

RandomOracle wrote:
dode74 wrote: That said, I do think the 51SPP rule and the ability to reconnect would make a difference.
I agree, yeah. Has there been any indication that Cyanide would implement these?
Or implement anything ever again?

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

koadah wrote:
dode74 wrote:I'd be interested to see a FUMBBL comparison. The ability to reconnect would make a huge difference.
Seriously Dode I last night I conceded my first game ever due to RL issues. That makes roughly 4 uncompleted games since 2005. All with the consent of the opponent. That's not even one a year!

There is no comparison.
With the new client you don’t ever have to concede for real life reasons, in fact doing so can be against the rules if the match didn’t warrant it.

It’s really simple to stop mid game and pick it up later, the only issue is that neither team can play again until you finish the match.

I’ve played over 1100 matches there and concessions are really rare (none by me). Of course I tend not to make “kill, maim, burn!” teams but those that give me the most chance of winning so I’m sure if you played Claw/MB/PO heavy chaos then you would get a higher percentage.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

spubbbba wrote:With the new client you don’t ever have to concede for real life reasons, in fact doing so can be against the rules if the match didn’t warrant it.
The game had a deadline that was not going to be met. PurpleChest was informed and was OK with it so it's up to the others if they want to do anything.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Cyanide's clearly not as "hardcore" as that, although the option to implement such rules would be nice.

I have no idea if new things will be implemented. They are bugfixing though (and that may take a little time!).