Addicted to Cyanide Bloodbowl single player mode

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jani74
Experienced
Experienced

Addicted to Cyanide Bloodbowl single player mode

Post by Jani74 »

Am I completely failed bloodbowler when I say that lately I've been playing Legendary Edition in single player mode for many many many times? I know the AI is not that great, but I like it anyway. It will punish if played sloppily.

Once I tried finding a real person to play against but could not find any and after that have not even tried. I don't like waiting for a suitable opponent to arrive. AI is always there for me. 8)

Reason: ''
Image Image Image
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Addicted to Cyanide Bloodbowl single player mode

Post by purdindas »

Whatever floats your boat. I couldn't do it mate. AI is just to stupid.

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
betterZthenDeaD
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by betterZthenDeaD »

Playing tabletop after Cyanide confuses the hell out of me. I can never understand why in real life on the last turn opponents don't run back towards their own endzone and start caging up! :orc:

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Uh, whatever floats your boat man. Just don't let it cause your skills to atrophy too much.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Jani74
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jani74 »

Today I played my first multiplayer match! Funny thing was that my opponent was very, very much experienced than me, but after I had pounded a few of his men off the pitch, he abandonded the match! :orc: Maybe I am more dangerous than I thought, hehe.

AND after the game I asked in the community chat if abandoning matches is common or not, the guy himself was one of the people answering to me! Then I asked what happened. No reply.

I don't mind he leaving the match, but I find that quite weird.

The amount of my opponents leaving matches half-way is now 100%. :lol:

(Btw, it sucks that LE seems to crash when switching to Windows. In single player mode I do it all the time without much problems. Some, but not much.)

Image Image Image
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Come join Forum Open League. Abandoning via the options menu is still allowed, but there are far fewer of those than in other leagues. We also police for cheating and disconnecting.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

send them a little note telling them that you only improve by being beaten. I had a guy abandon once after the first block he threw. double skulls, double skulls, ko abandon.
On the up side he didn't waste too much of my time.

As dode says find a league. I play in a casual one with guys who aren't anal about rolling on every week. We have lives unfortunately.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Jani74
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jani74 »

It was FOL. :D

Had another match. It went well up to halfway second period, I was losing by 0-2 when opponent messaged that he cannot move his players or anything. Connection was lost a couple of time and then he disappeared.

Still 100% unfinished games. Can't wait to see what happens next time.

Image Image Image
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Was it a disconnect? If it was and it was FOL then why didn't you report it? I have to be informed of these things in order to police them. Details of how are on the FOL thread in the Cyanide forum.

Jani74
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jani74 »

dode74 wrote:Was it a disconnect? If it was and it was FOL then why didn't you report it? I have to be informed of these things in order to police them. Details of how are on the FOL thread in the Cyanide forum.
Ok. I was not aware of this.

I tried just to register to Cyanide forum, but the Captcha image was always so confusing that I did not get the letters right. Then I got this: "You have exceeded the maximum number of registration attempts for this session. Please try again later."

Have to try again later, I guess.

Btw, how can it be known if somebody was disconnected by bad connection and when it was deliberate?

Image Image Image
Aflo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Aflo »

Ahh FUMBBL, how glad I am I can play on you and not have to put up with Cyanide users :D

My commission plog: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36153
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

To be fair, we have recently put together a way to parse match results based on a server dump. In FOL over 80% of games end normally, with ~15% ending in an abandoned match and <5% in a disconnection. I suspect that if the 51SPP rule were implemented that the number of completed games would increase.

RandomOracle
Experienced
Experienced

Post by RandomOracle »

dode74 wrote:To be fair, we have recently put together a way to parse match results based on a server dump. In FOL over 80% of games end normally, with ~15% ending in an abandoned match and <5% in a disconnection. I suspect that if the 51SPP rule were implemented that the number of completed games would increase.
Ouch. I don't really like those numbers too much, but I think your user moderation of the league has helped get them as high as they are, considering the limitations of game (the lack of 51 SPP rule and reconnections). I still can't believe Cyanide couldn't implement reconnection for LE, especially considering how convenient and easy it is in FFB.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I'd be interested to see a FUMBBL comparison. The ability to reconnect would make a huge difference.

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

dode74 wrote:I'd be interested to see a FUMBBL comparison. The ability to reconnect would make a huge difference.
Seriously Dode I last night I conceded my first game ever due to RL issues. That makes roughly 4 uncompleted games since 2005. All with the consent of the opponent. That's not even one a year!

There is no comparison.