TFF Season 2 - Week 1 fixtures

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Re: TFF Season 2 - Week 1 fixtures

Post by firebreather »

I think its all just about sorted, still not sure what happened with the game between the dazzler and kurtmalin as the replay uploaded repeatedly :lol: but the game didnt register in game , replied to people via pm and validated games played, been a bit unwell for the past couple of weeks, and took a turn for the worse yesterday and ended up in A&E, hopefully on the mend now.

Reason: ''
The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

Hi FB

Sorry to hear you've not been well to say the least. A&E!!?

Thanks for sorting

James

Carpe Nasem
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

firebreather wrote:I think its all just about sorted, still not sure what happened with the game between the dazzler and kurtmalin as the replay uploaded repeatedly :lol: but the game didnt register in game , replied to people via pm and validated games played, been a bit unwell for the past couple of weeks, and took a turn for the worse yesterday and ended up in A&E, hopefully on the mend now.
Hopefully everything is OK now (with you I mean).

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Just played Da Great MC, my Necros against his Norse.

2-0 in my favour. I chose to receive in the first half with a view to winning the injury battle and taking the ball off him in the second. A terrible start saw me turnover on the first action of turn 1 followed by the surfing of my Wolf in MCs first turn. I grabbed the ball and passed it to a wight that had darted back to the centre field but there was nowhere near enough support. A scrum developed around the ball (quickly knocked loose) and by turn 4 I was worried about either of us getting it out. Some lucky blocks and armour breaks (mostly stunned but I'm not complaining :) ) and I got the ball free and moving up the pitch with two wights, scoring on my turn 8.

The second half started with me kicking long. MC attacked my line hard but left me room to get round on my right. I got a zombie and a ghoul to the ball carrier and his one support and tied up as many of his forwards as possible with tacklezones. A golem and wolf joined the scrum and popped the ball out allowing a wight to get it clear. Some attempted stalling at the endzone went against me and allowed MC to regain the ball. Again I popped it free and ran it in for a TD with one turn remaining. A pummelling on the line followed the kick and then the game was over.

Thanks MC for a great game. I've uploaded it to BBManager.

Smithysworld
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Smithysworld »

My game with Barnacles was going well. Was one-nil down, in second half, about to equalize and my system froze/crashed. Couldn't believe it, totally gutted. So my prediction will be right, I'm gonna be propping up the table ?!? ?!? :pissed:

Matt 'The Ginger Prince' Smith

NAF no. 15560
BBLE record: Smithsville Tigers (Humans) 12/0/4
Southfarthing Pie Men (Flings) 2/0/0
The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

Smithysworld wrote:My game with Barnacles was going well. Was one-nil down, in second half, about to equalize and my system froze/crashed. Couldn't believe it, totally gutted. So my prediction will be right, I'm gonna be propping up the table ?!? ?!? :pissed:
That sucks - sometimes it happens if you have the dialogue box open. Just hit return

But yes i'm having IT/laptop issues too - apologies in advance if i'm not overly chatty during games. I find the less buttons i'm pressing during the game the less likely the system goes south :(

Carpe Nasem
PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Looks like both of us uploaded my game vs Da Great MC to BB Manager. I'll leave it to Firebreather to delete one of the entries.

kurtlemalin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kurtlemalin »

The Dazzler wrote:Day 1 SY Giantz 1 v 0 [Vamps]

Ha! Kurtlemalin your boys took a hell of a beating ...[insert general bragging/crowing etc in a most unbecoming fashion]

A good fun game
hi , yes i like to express my helplessness :) ( i ve stopped to smoke there are 14 days so it could be worst lol).
Indeed it was a good game, but in spite of 28% of one on dices, i ve done some noob mistakes, unable to resist to take some risks at the beginning of some of my turns instead of be quiet and more carefull .. The first league excitment perhaps?!! :)

When the second match will happen? need a revenge!!!

The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

Hi Oli

Not in this league i'm afraid old son - we only play each other once. :orc:

Happy to give you another game in one of the open leagues, perhaps?

I'm moving away from Auld and Nagg and have started playing in FOL which is administered

Looking forward to Day 2

Cheers

James

Carpe Nasem
The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

Any idea when the final game of Day 1 is to be played guys? Thanks

Carpe Nasem
inoculator
Experienced
Experienced

Post by inoculator »

Gobbos got smashed 3-1 by those pesky Necro's.

Anyone recommend some good starting set up's for 4-6 players :D

The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

[ouch!!] :)

Carpe Nasem
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

ive ended day 1, so your free to play the 2nd game if you like i wont start it officially yet though.

The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

[whoop whoop]

Pressie we're on. When's good?

Carpe Nasem
pressie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pressie »

The Dazzler wrote:[whoop whoop]

Pressie we're on. When's good?
I am usually free Mon/Tues/Thur/Friday evenings from around 7.30 uk time... so can probably do a day next week? How about you? I sometimes can do weekends but I am away at the Toy Soldier Blood Bowl tourney this weekend... :)

http://tripleskull.blogspot.com/

Coach of the Liverpool Blood Bowl Eirie Downs League. Join our Facebook group to join the league.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1850859 ... oup_header