new to fummbl, where to start ?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

van der vaart
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: new to fummbl, where to start ?

Post by van der vaart »

JaM wrote:If only I knew how to 'chat', and how to see how many rerolls you have left. That would be cool. Just like standing up and moving, 'just'' standing up took me a few turns to 'get'.

So far, so good. Game took me about an hour, so that's okay I guess.
Im having the same problem...and i did what the help said to do but nothing seems to work...
Im loving the quick games!

Reason: ''
Commish of the Geelong And Regions Blood Bowl League;GARBBL!
Check us out at http://geelong.bloodbowlleague.com or Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/#!/GARBBL
I have a blog! http://nubs11.blog.com/
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

try setting your taskbar on the right i have to it works for me

* do it before you launch your game or you still won't see the text box for chatting or re-rolls

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Or set it to hide.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

What, my windows taskbar ? :o edit: tried it, didnt work. But I can see now where they should be.
weird that I cant change the size of the window... I am using W7 on a 1 year old laptop, so that shouldnt be a problem.

Finally made a td, lost 2-1 vs lizzies though. Somehow the team is "waiting for approval"...? Got a journeyman from the first game who suffered -1 st but walks away with the mvp !! ffs...
And now I cant seem to fire him. ah well. I'll see how/what happens tomorrow I guess.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Screen resolution should be at least 1200 x 800.

It should explain why I can see all on my desktop computer now (running on XP, still, for the last... dunno, 8 years?) and not on my laptop (W7, 1 year old).

JaM

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Beware the misclick. FUMBBL really is a very different environment from TT. Maybe it's just that I have a small screen and a funky mouse, but the interface drives me crazy. Also, it's a tad glitchy and draggy, which takes some getting used to. Still, it's better than Cyanide....

I recommend building and playing some [R] teams, even if you're primarily into [L] or . Ranked is a great way to have fun with people you know, to schedule pick-up games. It's almost as easy to find games off the top as is, with a whole lot less meta-gaming. The only time I ever have a problem finding games is late night my (California) time, because the Europeans are all working and people on the US East Coast are all sleeping. Still, the gaming never really stops: there's the Australian crowd and the Japanese, and more than a few of us Far Westerners, so there are always at least a couple dozen people on FUMBBL at any given moment.

I'm JackassRampant, btw. If you don't mind two-hour games, I'm a blast to play against: I play slow, but I'll make you play slow too. Oh, and you have to not mind losing. :D

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

mattgslater wrote:Beware the misclick.
:pissed: This has lost me more then one game on FUMBBL.

van der vaart
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by van der vaart »

mattgslater wrote: Also, it's a tad glitchy and draggy
Speaking of this was ayone else online the other day when the whole server appeared to crash? I was midway through a game when the game just closed, then it wasnt showing any other games being played....last monday i believe it was

Commish of the Geelong And Regions Blood Bowl League;GARBBL!
Check us out at http://geelong.bloodbowlleague.com or Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/#!/GARBBL
I have a blog! http://nubs11.blog.com/
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

van der vaart wrote:
mattgslater wrote: Also, it's a tad glitchy and draggy
Speaking of this was ayone else online the other day when the whole server appeared to crash? I was midway through a game when the game just closed, then it wasnt showing any other games being played....last monday i believe it was
This happens from time to time, usually just late NA evenings while the Europeans sleep. The server almost always reboots and is back in 10 minutes or so. You can just pick up the game where you left off in most cases.

If you are looking to play your buddies over and over again for fun, do it in League. If you play the same people too many time sin Ranked the admins will not be too pleased as it is against site rules.

I find this new client very smooth for the most part. Usually only slow when someone with a bad connection plays me. The last client (LRB4) was evil to me and very slow.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

WhatBall wrote:If you are looking to play your buddies over and over again for fun, do it in League. If you play the same people too many time sin Ranked the admins will not be too pleased as it is against site rules.
The limit is supposed to be 10% of all your Ranked games, rounded up, though I've noticed that it's sort of an honor system, as I played one opponent 5x in my first 40 games without realizing it (not a friend of mine or anything, just somebody in the same time zone). So [R] is a great way to game with people you don't see a lot (like fellow TFF'ers), or to get in an occasional match against your TT buddy when you can't get together in person, so long as you're using it primarily to play whoever happens to be around.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I'm Millstone, btw. Matt, I'll look you up some time for sure. But not at the moment :) too busy.

I dont mind playing a 2 hour game, as long as I can have some bathroom-breaks now and then. :lol: And we should look into the ' time' when we play. I doubt my girlfriend will be happy when I sneak out of the bed at 3 in the morning to play BB. For 2 hours. I am at GMT +1 here.

And I will make some more teams in [R].

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Darkson wrote:Is there any league where you can issue challenges to teams above/below/at your TV, like the rules suggest?

Yes, you can do this in the Ranked division. Also there will no doubt be some leagues with open round robins knocking about.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

garion wrote:
Darkson wrote:Is there any league where you can issue challenges to teams above/below/at your TV, like the rules suggest?

Yes, you can do this in the Ranked division....
Sort of. You can go 15% up or down 13.3%, or maybe more if you're under 1M.

RandomOracle
Experienced
Experienced

Post by RandomOracle »

mattgslater wrote:Sort of. You can go 15% up or down 13.3%, or maybe more if you're under 1M.
I think it's easier to think that it's 15% from the lower rated team. That is, to find out who you can play against, either divide or multiple your team value by 1.15.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

RandomOracle wrote:
mattgslater wrote:Sort of. You can go 15% up or down 13.3%, or maybe more if you're under 1M.
I think it's easier to think that it's 15% from the lower rated team. That is, to find out who you can play against, either divide or multiple your team value by 1.15.
Right. From 20/23 (86.7%) to 23/20 (115%) of your TV. That's basically what I said.