Week 8 fixtures

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Week 8 fixtures

Post by firebreather »

Week 8 is open, im assuming Carloz is playing this week as i havent heard from Magictobe

Pressie v Inoculator
Da great MC v Magictobe
Firebreather v Willi
Chris v Raveen
Kurtlemalin v Barnacles

ill extend the deadline to Fri 7th as Magictobes team was only accepted late last night.

Reason: ''
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Week 8 fixtures

Post by Magictobe »

Hello,

I am back!!! And now everybody knows!!

If you can kick carloz out of the league and think I can re-enter with my old team of undead? I am not sure if this is possible but we can try.

Too bad I was not able to try to beat barnacles. Would have loved to play that game myself :wink:

pressie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pressie »

Inoculator, I can usually play Tues/Thur/Mon past 7.30 uk time.

http://tripleskull.blogspot.com/

Coach of the Liverpool Blood Bowl Eirie Downs League. Join our Facebook group to join the league.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1850859 ... oup_header
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

ill remove carloz team tonight and send you a pm MT

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

That will be tough... I fly back from Cambodia on the 5th! Who would likt to play a jet lagged traveler on the 6th? Or even if you want an easy win on the evening of the fifth!

Barnacles
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Barnacles »

Magictobe wrote:Hello,

I am back!!! And now everybody knows!!

If you can kick carloz out of the league and think I can re-enter with my old team of undead? I am not sure if this is possible but we can try.

Too bad I was not able to try to beat barnacles. Would have loved to play that game myself :wink:
Good job Carloz played it for you...you would have got whupped! :wink:

The Omega
WHERE WA GOIN' NOW!
Barnacles
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Barnacles »

When are you free kurtlemalin? i can do most evenings after 8pm

The Omega
WHERE WA GOIN' NOW!
kurtlemalin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kurtlemalin »

i will be free friday at 20H00 o clock ( england time), so 21H00 for me in france!

Barnacles
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Barnacles »

Ok see you Friday 8pm UK time, 9pm French time

The Omega
WHERE WA GOIN' NOW!
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

Da Great MC vs Magictobe: 2-1

uploaded 8)

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
kurtlemalin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kurtlemalin »

Disconnection from barnacles, i enjoy to keep the result!!
First turn, i ve been a really Duck*** guy : 1 dead, one injured and one ko against av8 DE linemen!

Thx nuffle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Barnacles
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Barnacles »

A disappointing decision by my opponent to keep the score when we had a disconnection on turn 4 only, with a 0-0 score line. He would have scored on his drive, but turn 4 is early days and anything could have happened.

Please admin me out of this league

Thanks everyone for the games - I think I will stick with OCC leagues from now on as I have only encountered reasonable people there who aren't so desperate for a score line.

The Omega
WHERE WA GOIN' NOW!
kurtlemalin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kurtlemalin »

Hi barnacles,

The facts :
First turn 1 dead, 1 injured (misses next match) one ko.
One dark elfe linemen caught by the referee.
12-4 = 8 dark elves players, (7 on the pitch, one on the side)

A touchdown which is almost certain for my team turn 5-6.

And a disconnection... Won t you think my opponent is a bad looser, knowing that he has a 100% of reliability about his internet connection....
Or would you say: Oh no, he was really in a fu*****ing bad situation , but hope for him , he has been disconnected, it s nice we can do the match again!!!

Put you at my place and think that the disconnection - or alt-f4 -was really, how to say, convenient , don t you?

If the admin really wants we do the match again, no pb, but it will encourage disconnections, and disconnection are loss.... at last with the cyanide game.
Disconnections are too evident, too easy. It has ever happened to me, ( a bad wireless usb key) No need to complain or to moan to admin :)

i m open minded but not an idiot :)

ps: if there is a way to go on the match were it was stopped, no pb, but check your internet link before!

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Personally I would play again as I always want a game....

Doesn't the death and similar still count? You can't escape it by abandoning. Further don't you get an extra mvp etc?

In barnicles defence I believe when i played him my mercenary multiple block treeman was very effective and he sucked it up.

I certainly have had disconnections thanks to my tempremental wifi connection.

Barnacles
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Barnacles »

I'm of the same mind as Chris, we should be here to play and not take desperate wins so early in the first half. Its the first time my internet has disconnected since starting cyanide, and not reconnected in time. In fact i'm not even sure my connection failed at all as everything else functioned just fine and i didn't have to log on to cyanide again - it was still connected and able to chat - so it could just be a server problem. Restarting the match is easy because anyone who is dead, injured etc is simply not there for the next match and it could eaily be arranged for opponent to run a score in on Turn 5 while both players do nothing for first 4 turns to arrive at exactly the same situation.

.....but alas, I think kurtlemain has shown his true colours....I guess he wins the French sportsman of the year award, but certainly not the British one. If he is so desperate for a win and too afraid to replay then let him have it. He can't claim 3 blocks on Turn 1 resulting in 1 dead and 2 injured as anything but luck....I guess luck runs out, so I think in his shoes it makes sense to take a disconnection win on Turn 4 with a 0-0 score line. It is clear that if he thought he had an easy win then he would replay, but obviously he doesn't think that.

...Anyways i'm out of this league as i'm online to play and have fun not to cling to disconnection wins on turn 4 with 0-0 scorelines.

Had some fun games with the others though....

The Omega
WHERE WA GOIN' NOW!