Cyanide chaos edition

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Cyanide chaos edition

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:Possibly you need to have a Steam account for the game to work. Trying to get confirmation either way, but as per usual Focus don't answer, and no one from the forum has answered.
http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtop ... 757#p21865
Suggests to me that Steam is a must for BB:CE.

I've been using Steam since Civ5, and have no issues with it.

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Cyanide chaos edition

Post by Shteve0 »

FM11 for me, iirc. The ever excellent Dig, Monkey Island(s) and other lucasarts classics can be had, ocassionally, at a steal.

The offline mode not being available offline is beyond moronic though.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Shteve0 wrote:The offline mode not being available offline is beyond moronic though.
Dont really want to get into Steam/Anti-Steam debate, but I've never had a problem using the Off Line mode either. If wireless just turn off your wi-fi on your 'puter, if wired, either unplug or turn off your ethernet plug (if available). Then when you start Steam it will say something akin to No Network Available, Start In Off Line Mode? Click Yes. This has always worked for me.

Of course if you aren't talking about Steam, but BB:CE not having an Off Line mode, then I appologise and agree :D

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Cyanide chaos edition

Post by Shteve0 »

You used to have to go online and restart steam in offline mode to 'prep' it for running while away from the net. Sounds like this is no longer the case - to which I say, about bloody time.

Steam's good generally, though. When I was in Afghanistan trying to download point and clicks, they made my account an exception to the regional licensing laws with no hassle whatsoever. Excellent customer care.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

Are you able to play new teams when you organise a league where some have the chaos edition and others not?

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Yes.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

lunchmoney wrote:
Darkson wrote:Possibly you need to have a Steam account for the game to work. Trying to get confirmation either way, but as per usual Focus don't answer, and no one from the forum has answered.
http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtop ... 757#p21865
Suggests to me that Steam is a must for BB:CE.
Oh well, that's £8 saved. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.