Cyanide chaos edition

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

AllyRdr
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cyanide new BB expansion: The Chaos Edition...

Post by AllyRdr »

I posted this on the OCC League forums for the cyanide game also, but may as well repost it here.

The rules have worked fine ever since Granny started ignoring us. Adding in kiddy-on made up teams gives me the fear.

Reason: ''
@AllyRdr - for occasional inane rubbish
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

My first thought when I first read 'underworld' was that perhaps they were going for the three new teams, but then...

While I understand that GW might not want to endorse Slann because their lack of racial minis for them (and 'look' in terms of game design), there was still Chaos Pact, without the need to came up with a 'made up' team.

ClayInfinity
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ClayInfinity »

For all the "cease & desist" letters from Grandma Wendy to all manner of BB sites and for a game that they no longer support, then they OK the the use of a mickey-mouse team for use in which nobody in the BB playing world has seen or play tested.

I am not a WHFB player, so I have no idea of the fluff or type that this team may be. Given plain Chaos with the ClawPOMB is deadly, I can only imagine that this new Chaos team will be more deadly and hence more broken.

Having said that, I find Cyanide's game excellent graphic wise but is full of disconnectors and hence I am happy with my fumbbl.

[url=http://limekettles.blogspot.com/]Lime Kettles - My Weblog and Forum[/url]
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I have a horrible feeling the will copy the team straight from the old rules for daemon teams, complete with stupid special rules like daemonic aura.

I have a look at the screenshots and can only see 4 bloodletters and a bloodthirster. Can anyone see any more players from that team?
There does seem to be a khorne chaos human, but he may be support staff rather than an actual player.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Iranian Spy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Iranian Spy »

Yeah, had a good look at that myself - thought the bull centaur was on the khorne team for the longest second...

Team Scotland: for Blood Bowl in Scotland http://www.createforum.com/teamscotland ... scotlandbb

Glasgow Blood Bowl League https://www.facebook.com/groups/273727376038744/

The Artist formerly known as "Shaheen"
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

As annoying as the Khorne roster being included is I can't get past another thought. If you were adding races including the Underworld, why not throw the Chaos Pact in there as well. You have everything modeled for it already, maybe slight changes to the armour and you are done. Would a 4th team in a new edition of the game be too much?

ImageImage
ClayInfinity
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ClayInfinity »

Xtreme wrote:As annoying as the Khorne roster being included is I can't get past another thought. If you were adding races including the Underworld, why not throw the Chaos Pact in there as well. You have everything modeled for it already, maybe slight changes to the armour and you are done. Would a 4th team in a new edition of the game be too much?
Totally agree! Given that I love playing Chaos Pact, I think its a big let down.

They have each mini already, reskin the Norse lino's for Marauders and add the mutations on top.

So stoopid!

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

wow that team looks truely horrible. I mean the graphics, the models yuck. They just can't do anything right can they.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Xtreme wrote:As annoying as the Khorne roster being included is I can't get past another thought. If you were adding races including the Underworld, why not throw the Chaos Pact in there as well. You have everything modeled for it already, maybe slight changes to the armour and you are done. Would a 4th team in a new edition of the game be too much?
My understanding is that this was a marketing decision once GW had said no to Slann. If they assume that most who have LE will get CE anyway then their problem becomes one of selling this to a new market, and apparently they saw it as easier to sell enormous winged demons with badass underlings than weird babylonian big-hatted folk and some already-existing races (if you consider underworld and pact to basically be gobs, skaven and humans with some different characteristics). That means that Khorne was the first team "in", with CDs second as the race most talked about being wanted on the Cyanide forums (and already in CRP, to boot). It then came down to prioritising Underworld or Pact, and for whatever reason Underworld were prioritised 3rd and Pact 4th. The development time didn't allow for 4 teams to be made, so they chopped Pact.

Graphically, Pact couldn't be "humans with mutations" any more than CDs can be "dwarves with mutations and centaurs" - there is a theme to stick by. New models would be required.

As far as the graphics for Khorne go, I think the Bloodletters look ok, but am a bit dubious about the Bloodthirster (assuming that is what they are).

ClayInfinity
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ClayInfinity »

Can we get a roster / stat list?

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

It's not been released, afaik.

Skurk78
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Skurk78 »

Does anybody else think that Deamons of Khorne sounds... well, corny? The pun is unintended, the word Khorn just makes me think of corny or corn and those are words I'm not used to associate with blood bowl. Well, whatever it is I'm interested in seeing the new team on the pitch. Can't say I care much about playing a corny team. And that pun was intended.

Just realized I haven't touched the Cyanide game in 6 months, I'm currently in the final my Chaos team. Off to win that game right now.

Death to the high elves. Dark Elves prevail!!!
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Cyanide new BB expansion: The Chaos Edition...

Post by Shteve0 »

In screenshot 3, from L-R, there are (or seem to be):

A khorne human (marauder?)
Goblin ref
Bloodletter (horns behind ref) 1
Two hobgoblins on wolves???
A bloodthirster (stupid addition)
Bull centaur
Hobgoblin (behind mushroom)
Bloodletter (with claw?) 2
Two chaos dwarfs
bloodletter 3
Another dwarf
Hobgoblin (behind bloodletter 4)
Bloodletters 4&5
Hobgoblin 3 (behind bloodletter 5 leg)
Khorne human 2 (identified as clothing and shoulder spikes match) behind bull centaur 2
Bull Centaur 2
Potentially right glove of khorne human 3 on edge of screen

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Bob Bifford
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bob Bifford »

Its on Cyanide so i dont care :)

Is there a chance that this team will be put into the rules? for TT.

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Bob Bifford wrote:Is there a chance that this team will be put into the rules? for TT.
Unlikely.

If the team is well balanced, interesting, and thoroughly playable then it will make its way onto the tournament scene and presumably make its way into the game via NAF sanctioning. This would be a great outcome but it rather depends on the quality of the roster that cyanide can create... as I said, unlikely :)

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.