Cyanide chaos edition

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Genghis
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Cyanide new BB expansion: The Chaos Edition...

Post by Genghis »

SillySod wrote:
Bob Bifford wrote:Is there a chance that this team will be put into the rules? for TT.
Unlikely.

If the team is well balanced, interesting, and thoroughly playable then it will make its way onto the tournament scene and presumably make its way into the game via NAF sanctioning. This would be a great outcome but it rather depends on the quality of the roster that cyanide can create... as I said, unlikely :)
Personally, I'm not going to be shocked if GW shoehorns it into the CRP, regardless of the roster's playability.

Reason: ''
Will drink beer for food.

The Tragically Hit - Amorical Cup '17 Team Champions
Best Defense - Underworld Cup '16

Rituro
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cyanide chaos edition

Post by Rituro »

Congratulations, Cyanide! This announcement managed to make me rage so hard, I out of the blue remembered my TFF password. So, thanks for that, since you ruined any goodwill from the return of the Chaos Dwarves by adding in Daemons. Ugh, what a load. I mean, sure, there's the off-chance the Khorne roster is balance...

:lol: :puke:

...nope, sorry, couldn't finish the thought.

The Nuln Bombers -- making amazing counter-attacks since 2507
~
Da Dead'Ard Sunz -- making orange cool again since 2510
juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

Just remember this comes with GW blessing. So any rules are in effect as sanctioned as pre LRB material, which we all play ok.

Im not defending the playtesting but I certainly think after dungoen bowl returning it is official with the GW link.

...the pope said to his aid...
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

juck101 wrote:Just remember this comes with GW blessing. So any rules are in effect as sanctioned as pre LRB material, which we all play ok.

Im not defending the playtesting but I certainly think after dungoen bowl returning it is official with the GW link.
While I can appreciate your point I wouldn't consider it official unless it's in the CRP. In the same way as we have the NAF sanctioned teams, this is effectively a Cyanide sanctioned team. I don't consider either official but the NAF sanctioned teams are accepted by many more people (Cyanide themselves have clearly endorsed at least 1 of the teams).

Official, for me at least, is when something is in the rules made by the same people. But thats just my 2 cents worth.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

From the Cyanide forum:
Coaches,

We are happy to inform that all owners of Blood Bowl will be able to purchase Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition for about €10,00! (exact price is still being debated, but this number is pretty accurate)

This price is a special offer for all players who already have one of the previous editions of the game such as Blood Bowl, Legendary Edition or Dark Elves Edition.

For those who don’t already have the game and want the full experience, Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition will be sold around €30. Pass the message along to your friends so they join the community in September 2012!

Freki.

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

out of interest - will people with LE still have servers to play on

are there enough people out there who will stick with LE to make it worthwhile or is it going to go the way of DE?

Are leagues like FOL going over to CE?

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Maverick wrote:out of interest - will people with LE still have servers to play on
I believe it's going to be the same server. pmcc was talking about LE and CE being compatible entirely. Still need clarity on what exactly that means, but it's certainly an improvement on the "shared chat room" of DE/LE which simply serves to confuse DE players.
are there enough people out there who will stick with LE to make it worthwhile or is it going to go the way of DE?
See above - shouldn't be an issue. I imagine a lot of people will buy CE at that price. Certainly more than would have at €20, which is what I was expecting.
Are leagues like FOL going over to CE?
As with point 1, that shouldn't be an issue - people should be able to play the same league, just with a few extra teams available. The real question (about which I am still uncertain) is whether FOL will accept Khorne...

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

Cheers dode

should i ask what happens if a khorne player comes up against someone with LE only ?
or is it just a case of the LE players wont be able to play the new races but will be able to download from server the icons/graphics.

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

No idea, mate. This is one of the things we need clarity on regarding the meaning of the games being "compatible". Obviously the gold-plated solution would be to allow anyone to play against any team, just not as them. I think that's their plan with Dungeonbowl, so I am hopeful. Any graphics download to allow this is likely to come as a patch to LE on release of CE rather than on-demand simply due to the amount of data - the amazon skins folder for LE is 93MB alone, for example.

As an aside, the €20 discount means that it is probably going to be cheaper for most people to purchase a bargain-bin version of DE or LE and then buy CE with the discount. Amazon.co.uk have DE available for £4.60 right now, meaning CE would cost a new player £12.60 (€10 = ~£8 right now) rather than the £24 it would cost otherwise.

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

dode74 wrote:No idea, mate. This is one of the things we need clarity on regarding the meaning of the games being "compatible". Obviously the gold-plated solution would be to allow anyone to play against any team, just not as them. I think that's their plan with Dungeonbowl, so I am hopeful. Any graphics download to allow this is likely to come as a patch to LE on release of CE rather than on-demand simply due to the amount of data - the amazon skins folder for LE is 93MB alone, for example.
Have they still not answered what they meant by compatible? That was being asked when they first announced it, so they've had a good couple of months to come up with some wishy-washy excuse. :roll:
I'd be very surprised if they managed to get full compatibility, allowing people to play vs any team but not as them, without it causing some major bugs or being very easily hacked.
As an aside, the €20 discount means that it is probably going to be cheaper for most people to purchase a bargain-bin version of DE or LE and then buy CE with the discount. Amazon.co.uk have DE available for £4.60 right now, meaning CE would cost a new player £12.60 (€10 = ~£8 right now) rather than the £24 it would cost otherwise.
And there lies possibly the first clever thing I've ever seen Focus do... they get their cut from the sale of an old game on Amazon/Play/wherever, then get full monies from selling the new game directly... So make themselves more money that way than people buying from other retailers at full price.
Its a decent offer, and probably one I'll take advantage of, but lets not pretend they've got all altruistic on us.

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TheDoc »

I will probably upgrade my DE edition to CE when it is ready.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Ooh. At that price I'll probably buy CE.
After all, it has my favourite team: Underworld. That's worth 10 euros :D

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Still no info about Chaos Daemon roster.:-?

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Any news on how long this offer lasts?

For 10 Euros I’d certainly consider it but it would depend on how many issues Chaos Edition has when it comes out. Also even with the graphics turned down I think LE contributed a great deal to the burning out of my graphics card fan.

It was probably when I played a bunch of games against the computer to get a full team of legends.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Ten euros for beta 3 (or is it 4?) of the game. Sounds like a steal! :D