Cyanide chaos edition

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Cyanide chaos edition

Post by Heff »

I noticed at the BB forum Cyanides version that there is a 21 page thread on the new edition due out. I tried scanning for information but it seems to have degenerated into a trollfest (Odd that, rarely happens over there). Frankly I don't have enough time in my life for that. So the question is

What are the rumors about what is in it?

Reason: ''
Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Cyanide chaos edition

Post by MattDakka »

Well, in Chaos Edition three teams will be added:
- Chaos Dwarfs
- Underworld
- a third mysterious team coming from Realm of Chaos.
The speculations are either:
Chaos Pact or an unofficial Daemon team, but the latter seems unlikely to me .
For sure, Slann are not going to be included in Chaos Edition.
A translation from Amazon.fr, sorry for the quality, I copied it here directly from the Cyanide forum as it is:

Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition is the ultimate edition of Blood Bowl, including the content of all previous editions of Blood Bowl, plus the brand new content exclusive to Chaos Edition! With Chaos Edition, 3 new races make their triumphal entry into the bloody arena, bringing the number of playable races to 23! The question maléfi Chaos Dwarfs are well fi nally entering the field, while the rogue teams Underworld are surfacing for the first time to participate in tournaments! Supporters have also not ignore nor to Live touchdowns and above all violent deaths, because Blood Bowl hosts, for the first time in its history, teams arriving directly from the Demon Realm of Chaos !

A new stadium is opened for the occasion, bringing the number of arenas to play 10. Lizardmen and Amazons indeed open the doors to their newly built stadium afi n to welcome new teams participating in the Blood Bowl! If Blood Bowl already offered a huge gaming experience with its many solo modes story, campaign, or a tournament game, the Chaos Edition offers a completely new single player mode, the World Championship! Take part in a prestigious competition and win the victory! Qualifi cations national tournament fi nal, through the continental cups, tournaments that are bloodier than ever that players will compete in this great competition!

Features:

A total of 23 races including three unpublished, as different in appearance than in playing style

10 game environments to moods and styles, including the new stage of Lizardmen and Amazons.

A whole new world championship in single player mode: Create your team, lead it to victory ... all barred!

Create your own online league, challenge other players and participate in tournaments on the Internet to raise your team at the top echelons of the ranks of offi cial!

Release Date: June 14, 2012

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No extra Stars.

No Slann.

Possibly no Pact, but an untested team.

=

No money from me.

Add in all the bugs that won't be fixed, plus the new ones they're bound to add, and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Darkson wrote:No extra Stars.

No Slann.

=

No money from me.

Add in all the bugs that won't be fixed, plus the new ones they're bound to add, and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
+1. They already proved their utter and absolute incompetence in making BB1 (aka paid beta version 1.0) and BB:LE (aka paid beta version 1.1) and their latest patch was a flop.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Thanks. I shall do what I can then to contain my excitement. :lol:

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Nikolai II
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nikolai II »

Being a true Blood Bowler, I'll throw my money at Cyanide, just as I've done with GW:s editions when they added poorly playtested rules and teams every time I turned around :lol:

It's not as if there's any viable alternative, unless FUMBBL tries to finish their client. (Charge some money or ask for donations, make a kickstarter.. anything to get the manhours to finish it. but sadly that'd put them in the 'competing with GW for money' field, which means it ain't likely to happen..)

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Darkson wrote:No extra Stars.
Wow, that really is lame. The missing stars are one of the most important issues for me. I'd rather they keep having 20 teams and add some of the vital cheap stars.
Darkson wrote: No Slann.

Did they not learn from the realtime mode debacle? No one wants their crappy home grown add ons. I can do without slann though it seems a little silly to do 23 of 24 teams. Can'r see any reason not to do pact as if they are doing underworld then they will already have the animosity special rule and they have already made all the players you need for pact.

Adding a brand new team would be a terrible idea as all the non-official teams are dreadful, heck a few of the official one slike Khemri and zons are pretty bad too.

Darkson wrote: =No money from me.

If it's less than a tenner I might get it for mucking about on single player. Sometimes it can be fun to see how many kills I can rack up with 1 player or how many Mummy TD's I can manage

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

These days if it don't run on mac it's no good to me. + legendary edition was fun for a while, but I'm not missing it since packing my pc away. I'd rather they worked on improving the portable versions.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM WALES!
Bob Bifford
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bob Bifford »

Nikolai II wrote:Being a true Blood Bowler, I'll throw my money at Cyanide, just as I've done with GW:s editions when they added poorly playtested rules and teams every time I turned around :lol:

It's not as if there's any viable alternative, unless FUMBBL tries to finish their client. (Charge some money or ask for donations, make a kickstarter.. anything to get the manhours to finish it. but sadly that'd put them in the 'competing with GW for money' field, which means it ain't likely to happen..)
What you talking about FUMBBL is far better than cyanide hence why I have quit cyanide and now play on FUMBBL

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Sounds good to me, i'm 100% certain it will be chaos pact, ill buy it certainly had my moneys worth from the last 2 versions, and i look forward to the special froggy edition that will surely be released next year :wink:

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

they have already said it is not pact. they said it is a Khorne team. Brand new :lol:

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

:oops: i'll take my sensible hat off now, idiots (cyanide that is) probably wont buy it then, if they manage to make a balanced New deamon team i'll eat my hat :D

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36259

yesterday cyanide stated that the team would be Khorne Fried Chicken... :puke:

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Cyanide new BB expansion: The Chaos Edition...

Post by Axtklinge »

http://bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub ... nfo&id=300

Ok, three new races to join the game: Chaos Dwarf, Underworld, and ... Daemons of Khorne?!?

(...)
:?:

Iranian Spy
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cyanide new BB expansion: The Chaos Edition...

Post by Iranian Spy »

A Bloodthirster, eh? ... So, Str6? 7? Frenzy and Mighty Blow?

Team Scotland: for Blood Bowl in Scotland http://www.createforum.com/teamscotland ... scotlandbb

Glasgow Blood Bowl League https://www.facebook.com/groups/273727376038744/

The Artist formerly known as "Shaheen"