Khorne Roster in Cyanide??? Uh-oh

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Khorne Roster in Cyanide??? Uh-oh

Post by Sandwich »

Please tell me the original message from Freki was posted on April 1st, before midday??

If not... :roll:

Haven't had much time to play BB:LE recently, was considering it the other day until reading about the chaos since the recent patch, and now this. I'd be upset if I wasn't completely unsurprised...

Reason: ''
Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

tchatter wrote:Yeah I won't be buying this edition.

I'll wait and see what is included in the "Black Box" if it ever happens before I decide on that.

I really just want a way to play online that has 100% of the CRP in it. All of the Stars, ALL of the inducements, all of the skills and all of the teams.

Cyanide was on their way to that point, now instead of modeling the Pact or Slann they add something pointless.
Sadly if you wish to keep playing the Cyanide game against human opposition then you will likely have to buy the new game sooner or later.

I suspect the major MM servers as well as many of the leagues will switch over as I’m sure plenty of players will want to use the new races, some may even like the Khorne daemons!

But don't worry they are probably working on another version with Pact, a couple more stars, some more stadiums and a few more useless bits no real BB fan actually wants.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

the reason why slann and chaos pact are not in is quite clear to me:

gasperz and roll jordan did produced miniatures for those teams before they where ofitial, ... so they will remind in a Linbo as far as GW is concerned. But no body did underworld (yet) and they are very easy to be done by converting GW stuff, so let underworld live!!!

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

This was posted by Siam (the Cyanide artist) on the French forum:
Comme je l'ai dit sur le forum anglo, les Slanns sont persona non grata par GW (ils veulent recentrer le fluff des Slanns à des gros machins immobiles et quasi-immortels) et le CP a été mis de côté par l'incompréssibilité du temps nécessaire pour faire une quatrième race. Khorne c'est effectivement pllutôt un choix marketing je suppose, ça va être une team qui a la classe sur un terrain. Et effectivement une preuve que GW ne fait pas que clore des rosters, mais est prêt à discuter.
My French is a little rusty as I haven't used it in many moons since high school, but the part I bolded I read as '(Khorne) is a team who is the class of/on the field'. Something to overpower the overpowered Clawbombers? :roll:

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

My french is a little rusty as well but it appears to be

As i said on the english forums, the Slanns are persona non grata by GW (they want to refocus the fluff of Slanns) and the CP (pact) has been put aside by the time necessary to make a fourth race. (WTH ??? ) Khorne is actually a purely marketing choice i guess, it's going to be a team that has the class on field. And actually a proof that GW is not that closed to new rosters, but is ready to discuss.

Paraphrased but at least its close i think - feel free to correct me - I'm still learning :) 20 odd years on :o

although WTF does he mean by the bolded part

EDIT also theres a part after refocus the fluff of slanns - that looks like "as large immobile big hitters quasi immortal" so there goes our agile leapers :(

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

How does the Warhammer background though control the blood bowl background? I thought they had now been severed?

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

So rather than do pact they made a 4th race? What does that mean?

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

ah that might be my translation - think more along the lines of "CP has been put to the side due to the time it would take to create a fourth race,"

i.e. we're getting CD, underworld and khorne there isnt time for pact as well...

Meaning khorne was always to be added in ??? just as a marketing gimic to add to the chaos factor of the "chaos edition " ???

Edit: why is it never in German thats so much easier to translate :)

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

English computer nerds don't look like that! Cyanide is forgiven everything. :lol:

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I've never associated Khorne with "class" of any kind, and the argument that they didn't have time to do a 4th team makes me wonder why they would possibly want to do a new, unsanctioned, race over an existing one. It's not as if they don't have all the graphics and stats for the entire Pact team already, right? and if they created Underworld then they also manage rules for animosity, right? so making a Pact team in Cyanide should have been the least work of any of the missing teams.. :pissed:

I'd feel a damned site more comfortable if I thought the former members of the BBRC had seen and endorsed the roster (though I still didn't agree with all their rules changes FWIW)..

I want to support the growth of BB as much as I can, but this makes me shudder...

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Chris wrote:How does the Warhammer background though control the blood bowl background? I thought they had now been severed?
I don't get what you mean here. A khorne team did play bloodbowl once. But the fluff said they completely destroyed the opposition because they were ridding on juggernauts. I think this was when players riding animals was banned?

But yeah it does make me shudder. I wonder if gw will update the official crp PDF on their site as a result of this madness. If so then we will all be in position where this race is excepted in tourneys etc.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

garion wrote:
Chris wrote:How does the Warhammer background though control the blood bowl background? I thought they had now been severed?
I don't get what you mean here. A khorne team did play bloodbowl once. But the fluff said they completely destroyed the opposition because they were ridding on juggernauts. I think this was when players riding animals was banned?

But yeah it does make me shudder. I wonder if gw will update the official crp PDF on their site as a result of this madness. If so then we will all be in position where this race is excepted in tourneys etc.
In relation to the comment on why not Slann.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Chris wrote:
garion wrote:

In relation to the comment on why not Slann.
The Slann were in 40K 1st edition and Fantasy until 3rd edition. They were a super advanced space faring race that created most of the races and were largely wiped out in a huge disaster that created the chaos gates on the north and south poles. The few survivors ended up being very primitive and were humanoid frog people.
They were not a massively popular army so were dropped from both game systems and in later fluff the Old ones seem to have been given their old history.

When 5th edition Fantasy came out a new race called Lizardmen was introduced, Lizardmen (Saurus) were in 3rd edition too and were the original inhabitants of the warhammer world along with Troglodytes (Kroxigor) and Coatl (Terradon). They were largely wiped out by the slann to make way for elves, dwarfs and humans. GW either wanted some connection with these old armies or were too lazy to come up with a new name so Slann became big fat mega powerful frog wizards who were the 1st amongst the old ones’ servants.

The Slann were in 2nd edition BB, but didn’t make it to 3rd edition as it initially moved a lot closer to Fantasy fluff before heading back more towards the old 2nd edition fluff.

I suppose GW are being consistent as they banned the 3 NAF approved races from crp because of the Slann, since they don’t make Slann models anymore. GW is a miniature company that also does rules, but those rules are there to sell models. So I am not surprised they banned Slann from Cyanide’s game too since they probably want to avoid confusion between their fat frog models. Fantasy makes them far more money than BB which is why they don’t care about the game.

Of course this doesn’t explain why Chaos Pact are not being done, unless it is the lack of BB marauder models. But then they have never made any Khorne daemon models either so I really don’t understand that either.

I’m a little disappointed they went with Khorne as let’s face it most of the chaos teams in Cyanide go down that route. The skills I’d associate with the blood god would be frenzy, might blow, horns and dirty player (bloodletters used to have regen as well in 40k and WHFB) none of which would add much to the game for a new team.
Slaanesh have issues with not being family friendly, for some reason killing people with a chainsaw is fine but seeing semi-naked female shaped daemons will corrupt us all. But I think they could have done something interesting with Tzeentch, both horrors and flamers could work as players and they were always the most random and heavily mutated of the 4 gods followers.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

great post spubbbba..

the most consistent complaint I have heard about the most recent rules were the proliferation of CLAWPOMBers and how it destroyed leagues.. now I'm pleased to say I have only encountered one such creature in the last couple of years, a Snow Troll/Yhettee that took out 4 of my linemen, 3 permanently :blue: , but I'm curious how adding a team reknowned for being bloodthirsty addresses that. The guys at Cyanide know the way to win a game is to score the most TDs, right?

look, a fire, let's add gasoline to see what happens.. :roll: :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers