Khorne Roster in Cyanide??? Uh-oh

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Khorne Roster in Cyanide??? Uh-oh

Post by neverworking »

Anyone else feel this will be a broken team?
Freki wrote:As we cannot keep the secret any longer, here is what we may confirm you will find in the next edition of Blood Bowl. However, please remember everything isn’t set in stone yet, and while some websites already publish information, these may be modified in the near future.

For the moment, I can confirm that there will be a new stadium and 3 additional races, including:
- The Underworld
- Chaos Dwarfs,
- And Daemons of Khorne, who have been specially developed for this edition.
I hear you thinking, but rest assured, this new race is being balanced to respect the rules of the game and to not be overpowered, when compared with other races (Halflings don’t count!)

Of course, similarly to what we did for the Legendary Edition, a special offer and a preferential price is planned for current players of Blood Bowl, but final price hasn’t been decided yet. As for the release date, it has yet to be determined, but I believe you might have to wait till after this summer.

As soon as I have more information, I’ll be sure to let you all know!

Freki

Reason: ''
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Khorne Roster in Cyanide??? Uh-oh

Post by MattDakka »

They can model a Khorne Daemon team, and they are unable to make Chaos Pact and Slann?!
:lol: Ridiculous!!!

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

but what would they add in their next expansion if they put slann and pact in now,

hell they've proven they cant fix bugs, well not without creating better more improved bugs....

so they have to keep something to eek out a little more money on another expansion that again wont be compatible with previous expansions :roll:

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neverworking »

Maverick wrote:but what would they add in their next expansion if they put slann and pact in now,
Apparently Slaanesh and Tzeentch

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Don't forget the 2 new stars!

Knowing them probably 1 of those will be Httark so actually useful (though not in MM as he costs so much) and the other will be some stupid one they make up for the daemons to use.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

I'm loving it!!! (as this move by GW aloows many diferent interpretations):

Would have jervis any thing to do with this? Would be the 4 teams of chaos the new ones in the new boxed edition set if ever published???

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

My personal guess is that GW is re-launching the game with underworld and khorne on it,... otherwise it would make no point at all,...

Genghis
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Genghis »

I think this is where Cyanide and I part ways. I was willing to toss money at them if the end product was a full CRP version of BB: 21 teams (the 3 NAF teams would be a nice bonus), all Stars, correct rules, and known bugs worked out. I didn't really care how many editions they went through to get there.

Khorne? I'll pass, thanks.

Will drink beer for food.

The Tragically Hit - Amorical Cup '17 Team Champions
Best Defense - Underworld Cup '16

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

Genghis wrote:
Khorne? I'll pass, thanks.
give them a chance!! you haven't heard the roster yet!! it could be well done... a Blood thirster or a blood letter with blood lust for instance,... :orc:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

What a load of $hite!

Oh, and Cyanide have had 3 chances and have still ballsed it up - why do you think they won't screw this up as well?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neverworking »

Our league will ban it if it seems out of balance, I'm sure depending on the severity of it, others will follow. Its the lack of star players that bug me the most.

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

neverworking wrote:Our league will ban it if it seems out of balance, I'm sure depending on the severity of it, others will follow. Its the lack of star players that bug me the most.
they say they will be two new ones, just too few,...

it will be interesting to know the NAF position and if the new roster will be acepted in tournament or considereded only experimental,...

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

If this is part of the rumoured GW black box for 2012 so that we actually get a tabletop edition with a rulebook with the Khorne roster in it ... than I could see the NAF considering it.

The Cyanide game is NOT considered rules canon for the NAF though. You didn't see the Drugs they had in current edition make it into the NAF rules did you?

So if the Khorne team is only part of the Cyanide game ... I would have to say ... that it won't enter into the NAF unless there is a lot of folks that REALLY like the roster and cry to have it at tournaments.

The first Blood Bowl game had made up star players in it and they didn't enter into the official game rules later.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neverworking »

I truly hope if the black box is blood bowl related that its more of a dungeon bowl thing and that they aren't meddling with the actual core rules of the game. I trust them to make nice miniatures, after that the trust ends.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

So this isnt an april fools joke?