Why Cyanide BB isn't getting any better...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Why Cyanide BB isn't getting any better...

Post by WhatBall »

Chris wrote:
WhatBall wrote: pilingOnToKoOnDouble (default: off)
Piling On player knocks himself out when rolling a double on armour or injury.
Interesting options - taking the one above is it relatively easy to change the consequence from KO to stun, cas, kill etc? (Game with all players with piling on and instant kills would be a bizarre risk filed event!)
It was really kind of cool, even in testing. It will make you think twice about whether it is worth it to flop on the opponent. I imagine it would be relatively easy for Kalimar to modify the option for Stuns and more serious injuries. The way the code was reworked seems to mean he can add these things quicker.

He just added the options for LRB4 SF, don't fall on a failed dodge, and Spiked Ball.

Reason: ''
katadder
Veteran
Veteran

Dungeonbowl

Post by katadder »

anyone playing? its only £10 but also only multiplayer only and currently just the 3 teams.
not sure if other teams will be added as patches or as DLC but its still good fun for now.

[quote="Panda"]I blame katadder for my inevitable downfall :wink:[/quote]
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Dungeonbowl

Post by dode74 »

They'll be DLC. I won't be playing - I barely have enough time for normal BB, let alone this. Very disappointed at what they did to team construction though.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Well they have just announced the 1st update with 2 new teams, going on sale this Thursday.

The new teams are
Grey college – Chaos, humans and Ogres
Jade college – Goblins, Orcs and Trolls

I’m guessing those are ogre team ogres for Grey so no loner which means you can have a mino, human ogre and 2 non-loner ogres. So that makes them a pretty tasty choice along with access to the dreaded combo I will not name here. The humans won’t be much use at higher TV but being able to start with players that have block, sure hands and dodge plus some speed will make up for chaos’s man weaknesses at low TV.

Unless the Jade college has special rules about having more big guys or the tertiary trolls don’t have loner then the troll option is utterly useless. You can already take 0-2 trolls from the goblin team and there is a limit of 0-2 players with the loner skill.
I do like this team and it feels more balanced and well themed that the other 4, but that does mean they look the be the weakest so far as you are basically adding 6 Orcs to the goblin team.
I would like them to swap the trolls for snotlings so we can have a full greenskin team, plus snots are not terrible players since they dodge everywhere on a 2+.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Love how Cyanide polled everyone on their favourites, then used one team near the top and one from the bottom. No need to give away the farm, eh?

The pricing will be interesting...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Gonna be delayed as well.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Darkson wrote:Gonna be delayed as well.
Wow, that’s a new record announcing them on Monday and then delaying them on Tueasday. We really need a facepalm smiley for Cyanide threads or maybe half a dozen to represent the various levels of stupidity and incompetence.

Seems the issue is with the fanatic, so this does at least prove they do playtest things at some stage. Mind you I’ve mentioned the fanatic being an issue with the dungeonbowl rules several times on their forum. No one has answered yet what happens when the fanatic moves into a wall.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

spubbbba wrote:No one has answered yet what happens when the fanatic moves into a wall.
It gets stuck. :lol:

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

New DLC available in the form of two colleges for 6 euros. So add those 6 euros to the 15 euro starting price, plus at least 3 more DLC packs for the remaining teams and you have a 39 euro 'bargain' for a buggy beta.

Cyanide, we <3 you.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

WhatBall wrote:Cyanide, we <3 you.
Is that a heart or a "teabag"? It works either way really.

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

I'm not gonna touch that one. :D

Seems Cyanide can't even take your money properly: :lol:
http://www.dungeonbowl-game.com/forums/ ... f=13&t=650
http://www.dungeonbowl-game.com/forums/ ... 8&start=20

Maybe they need to hire a publishing firm, someone reputable, like Focus.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Don't forget that Jade have a 3rd race that is useless, as you can take 2 trolls from the gobbo roster, and you can only have 2 loners per team (though they can't even get that right :roll: ).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »