Why Cyanide BB isn't getting any better...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Why Cyanide BB isn't getting any better...

Post by spubbbba »

So it looks like Cyanide have managed to mess this up already.

They look to be trying to stick to the existing Dungeonbowl teams as closely as possible, so that means of the 20 LE races we will be missing Amazons, Khemri, Lizardmen, Necromantics, Nurgle, Pro Elfs and Vampires.

However they have decided to ignore the sensible overall team restrictions and the only 1 they apply is 0-2 players with loner. So that means the Bright Wizards team (0-16 humans, 0-6 dwarfs and 0-2 Norse) could take 4 Human Blitzers, 2 Dwarf Blitzers and 2 Norse Berserkers.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yikes. Source, please?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Shteve0 wrote:Yikes. Source, please?
Right here, such a let down. :x

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Bloody idiots.

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

I want to say I'm surprised I really do .....

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And people said I shouldn't have such a downer on Cyanide... :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Jolly Roger wrote:We are happy to unveil today the official release date for Dungeonbowl as well as pre-order offer for the game!

Dungeonbowl, the online PC game based on Games Workshop's Blood Bowl universe will be available 8th June via the online shop of the game:

http://store.cyanide-studio.com/dungeonbowl/

Cyanide offers a pre-order starter pack which can be purchased, as of today, via this store, at a cost of 14.99$. The pack contains the game, a decor kit for the dungeon editor as well as the teams from three Colleges of Magic - Bright Wizards, Light Wizards and Rainbow Wizards - which were recently previewed on the forum. More colleges and decor kits will be made available in the coming months.

Players who pre-order the game before the 31st of May will have an exclusive access to Dungeonbowl as of the 1st of June 2012, well in advance of the official release date of 8th June. Pre-ordering will thus provide one week of frenzied gaming and a chance to hone skills before the rest of the world joins in. The game is also scheduled to be released on Steam at the end of June.

The official website for Dungeonbowl will be released soon at this address: http://www.dungeonbowl-game.com.

--
Discover the pre-order offer here:
http://store.cyanide-studio.com/dungeonbowl/
That's right, pay your £10, and you to can own 3 of the 10 teams that make up the DB rules. :roll:
I mean, for god's sake, they don't even have to make the figures this time round (*wonders how Milly will put a positive spin on this one*)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Yeah and the biggest let down is that the 3 teams you choose from are really samey. :(

Dwarfs, Halflings and Norse
Humans, Dwarfs and Norse
Wood Elves, Halflings and Humans

They could at least have thrown 1 evil race in there. Looks like I will be waiting to see how much they want for the other races. That worked out quite well with the original game as I avoided wasting any money on that and got L:E cheap.

I do quite like the little intro movie they've done.

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

spubbbba wrote:Yeah and the biggest let down is that the 3 teams you choose from are really samey. :(

Dwarfs, Halflings and Norse
Humans, Dwarfs and Norse
Wood Elves, Halflings and Humans

They could at least have thrown 1 evil race in there. Looks like I will be waiting to see how much they want for the other races. That worked out quite well with the original game as I avoided wasting any money on that and got L:E cheap.

I do quite like the little intro movie they've done.
Well, everyone likes dwarves right? :|

If they're planning to release the other colleges as free DLC, this is a decent enough deal (I won't be pre-ordering, but I'll be without internet for a couple of weeks anyways). If they expect people to pay more for getting the complete game (or as complete as they can make it), like they are doing with BB, they can shove it.

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Darkson wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:More colleges and decor kits will be made available in the coming months.
Free updates or as paid-for extras?
Jolly Roger wrote:@Darkson: We have planned to add the other colleges of magic promptly and regularly after the game launch. They will be sold in the form of small packs containing several colleges or environment kits.

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

well thats Dungeon bowl pretty much dead in the water then 8-)

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

I was actually looking forward to this a whole lot but only 3 teams is ridiculous. At least with the main game it almost made sense but this is just stupid. 3 very similar teams does not make Dungeonbowl sound attractive at all. :(

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Lol @ cyanide. Take gun. Aim gun at foot. Fire!

I've given this some thought, and I've decided I'm through with these clowns. Not another penny. I have a low tolerance for money grubbers and they've passed my threshold... Straight into "Greedy W@nker" territory.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
SetzerGabbz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SetzerGabbz »

Darkson wrote:
Darkson wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:More colleges and decor kits will be made available in the coming months.
Free updates or as paid-for extras?
Jolly Roger wrote:@Darkson: We have planned to add the other colleges of magic promptly and regularly after the game launch. They will be sold in the form of small packs containing several colleges or environment kits.
Sigh. Looks like it's a pirates life for me, then.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Well, I will wait 6-12 months and see if it costs the same when more teams are released.