Why Cyanide BB isn't getting any better...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Why Cyanide BB isn't getting any better...

Post by WhatBall »

It is so bloody obvious what they are doing it is shameful. Cyanide has all this shitty BB code and a all the models already. They are done their three title contract with Focus and are looking to gouge as much additional money as possible out of the BB community. So they work a deal with GW to do DB, and release an unfinished beta onto the community with only three teams. Then they'll release three or four expansion packs (probably at another tenner each) and gouge as much additional money as they can, while only bothering to fix a few bugs here and there as they please.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Word.

And still people bend over to take it...:roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

If you guys think that their bloodbowl releases are bad.... look at their attempt at a game of thrones strategy game ;)

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
commisar ken
Star Player
Star Player

Post by commisar ken »

WhatBall wrote:It is so bloody obvious what they are doing it is shameful. Cyanide has all this shitty BB code and a all the models already. They are done their three title contract with Focus and are looking to gouge as much additional money as possible out of the BB community. So they work a deal with GW to do DB, and release an unfinished beta onto the community with only three teams. Then they'll release three or four expansion packs (probably at another tenner each) and gouge as much additional money as they can, while only bothering to fix a few bugs here and there as they please.
Sorry but you are incorrect,if you buy it now before the general release date you get all of the future teams for free.
Also for all of you haters out their. It is a decent game.Why not play it once before you judge it.You people are probably just mad because they did not release on your kids home video game console.
As for the video game you people should just be happy for it.Because now it has drawn alot of new interest and players.Unless the majority is happy playing a good game that the new Generation of gamers have never heard of and hopefully steal some of the 40k limelight.

Play Coach Krazy Kenny on Cyanide.He is usually lurking in Auld World.
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

commisar ken wrote:
WhatBall wrote:It is so bloody obvious what they are doing it is shameful. Cyanide has all this shitty BB code and a all the models already. They are done their three title contract with Focus and are looking to gouge as much additional money as possible out of the BB community. So they work a deal with GW to do DB, and release an unfinished beta onto the community with only three teams. Then they'll release three or four expansion packs (probably at another tenner each) and gouge as much additional money as they can, while only bothering to fix a few bugs here and there as they please.
Sorry but you are incorrect,if you buy it now before the general release date you get all of the future teams for free.
Also for all of you haters out their. It is a decent game.Why not play it once before you judge it.You people are probably just mad because they did not release on your kids home video game console.
As for the video game you people should just be happy for it.Because now it has drawn alot of new interest and players.Unless the majority is happy playing a good game that the new Generation of gamers have never heard of and hopefully steal some of the 40k limelight.
I've not played the Dungeonbowl release but the idea of paying for 3 out of 12 (I think teams) seems kinda silly, why not just wait and sell a full and complete game if you're gonna provide the stuff free anyway? It seems less than sensible, I wouldn't necesarily say shameful but a bit silly nonetheless.

Why should we be thankful, we can already play Dungeonbowl with full rosters, models and in some cases real 3d boards, Dungeonbowl the computer game possibly going to be very cool, eventually, once it's complete, but buying 1/4 of a game doesn't sound cool to me. :)

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

commisar ken wrote:You people are probably just mad because they did not release on your kids home video game console.
Wow, you really can read us like a book. The charade's over, everyone! We've been found out!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Shteve0 wrote:
commisar ken wrote:You people are probably just mad because they did not release on your kids home video game console.
Wow, you really can read us like a book. The charade's over, everyone! We've been found out!
Personally I am still waiting for them to release it for my Sinclair Spectrum. bastards!!

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I am sure I played Heroquest on either the spectrum or commadore 64. It was awesome and much more fun than Cyanide’s poor efforts to produce Bloodbowl.

Dungeonbowl is riddled with game breaking bugs at the moment. There are reports that teams often get given a victory entirely at random and when this happens it is like a concession.

So I will let the chumps pay for it straight away and wait for the other teams to come out, if it seems to be working at that stage and is a reasonable price then I may get it. If you fork out cash for a sub standard product then you is de-incentive them to fix the bugs.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
barnacle111
Veteran
Veteran

Post by barnacle111 »

I have to say I quite enjoyed the bb game, not perfect by a long stretch, but entertaining if you considered it along side 'target renegade' (which I also loved 20 years ago). It just showed its simplicity in graphics and gameplay when compared to current 'proper' computer games.
Gutted that db and the game of thrones sounds as though it is in a similar vein.

For something completely diffferent and non bloodbowl... www.tomandcath.com
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Poor Ken, in for a shock when he tries to download the extras, and needs to enter his credit card details.
They've said repeatedly on their forum that they will be paid for extras (that's assuming they actually bother).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

commisar ken wrote:Sorry but you are incorrect,if you buy it now before the general release date you get all of the future teams for free.
Source?

Also: http://www.dungeonbowl-game.com/forums/ ... =DLC#p1132
Jolly Roger confirms that "even if you don't have the other teams, you'll be able to play with someone who bought it."

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

commisar ken wrote:
Nah, ...I'm still right. :P

And I'd rather have fun and embarrass myself, from my lack of rhythm, playing those Just Dance games with the kids on their game system. More fun than slogging through yet another bug-riddled Cyanide offering.

And what is this nonsense about 'just be happy about it'? I'm happy to support and lend my skills, which I do, to those who put a real effort into making a quality product, which Cyanide are not doing. On Cyanide, the Wonder Stuff said it best, "It's yer money I'm after baby!"

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Why not just try it? no AI.
That simple.
What Galak wrote earlier in the thread applies equally to me. If I want to play BB online I have a muc better way of doing it than the clunky Cyanide game I've already bought twice.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Waldorf28 »

spubbbba wrote:Dungeonbowl is riddled with game breaking bugs at the moment. There are reports that teams often get given a victory entirely at random and when this happens it is like a concession.
The game still has some problems, but that particular doozy is now fixed.

Commissioner at the UKBBL.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Something like THAT should never make it past Alpha testing, let alone Beta testing.

It's as if they weren't testing this stuff at all....

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.