What Would A Khorne Demon Roster Look Like?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: What Would A Khorne Demon Roster Look Like?

Post by spubbbba »

poochée wrote:I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think the norse roster we have right now (maybe minus the thrower) looks what I would imagine a khorne roster to look like. So basically what I am saying is: why? why does anybody need it? (sorry for the rant, it's just that I am still dumbstruck by the idea)
Yeah I feel the same way and honestly can’t think of what the Khorne roster will have that Chaos, Nurgle, Pact or Norse can’t already do. Unless they come up with some silly special rule such as daemonic aura.

We have 24 teams and they are plenty, I’d much rather they fix Amazons, ogres and Khemri before inventing new teams. I understand they had no choice with slann cos of GW but Pact would have been needed, is doubly stupid when they go and call I Chaos Edition.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
poochée
Experienced
Experienced

Post by poochée »

Well, I know there are a lot of Bretonian haters out there and I myself am not sure whether the team is really needed or not, but still I would take them over Khorne Demons every day.

At least that is a roster that has been tested pretty throughly (at least as far as I know) and it would make a lot of people happy.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I've posted this before:
My understanding is that this was a marketing decision once GW had said no to Slann. If they assume that most who have LE will get CE anyway then their problem becomes one of selling this to a new market, and apparently they saw it as easier to sell enormous winged demons with badass underlings than weird babylonian big-hatted folk and some already-existing races (if you consider underworld and pact to basically be gobs, skaven and humans with some different characteristics). That means that Khorne was the first team "in", with CDs second as the race most talked about being wanted on the Cyanide forums (and already in CRP, to boot). It then came down to prioritising Underworld or Pact, and for whatever reason Underworld were prioritised 3rd and Pact 4th. The development time didn't allow for 4 teams to be made, so they chopped Pact.

Graphically, Pact couldn't be "humans with mutations" any more than CDs can be "dwarves with mutations and centaurs" - there is a theme to stick by. New models would be required.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

What Would A Khorne Demon Roster Look Like?

Post by Shteve0 »

I should have put a disclaimer: that was a pretty wild guess. The screenshot reference refers to there being 5 khorne demons plus two khorne humans and a bloodthirster visible in the 3 screens released by cyanide, and the fact that they're called "khorne daemons" as opposed to simply "khorne" (unlike, for example, "nurgle").

Frankly, the more I think about it, the less I care what they do with the roster... Its a bit of a joke.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

dode74 wrote:I've posted this before:
My understanding is that this was a marketing decision once GW had said no to Slann. If they assume that most who have LE will get CE anyway then their problem becomes one of selling this to a new market, and apparently they saw it as easier to sell enormous winged demons with badass underlings than weird babylonian big-hatted folk and some already-existing races (if you consider underworld and pact to basically be gobs, skaven and humans with some different characteristics). That means that Khorne was the first team "in", with CDs second as the race most talked about being wanted on the Cyanide forums (and already in CRP, to boot). It then came down to prioritising Underworld or Pact, and for whatever reason Underworld were prioritised 3rd and Pact 4th. The development time didn't allow for 4 teams to be made, so they chopped Pact.

Graphically, Pact couldn't be "humans with mutations" any more than CDs can be "dwarves with mutations and centaurs" - there is a theme to stick by. New models would be required.
I am a little confused by the logic of that.

I am sure if you asked the Bloodbowl community which 3 of the following 4 teams they wanted (underworld, pact, chaos dwarfs and some khorne daemon team made up by them that we know nothing about) which of those would be left out.

So they must be plumbing new depths of stupidity to ignore us, let’s face it not many people who had never played bloodbowl before were going to buy the 1st game much less it’s 3rd incarnation. So I find it a little hard to believe that they honestly thought Khorne daemons were the most marketable.

The only reason I can come up with is that they don’t do Chaos Dwarfs in fantasy anymore, whilst underworld and pact are just made up of existing players. So this might generate a couple more sales of their plastic bloodletters as gamers want to play them in tabletop. None of the 3rd party manufacturers do bloddletters unlike slann, pact or underworld so that may be a factor.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

No argument from me, but we are talking about the decision-making processes of marketing and management people here, not BB players.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

I actually love the idea of the Khorne team and will be making one for TT if the rules are ok!

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Personally, if I had to create a balanced Khorne team without my bosses giving me any budget for playtesting...I'd use the Feral Orc stats as a base.
Feral Orcs wrote: 0-1 Minotaur Skills: standard Advancement: Normal-SM Double-GAP Cost: 150k
0-4 Savage Blitzers 7,3,3,7 Skills: Block, Frenzy, Horns, Tattoos Advancement: Normal-GS Double-AP Cost: 100k
0-4 Black Savages 5,4,2,7 Skills: Frenzy, Tattoos Advancement: Normal-GS Double-AP Cost: 90k
0-16 Savage Linemen 6,3,3,7 Skills: Frenzy, Tattoos Advancement: Normal-G Double-SAP Cost: 50k

RR Cost: 50k, Apo: yes

New Skill Tattoos: Armour rolls made against a player with Tattoos are never modified, regardless of the source of any usually applicable modifications (e.g. no Mighty Blow, no assists during a foul, etc.). Piling On may be used to reroll an armour roll made against this player. Skill use is mandatory.
Since I don't want extra skills, I want to make it like Chaos, and I want a bloodthirster:

0-1 Bloodthirster - 6,5,2,9, Frenzy, Wild Animal, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull - 160k
0-6 Bloodletters 6,3,3,8 Skills: Block, Horns, Frenzy Normal-GSM Double-AP Cost: 100k
0-16 Cultists 6,3,3,7 Skills: Frenzy Normal-G Double-SAP Cost: 50k

I don't think that would be too imbalanced, but I'm not a team writer (I am concerned that Bloodletters are too good, and should lose their block, but the cultists might balance that out).

If they do go with the "Frenzy" schtick, it *could* be a fun race to play. It's also insanely easy to mess those up, and imbalance them. I don't hold out hope, but I'm not going to write it off as unbalanced powergamery. Ideally, it would be the same level as Pact/Underworld.

TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TheDoc »

They tried this in a citadel journal a while back.

I think the bloodthirster was a special player with 5,6,2,10 as stats with a special armour that couldn't be altered by MB, claws or DP etc. He did have the rule though if KO'd or injured he was sent back to the warp. The bloodletters had 5,4,2,9 with horns and frenzy I think and you could have two of them.

I'd expect the roster to be similar to those rules.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

A screenshot has already shown 5 bloodletters on the pitch, which means it is either a 0-6 position or the lineman for the team.
Either way, ST4 sounds a tad unlikely.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=37116

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.